Things You Don't See Everyday

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,040
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok, enough things have crossed my path that, a thread would be a fun way to share.

About three weeks ago I was driving back from Mansfield , Ohio for a work project. On the way up , I saw this pond and pasture seperated by a stand of trees. Had made the trip on several occasions and remembered the pond. Nice little spot. Anyway, This trip back I spot a strange herd of cows. Made me do a doubletake. Upon further review , it was a herd of buffalo!!
Something you don't see everyday./

About two weeks ago , I'm driving north on HIgh St. here in Columbus at OSU campus. And traveling south in traffic is a guy riiding a bike with no hands IN TRAFFIC playing an acoustic guitar!! WTF?!?!?!

Todays edition has me again working , driving on High St. alot further noh in Worthington , Oh. Just south of ST. Rte. 161 parked on the side of the street is the fucking Batmobile!!!!! The version from one of the movies. Thinking , ooookkkaaayy, and go about my business. After cleaning out a donation drop box and going to the next , I saw it again turning from 161 on to High St. The thing that struck me as somewhat odd was it had Ohio plates!! I wasn't aware that Gotham was a part of Ohio.

Thats definately not something you see everyday.

Look forward to reading from you guys. And the above is absolutely true. Yes I am bored but true nonetheless.
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    There's a summer festival thing in my town every year, on the last weekend of July. A parade, concerts, street performances, the works. One year, there was something you just couldn't ignore. (Granted, this is something I saw on at least two days, so not 100% related to the thread. ;) )

There was a guy picking fights with a lot of people. Now, the alcohol consumption on a festival like that is quite high, so someone picking a fight isn't that unusual. What was unusual however, was that the guy was dressed up as a banana. From head to toe, all banana-style. :lol: Of course there was the banana shaped suit, but also yellow tights and a yellow long-sleeved shirt.

I'm not sure if he was wasted or not, I never got to a talking distance to him.

In some ways he was very annoying, in some ways very entertaining. I don't think he ever got really hurt, don't think anyone really wanted to kick his arse. There he was, going from guy to guy, getting into fights. And he had some sweet moves! A wanna-be Karate Kid in a banana costume. 8-)

He never won.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I startled the crap out of a big river otter on Friday night. It's funny because river otters are an animal that I had totally given up in Idaho. There just weren't any to be seen... ever. Now, in that last two months, I have had two great encounters with them, both within 10 feet. I got to watch this one fish and swim for amost 10 minutes before he spotted finally spotted me hiding on the bank. He dove under water with a big splash and then came right back to the surface glaring at us and swimming in circles like he wanted to start a little something there for one second. You don't know cute until you see an angry otter.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    eMMI wrote:
    There's a summer festival thing in my town every year, on the last weekend of July. A parade, concerts, street performances, the works. One year, there was something you just couldn't ignore. (Granted, this is something I saw on at least two days, so not 100% related to the thread. ;) )

There was a guy picking fights with a lot of people. Now, the alcohol consumption on a festival like that is quite high, so someone picking a fight isn't that unusual. What was unusual however, was that the guy was dressed up as a banana. From head to toe, all banana-style. :lol: Of course there was the banana shaped suit, but also yellow tights and a yellow long-sleeved shirt.

In some ways he was very annoying, in some ways very entertaining. I don't think he ever got really hurt, don't think anyone really wanted to kick his arse. There he was, going from guy to guy, getting into fights. And he had some sweet moves! A wanna-be Karate Kid in a banana costume. 8-)

He never won.

That's awesome. I'd fight a guy in a banana suit.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    eMMI wrote:

I wonder if this guy ever had a gig as a tenpin at the local show near me??? smiley-confused002.gifCos it is him, then he...oh nevermind, we won't be going into THAT story! :oops:
    He never won.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    The other weekend I saw a walking boot on top of a fell (bigger than a hill but not as big as a mountain). Just the one and I wondered how it got there, did it's owner not notice their cold foot on the way down.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,040
    what I should have seen today was that telephone pole that took out the truck mirror!!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • redmosquito10redmosquito10 Posts: 568
    On my old street, which I lived on for 2 yrs, twice while walking down the street I passed 2 people walking together, one in a full-body bear suit, the other a tiger suit. Just walking down the street silently. Never could really figure it out. (Bonus, this was also on OSUs campus. I see things here that make me double-take on a daily basis)
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,040
    On my old street, which I lived on for 2 yrs, twice while walking down the street I passed 2 people walking together, one in a full-body bear suit, the other a tiger suit. Just walking down the street silently. Never could really figure it out. (Bonus, this was also on OSUs campus. I see things here that make me double-take on a daily basis)
    I bet , and I'd love to read about them!!!