Gimme Some Truth

swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I just watched a few songs from my Live at the Garden DVD, and Eddie singing Gimme Some Truth is absolutely brilliant! John Lennon would surely be proud if alive and well today.

I hope Eddie does some different Lennon songs this mini tour.
Free the West Memphis Three
www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    They played it in 2003 at the DC concert (Nissan Pavillion), and it was great. I hope they play it again in DC.

Which brings me back to a favorite topic of mine -- Eddie should sing Workingclass Hero. Another great Lennon song.
  • swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    catwoman wrote:
    They played it in 2003 at the DC concert (Nissan Pavillion), and it was great. I hope they play it again in DC.

Which brings me back to a favorite topic of mine -- Eddie should sing Workingclass Hero. Another great Lennon song.

I can almost picture Ed singing Working Class Hero. Seems made for him.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • I just watched a few songs from my Live at the Garden DVD, and Eddie singing Gimme Some Truth is absolutely brilliant! John Lennon would surely be proud if alive and well today.

I hope Eddie does some different Lennon songs this mini tour.

I really love that. It's such a powerful song.
  • I remember the first time I heard Ed sing this... I got chills down my spine. Awesome, awesome cover :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Agreed its a cool song. Used to do it with my band ages ago and people would respond to it. Its just very punk.
  • One of the many reasons I love PJ, they cover songs that are not the most obvious to cover from other artists. This is an example of a great song that I was exposed to thanks to PJ.
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
  • I can almost picture Ed singing Working Class Hero. Seems made for him.

That would be awesome one of my favourites. I think with Green Day covering it - chances are slim. Did you ever hear Marianne Faithfull singing this - pretty damn good.
  • goingtoveronagoingtoverona Posts: 616
    edited April 2009
    eddiitt
    Post edited by goingtoverona on
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    bring it back! dust it off...give us some truth!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,622
    pjalive21 said:

bring it back! dust it off...give us some truth!

Yes to this and Know Your Rights. Two very relevant songs right now.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 664
    I just watched/listened to this DVD this past Sunday. Bring it back into the mix. Every bit as relevant today as when John Lennon wrote it.