Options

10 Club design/t-shirts

swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I was a bit bored tonight, so I thought I'd design a 10 Club Membership t-shirt. Of course, I wouldn't be able to print/sell these, unless Pearl Jam decided to hire me :)

Anyway, I'd like to see what the people here think of my work.

http://www.rawpixels.com/10club_blue.jpg

http://www.rawpixels.com/10club_black.jpg

http://www.rawpixels.com/10club_red.jpg

http://www.rawpixels.com/10club_green.jpg

My Portfolio
http://www.rawpixels.com/

-Bill
Free the West Memphis Three
www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    id like that on my boxers
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    Nice work .............what is in the 10.....is that a tree or veins?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    that's a sweet design. I'd like it on a white t-shirt I think. Or dark blue.
    "Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules. If you mark that frame an 8 you are entering a world of pain."
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone.

The thing within the 10 is a tree, by the way.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    i like it
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    id buy one....just one.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    i'd buy one too ;) !!!

go talk with the 10C !!!
    -- rafa
  • Options
    Hmmm, maybe I should talk to them. I could use some work. :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Good design!

I'd wear one :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    ChloeDancerChloeDancer São Paulo - SP (Brazil) Posts: 58
    I like it! By the way, nice portfolio! Well done :)
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I was a bit bored tonight, so I thought I'd design a 10 Club Membership t-shirt. Of course, I wouldn't be able to print/sell these, unless Pearl Jam decided to hire me :)

http://www.rawpixels.com/10club.jpg

My Portfolio

-Bill
    I like it. I'd buy one if it was for sale...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    Thanks to all for the kind words! Now, maybe all of you should write the 10C and demand that they hire me. :)

I could customize each shirt with each member's #.

Now, go mobilize and get this done!!!

Hehheheh
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    ringoringo Posts: 504
    I had to invert the colors in paint to see the tree thing. Man monitor here at work sucks the big one. Nice design.
    d'oh
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114

My Portfolio

-Bill

And why couldn't you print and sell them???
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    And why couldn't you print and sell them???

I believe that would be considered copyright infingement. I couldn't profit off of the 10C, unless I was employed by them.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I believe that would be considered copyright infingement. I couldn't profit off of the 10C, unless I was employed by them.

hasn't stopped others from printing up shirts based on PJ lyrics or other things relating to the band.

Get rid of the club at the bottom of the shirt and there would be no infringement ;)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Options
    That's awesome! I'd buy one. I think you could do it. I'm on another band board and there's a fan made shirt for every tour with band name and all. They promote it on the board, the band and management know about it amd they certainly see the shirts at the shows and it's all cool. One year the proceeds from the shirt went to charity. You could maybe do that...set the price at cost + shipping + a few bucks over and send that to PJs favorite charity. I think the band would appreciate it esp if done for a good cause.
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    That's awesome! I'd buy one. I think you could do it. I'm on another band board and there's a fan made shirt for every tour with band name and all. They promote it on the board, the band and management know about it amd they certainly see the shirts at the shows and it's all cool. One year the proceeds from the shirt went to charity. You could maybe do that...set the price at cost + shipping + a few bucks over and send that to PJs favorite charity. I think the band would appreciate it esp if done for a good cause.

They might be stepping on someone's toes if they did that..... and we wouldn't want that.

Admin

• Options

I think I'll write an email to the 10C and see what they say. Thanks!

Bill
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Fantastic! Good luck! Let us know what happens!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    They might be stepping on someone's toes if they did that..... and we wouldn't want that.

How would it be stepping on anyone's toes? Especially if proceeds went to charity? I've seen it happen elsewhere and no one got hurt or upset, the fans love it, the band was flattered. When a charity benefits then there's a positive effect. I see it as all good if done the right way.
  • Options
    Fantastic! Good luck! Let us know what happens!

Will do! I just wrote them. It would be great if this could be done. I have no problem doing this for charity. Maybe, the profits could go to the Ron Paul campaign. :)

I hope they get back to me. :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    How would it be stepping on anyone's toes? Especially if proceeds went to charity? I've seen it happen elsewhere and no one got hurt or upset, the fans love it, the band was flattered. When a charity benefits then there's a positive effect. I see it as all good if done the right way.

There is already an "official" PJ fan charity/fundraiser... this might upset some people. I know similar efforts have in the past.

Admin

• Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046

My Portfolio

-Bill
    That is a genuinely fantastic design :)
    It would be cool if we could generate enough interest to get the staff at the 10c to consider this, it would make a great white shirt.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    That is a genuinely fantastic design :)
    It would be cool if we could generate enough interest to get the staff at the 10c to consider this, it would make a great white shirt.

Thanks so much! You're in Belfast, eh? My mom is from Ireland (County Mayo)

-Bill
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    There is already an "official" PJ fan charity/fundraiser... this might upset some people. I know similar efforts have in the past.

So are you saying you're upset about it? Explain, please. If there's another action to benefit a charity I don't understand why someone would get upset, it's all going to help folks who need it right? To me, as long as someone's not profiting from the shirt AND the charity is something that PJ and fans want to help out then there's not a whole lot to be upset about. If everyone thought "gee someone else is already doing something to help who/what ever then I don't need to do anything" we'd be in even a sorrier mess, yeah?

Again, I've seen this same thing happen with another band and and everyone was ecstatic. We raised over $1000 for the band's favorite charity from one shirt. That's my perspective...I've seen it work and I see PJ as being as generous on so many levels, this could be just another way to spread some peace and hope.
  • Options
    That's a great design, but it got me thinking. Obviously nothing against your design, but I know there are a lot of artistic people here. Why not have a T-Shirt design contest. Then let people vote, and the winning shirt gets made.

But still if you got permission to sell those for charity, count me in!!! But please put them on regular sized shirts that don't shrink 2 sizes when washed.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917

My Portfolio

-Bill

I want one
  • Options
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    That's a great design, but it got me thinking. Obviously nothing against your design, but I know there are a lot of artistic people here. Why not have a T-Shirt design contest. Then let people vote, and the winning shirt gets made.

But still if you got permission to sell those for charity, count me in!!! But please put them on regular sized shirts that don't shrink 2 sizes when washed.

I have no problem with that. I like competition. :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    So are you saying you're upset about it? Explain, please. If there's another action to benefit a charity I don't understand why someone would get upset, it's all going to help folks who need it right? To me, as long as someone's not profiting from the shirt AND the charity is something that PJ and fans want to help out then there's not a whole lot to be upset about. If everyone thought "gee someone else is already doing something to help who/what ever then I don't need to do anything" we'd be in even a sorrier mess, yeah?

Again, I've seen this same thing happen with another band and and everyone was ecstatic. We raised over $1000 for the band's favorite charity from one shirt. That's my perspective...I've seen it work and I see PJ as being as generous on so many levels, this could be just another way to spread some peace and hope.

Personally, I'm not upset at all, quite the opposite actually, which is why I questioned why the OP couldn't print or sell the shirts.

I'm just relaying what has happened in the past and the "drama" which arose out of it. I'm all for donating to different charities which the band supports and not just funneling money to one cause or organization.

Admin