Eddie Vedder on the Celebrity Apprentice?

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I was watching Bret Michaels on the show last night and a thought occured to me- Eddie Vedder should be on this show. As we know, Eddie is philanthropic in nature and the money raised in each challenge goes to charity. He might be a little timid in front of the camera but it would be awesome to see him each week.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    is this a sarcastic thread or are you serious?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    Umm.... No. Please, no. No more reality TV. No Ed on reality TV. No Stone on reality TV. No PJ on reality TV. Please.

I can't see it happening. Obviously, I don't want to see it happen, but I also cannot imagine a scenario where it would happen. The guys like to keep their personal lives private, why would any of them -- especially Ed -- agree to go on a reality show?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    it would be for charity. and, he would reach a wider audience than, for example, his concerts.
    what's wrong with that?
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    I think the fact that Eddie has not taken the Bono approach to raising awareness is pretty telling, you know? We are talking about a band that did not exactly embrace fame and do the full-on rock-star thing.

My guess -- pure speculation, since obviously I do not know the band -- is that these are not guys who are interested in making a spectacle of themselves to raise money for charity. [And, yes, I consider interacting with Donald Trump on-camera to be making a spectacle of oneself.] They do things their way, and they seem to give pretty generously to charities, and, really, what is wrong with that?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Umm.... No. Please, no. No more reality TV. No Ed on reality TV. No Stone on reality TV. No PJ on reality TV. Please.

:thumbup:

No reality TV in general. I keep wishing for the day that reality TV just drops off...but, I'm afraid I'll be wishing the rest of my life.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    dcfaithful wrote:

No reality TV in general. I keep wishing for the day that reality TV just drops off...but, I'm afraid I'll be wishing the rest of my life.
    They need to make a reality show about people who hate reality shows...
    Starring DC Faithful :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Ummm.... No.
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I was watching Bret Michaels on the show last night and a thought occured to me- Eddie Vedder should be on this show. As we know, Eddie is philanthropic in nature and the money raised in each challenge goes to charity. He might be a little timid in front of the camera but it would be awesome to see him each week.

Oh dear God, please no!!!!!!
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,429
    no chance of it ever happening as it we be totally against any of their personalities. their charity is done much more consistent with their personalities and don't need it be to done in the public eye as much.

I like Celebrity Apprentice a lot though. Gives you a great way to see who is cool and who is a complete dick or jerk. Really gained some appreciation for Bret Michaels on it this season (even before he got sick again). And who knew Cyndi Lauper was such a bitch? It's pretty neat to see. and can't say i hate to look at trump's daughter (ivanka?) she is smokin hot.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,368
    Please no! These reality TV show's must die! If Ed was on American Dad or The Simpsons, sweet! But for the love of GOD no Celebrity Apprentice, Cops or LOST! I beg you!
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Putting Eddie on The Apprentice would be much like putting him on American Idol...and he's mentioned how much he hates that show. No. He should never be on reality TV. Ever.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Davidtrios wrote:

Oh dear God, please no!!!!!!

+1
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Maybe Survivor... that's it though...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it'll never happen.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:

They need to make a reality show about people who hate reality shows...
    Starring DC Faithful :lol:

haha! You cut to the core of me, BD!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Eddie Vedder and Donald Trump sitting at the same table. And then the world exploded.

Please don't wish this awful fate on us...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I get the feeling Ed's not gona be away from his family for any extended period of time unless he's on tour.
  • Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    Lame] :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    This thread's going over real well ... :|
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    This is a terrible idea.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I dont think so. Not that I know him personally, but it seems like Mr. Vedder likes to be in near total control. I cant picture him letting go of any control and submitting to a reality show. Hell, you can rarely find him doing an "open" interview. I would love to see him on the Stern show, but again, I dont see him releasing control and fielding questions about subject matter he doesnt care to discuss. For a celebrity, he is a very private person.
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    Pearl Jam can do charity whenever they want too. They wouldn't need a reality show to act as a soapbox. Don't forget that part of the Ten Club ticket sales for this current tour went to charity. Over the course of their 20 year career, they have turned down more public opportunities than they have accepted. I am quite certain reality tv offers would not be any different. I mean, just look at the B and C list celebrities that go on those shows. It's celebs that are no longer relievant. People DESPERATE for attention. Does this sound like Pearl Jam to you?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Gmoney wrote:
    Maybe Survivor... that's it though...
    :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    jimed14 wrote:
    This thread's going over real well ... :|

Haha, I know right?
    This is a terrible idea.

...and just to reiterate.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    To the people complaining that this would be a terrible idea... do you not realize how funny it'd be?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Jurassic MarcJurassic Marc Posts: 152
    the day i catch myself watching the celebrity apprentice, nevermind the day Vedder is on it, will be the day i jump off a building.

p.s. bret michaels is dirt
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    demetrios wrote:
    Please no! These reality TV show's must die! If Ed was on American Dad or The Simpsons, sweet! But for the love of GOD no Celebrity Apprentice, Cops or LOST! I beg you!

I would pay anything to see the boys in futurama... Or at least their heads! :D

COPS could be interesting ;) (j/k)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Horrible, horrible idea.

That being said, I'd Tivo every episode.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    NO.
    www.myspace.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    over bends wrote:
    To the people complaining that this would be a terrible idea... do you not realize how funny it'd be?

Thanks for seeing it my way. You have vision my friend.