Rock Band: Pearl Jam coming

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited May 2010 in The Porch
http://www.examiner.com/x-31345-Video-G ... l-listings

We have all heard the rumors about Pearl Jam having their own Rock Band title. Not too long ago, Harmonix asked for votes on the best Pearl Jam live songs for a possible tracklist to present for a Rock Band project.

We need your help! Ten Club, MTV Games and Harmonix’s Rock Band, and Rhapsody are teaming up to let you, Pearl Jam’s biggest fans, help us choose the best versions of Pearl Jam live songs that will be presented for the first-ever fan voted set list for a forthcoming Rock Band project.

Your expertise will help us determine which of these versions is worthy of making the cut. Just click on the songs you like and open up the Rhapsody playlist widget for that particular song. Once you have the widget open, listen to the version you think is the best. The versions that are played the most times will be deemed the best versions and will then be entered into consideration to make the final “set list” vote.

Pearl Jam is no stranger to Rock Band, having many of their songs on the growing Rock Band library. However it seems as though retailers are telling us something else. A German retail site has the game titled and listed with a release date. World of Games has a listing for "Rock Band: Pearl Jam Live (game only)" with a ship date of September 15 and a shop sale date for September 16.

Since the internet world has learned of the retail listings, an MTV Spokesperson confirmed to Destructoid:

“We haven’t announced any products beyond Green Day: Rock Band and Rock Band 3," we were told. "We have a great relationship with Pearl Jam and hope to have more of their awesome music in the game in the future.”

As for now, Rock Band: Pearl Jam is just a rumor, however we can foresee a title like this coming with just how many loyal and dedicated fans Pearl Jam has.
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Great news mate, I'm really looking forward to this title. Let's hope in the coming E3 Harmonix tell us some solid news related to this.
    México 24/11/2011
  • Got_SomeGot_Some Posts: 77
    I saw that article last week.

I'm definitely looking forward to adding some new PJ songs to my Rock Band library!
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    NICE
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas Posts: 306
    Speaking as a person who has Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero 1, 2, 3, and World Tour, and the Backspacer album in Rock Band - I am starting to wish these games would go away. Seems like a new Rock Band game comes out every 2 weeks. Rock Band Green Day, Rock Band Van Halen, etc.... DJ Hero, blah blah blah. Activision and EA have over saturated the market, and are killing the genre.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    rlaidepeas wrote:
    Speaking as a person who has Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero 1, 2, 3, and World Tour, and the Backspacer album in Rock Band - I am starting to wish these games would go away. Seems like a new Rock Band game comes out every 2 weeks. Rock Band Green Day, Rock Band Van Halen, etc.... DJ Hero, blah blah blah. Activision and EA have over saturated the market, and are killing the genre.
    +1. I think it's about time they moved over to a 'software update' model.. want new features? Download them! DLC ensures that a new game is absolutely pointless, save for new features.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    +1. I think it's about time they moved over to a 'software update' model.. want new features? Download them! DLC ensures that a new game is absolutely pointless, save for new features.[/quote]

At some point in the future this will be how it is, hopefully sooner than later.
  • irish1313irish1313 Posts: 118
    come on man, who doesn't want the official Rock Band Pearl Jam edition tambourine, harmonica and wine bottle add ons?
    :D
    Nashville / Detroit 2000
    Grand Rapids 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids / Detroit 2006, Chicago 2009, PJ 20 both days, Wrigley 2013
  • UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    That article means nothing. Read it last week. It says NOTHING about RB:PJ coming out. If anything it leans more towards it not coming out. We haven't heard anything in months, and RB3 is for the fall. So if they don't have anything ready to announce between RB: Green Day and RB3, I would think this is done with. I hope not, but it honestly doesn't look good if you really think about it.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,180
    New info about Pearl Jam Rockband, one hour and 25minute into this podcast.

https://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/beastcast/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"