NYC hotel

donatelloadonatelloa Posts: 71
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Anyone know of a LUXURY type hotel that is NEAR MSG. I am looking to make this a special night and have not stayed near MSG before. Any thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AH129339AH129339 Posts: 25
    this place is amazing, and everywhere in manhattan is only 5 min cab ride
    http://www.mandarinoriental.com/newyork/?cid=gl_monyc

however as i am sure you know/or are about to find out hotels arent cheap in NYC

if you looking for something cheaper the chelsea hotel is prob not a bad option, great musical history to. have heard its a little run down but might be worth a shot for prob 150 a night as other palces will be 400-800 a night.

good luck
  • donatelloadonatelloa Posts: 71
    I have stayed at a Mandarin O in Washington --great hotel. Is it near MSG? I was looking at the W on broadway or the four seasons farther up town. ? anything closer?
    this is really close http://www.hotelpenn.com/
    but i would def opt to stay further away, like i say you are only going to be a 5min/$10 cab from MSG
    the area of NYC around MSG isnt very nice in my opinion, time square is the biggest waste of space to so i always tell people to stya well away from there
    these jsut my thoughts
  • donatelloadonatelloa Posts: 71
    four seasons worth the ???? or is somewhere else the bomb for a cool night?
    yea i would say so, i havent stayed there but the bar is pretty cool there which is a fun spot for a drink
  • NYCslackerNYCslacker Posts: 54
    donatelloa wrote:
    I have stayed at a Mandarin O in Washington --great hotel. Is it near MSG? I was looking at the W on broadway or the four seasons farther up town. ? anything closer?

There's no real luxury hotel on par with a Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental in the immediate vicinity of the Garden. Pick the neighborhood and/or hotel you want to stay in and it will be easy enough to get to the Garden either via cab or subway.

That said, you can't go wrong with the Mandarin Oriental. It's at Columbus Circle and is only 2 stops on the A train to the Garden. Their spa is fantastic! The Four Seasons is across town on 57th St on the east side. The Ritz Carlton on Central Park South is also a good luxury option.

I always recommend my friends to stay downtown when they visit. Bowery Hotel is great and I'm loving the Standard. The floor to ceiling windows afford amazing views and you're right on top of the High Line. Great restaurant and bar too. Plus, it's also an easy two stops on the A train.
  • LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Posts: 822
    AH129339 wrote:
    this is really close http://www.hotelpenn.com/
    but i would def opt to stay further away, like i say you are only going to be a 5min/$10 cab from MSG
    the area of NYC around MSG isnt very nice in my opinion, time square is the biggest waste of space to so i always tell people to stya well away from there
    these jsut my thoughts

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • DelfinaDelfina Posts: 52
    I'm staying at The Alex. It's a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, so I assume it must be good.