Hartford poster on ebay

Comments

• Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    So of course it is your right to sell a poster you bought, it is yours. How exactly did this poster appreciate in value by damn near 200% :shock: in 24 hours? If this is normal please let me know I will apologize for this thread but it does seem a bit excessive.
  • I agree with you.
    There is another thread about a guy who had his poster stolen...makes me wonder if this seller REALLY bought this poster.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    There are always a ton of show posters on Ebay the day after a concert. People obviously buy them for profit and shut out other fans from getting them.

Someone else on eBay is selling the Hartford print for $100 (and has 3 of them), while another eBay seller has one listed for $179. I guess the 10C sales are not keeping prices down as much as you would think.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I got one better. There are some 96's and 98's that aren't worth what this chucklehead is looking to get. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-Hartford- ... 2a0722aac2
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    youngster wrote:
    I got one better. There are some 96's and 98's that aren't worth what this chucklehead is looking to get. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-Hartford- ... 2a0722aac2

The $179 price tag is a bit excessive (dare I say greedy)

At least the seller posted nice pictures of the print. You can really get a good look at all of the detail in the poster from the photos.
  • Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    I agree with you.
    There is another thread about a guy who had his poster stolen...makes me wonder if this seller REALLY bought this poster.

That story about the stolen poster was one of the things I was thinking about when I posted this. IMO it is one thing to put it up for auction and let people pay what they want by bidding it higher. it is another thing to just slap a high price on it to try and solicit an offer that would still be above market value, which cannot be much more then $30 as enough sales have not occurred to move that value.