The Benaroya LPs

ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
edited May 2010 in The Porch
So they made 2000 copies of these.

Yet over the passed few years, I occasionally go on Ebay just out of curiousity to see if any are for sale and for how much.

It's shocking how many I've seen on Ebay. I would have thought only having 2000 copies would make it something worth keeping... as opposed to selling. (Yes I'm aware the worth)

Just a random personal observation.
Toronto 2000
Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
Boston I&II 2004
Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
Toronto I&II 2011
Buffalo 2013
Toronto I&II 2016
10C: 220xxx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    sometime pjfan have to sell...but dont want to(they need the money)..other times its dealers/record stores...
    but i do agree its at least one a month if not two
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    If I had to guess....I would say about 1/2, maybe more are economy related from what I have read here. Again...Just MY observation..;-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    I just always figured... you can always earn more money one way or another..

you may never again be able to possess such a thing like the Benny LPs.
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I was desperate about 4 years ago. I decided to sell mine. The auction ended and before I shipped it, my GF knocked the thing off my desk and it made a very slight crack (hardly noticeable) in the spine. The buyer decided to look elsewhere and I kept it.

A few months ago I cracked it open and have given it a few listens. Really happy I didnt get rid of it.
    Parksy wrote:

In some cases, desperate times call for desperate measures, and in some of these cases I would guess these folks figured they had no alternative.

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Parksy wrote:

The eventual monetary value of a collectible item is why some people collect.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    what is the going rate on ebay in these auctions that you guys see? for a sealed set?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    i would like to score one of those
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    what is the going rate on ebay in these auctions that you guys see? for a sealed set?
    $400-$700
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    I like records, I have a handful that I've gotten for really cheap or I just bought collectors editions of CD's..Like the Ten re-release or the Avett Brothers I & Love & You....but I just refuse to give a lot of money for records...I like listening to the old records because they do seem to have a nostalgic quality and sound to them..but the new ones do not and I see absolutely no point in dishing out $40-$50-$60 or in Bennaroya's case thousands of $$$ for copies of these records that I can download or get the cd's of...

I honestly can hardly tell the difference in the sound of a record and the sound of a cd...so I don't get all the money being spent of this all of the sudden re-emergence of vinyl that's going on..

Having said that...to each his own.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    theres one on there now for £995. pounds mad ah
  • Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter Posts: 2,832
    will trade emek KC artist edition xx/100 + cash for benaroya LP sealed or near-mint unsealed
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,383
    I had to sell mine a few years back when my boiler died in Feb in New England, needed the $$ to get things moving. Heat in Feb is kind of a necessity in New England. Have tried quite a few times on ebay but they keep hitting way out of my range.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    im keeping hold of mine!
    danny d
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    danny wrote:
    im keeping hold of mine!

Same here. Sealed, mint & 10club packaged & all in tacked! 8-)
    i wonder if the Philly boots will be the same crazy money in a few years

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    klusterfuk wrote:
    i wonder if the Philly boots will be the same crazy money in a few years

CD's? If they were numbered, for sure. Not numbered, I don't think so. Wish though Night 3 or 4 was pressed on a limited edition vinyl run.
    yeah i doubt it about cd's too. dont matter,i i just bought me one. I'm not into making money off shit anyway. Once i buy it it's not for sale anymore.

• theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    ok..i count myself as a pearl jam collector..i was on holiday when benny came out and missed the sale..i bought it last year for a crazy amount.but hey that was the going price.i got it off a 10c member as he needed to sell .i think to save for his wedding.it sits sealed in my bedroom never to be played.(yeah i know)

its the world of pearl jam collectors.many records have had a run of 2000 and can be bought for alot less then a benny or itw.but when it comes to pearl jam all rare items cost..and a benny is a cheap item compared to other pearl jam stuff...try finding a freak cd.or a monkey wrench set..and they dont even come close to a Reeenk Roink.(ill have one one day).

its this band they drive us all crazy..

who else would pay $75 for a stuffed dog .just besauce its a lost dogs promo item.pearl jam fans do.

yes im a fan first a collector second.i just hope i never have to sell any of it,as it means alot to me ,crazt as thatr sounds
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953

who else would pay $75 for a stuffed dog .just besauce its a lost dogs promo item.pearl jam fans do.

yes im a fan first a collector second.i just hope i never have to sell any of it,as it means alot to me ,crazt as thatr sounds
    + 1, yo!
    Fan 1st, collector 2nd.
    I still hold out hope for the Benaroya LPs, but...
    ... sigh!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter Posts: 2,832
    ok..i count myself as a pearl jam collector..i was on holiday when benny came out and missed the sale..i bought it last year for a crazy amount.but hey that was the going price.i got it off a 10c member as he needed to sell .i think to save for his wedding.it sits sealed in my bedroom never to be played.(yeah i know)

its the world of pearl jam collectors.many records have had a run of 2000 and can be bought for alot less then a benny or itw.but when it comes to pearl jam all rare items cost..and a benny is a cheap item compared to other pearl jam stuff...try finding a freak cd.or a monkey wrench set..and they dont even come close to a Reeenk Roink.(ill have one one day).

thats exactly how i feel...i have every PJ collectible i could want/need from any show ive been to or anything ive seen EXCEPT benaroya vinyl & soldier field vinyl (tho i could live w/o soldier)
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
    one of these days hopefully we'll all score. one of those being in the right place, right time deals.i just always seem to be two minutes late

• robbyblaylockrobbyblaylock Posts: 428
    i suspect that the benaroya lps dont really exist. sure some people opened them and played them, but are they really sure they did? i can hear that show in my head ive listened to it so much. maybe people think they have the lps but are just looking at an empty record player and are drunk with delusions that they possess such a highly touted item. i think someone that really owns it should hold it up and stand infront of a mirror. i bet you my limited edition 24 lp philly boxset (numbered 1/1) that you will see yourself holding nothing......im not crazy!
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 927
    danny wrote:
    im keeping hold of mine!

Me too. I play the fuck out of it :)
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i wonder how many of these have now changed hands?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=91705&p=2158917&hilit=benaroya#p2158917
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • onebadbootlegonebadbootleg Posts: 118
    They will eventually be reprinted.
    Poetry and powertools
  • GlenGlen Posts: 111
    I was a lucky one, in the right place at the right time. Played mine over and over. Kept it mint for about six months with the view of keeping it so, couldn't resist though and glad I can enjoy it as intended.
    Im not supersticious, Im just a littlesticious.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003

don't be so sure, the LPs were a limited edition.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749

they will never be re-printed.

IMO, it should be illegal to advertise something as "Limited Edition" only to re-release it in the future.

If I purchase an auctioned Benny LP for $500+ dollars... and then they decided to print another 1000 of them... I would rush the stage during a show and steal as many guitars as I could to re-coop my loss :D

(j/k for you over obsessives out there)
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016

You are wrong about that! ;-)