Inspirational lady called on stage in Hartford

Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I would like to bring to your attention a very special lady who was brought up on stage by Mike and Ed tonight at the Hartford gig.

Congratulations to Jennifer Jaff who was recognised for her tireless work she does in the community. Jennifer is the founder & Executive Director of Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness. Get behind Jennifer & the incredible work she does for Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc.

Please show your support here and let Jennifer know just how important she is!

advocacy.jpg

http://www.advocacyforpatients.org

Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc., where patients can get free information, advice and advocacy services in areas including but not limited to the following:

How to get your own medical records.
How to get and keep health insurance.
How to get health insurance coverage for particular treatments, drugs, and/or therapies.
How to get private disability insurance coverage.
How to get Social Security Disability Income.
How to assert your rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
How to assert your rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
How to ensure that schools accommodate students with chronic illnesses.
And much, much more.

Jennifer is very humble in her work and most certainly doesn't see herself as anyone special. Jennifer provides her time day in day out, very long hours, very stressful work and whilst trying to manage the pain of her own illness. The work of Advocacy is purely funded by donations. Jennifer makes a huge impact on many people....she makes a difference! Jennifer is an inspiration!

Jennifer, like Mike McCready also suffers from Crohn's disease, a inflammatory disease of the intestines. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn's_disease

Jennifer's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=717812604
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    Awesome work by Jennifer and well deserved recognition.
    Kudos to Joni for highlighting it here.
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    so02see wrote:
    Awesome work by Jennifer and well deserved recognition.
    Kudos to Joni for highlighting it here.
    + :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Lets hope this helps to spread the work and make even more money for such a worthy cause. :):):)
  • Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Lets hope this helps to spread the work and make even more money for such a worthy cause. :):):)

Did that man on your right pinch you to say that :lol:
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Just in the door (5:30 flight) from Hartford. Had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer at The Black Bear yesterday. I've a niece with Crohns disease and have recommended Advocacy For Patients to her . Jennifer and the folks at AFP are a godsend. It was wonderful to see her recognized on stage last evening. She is definitely a Fixer , as Ed said last night before dedicating The Fixer to her.

Thank you Jennifer and Advocacy For Patients for all the wonderful work you do. !!! Thank you Joni for starting this very worthy thread and, as so02see said, for highlighting her/their wonderful work.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
    Joni-Lee wrote:
    Lets hope this helps to spread the work and make even more money for such a worthy cause. :):):)

:lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RF753RF753 Posts: 18
    What a great thread. I wish you much success in your efforts. We are all in this together. I think we are here to look after each other, as corny as that may sound. Human Beings Unite!
  • lbc72lbc72 Posts: 35
    RF753 wrote:
    What a great thread. I wish you much success in your efforts. We are all in this together. I think we are here to look after each other, as corny as that may sound. Human Beings Unite!

I agree...we are all absolutely in this together. Very inspirational stuff here. With all the evil shit going on in this world, it is nice to see a group of individuals balancing it all out with hopes of overcoming it all one day. Good stuff! :-)
  • He can pinch me anyday joni...!!!!

Although I would have said that anyway,.
    Joni-Lee wrote:

• Great Job
    Well Deserved
    Bump for your awesomeness!
  • Great Job
    Well Deserved
    Bump for your awesomeness!
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Good work Jennifer!! It was nice meeting you at the pre-party at the Black Bear Saloon!

Keep up the good work! :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    thanks for sticky 10c and bump :)
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Awesome work Jennifer!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Congratulations Jennifer!!! :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :wave:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    Great job Jennifer! It was great to meet you! Keep up the great work.
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    very cool. :)

why can't pj do nice stuff like this when they tour the south? show non diehard pj fans how nice/cool they can be. instead ed knows he's in rep land and gets on his rants. :roll:
    we aren't all reps in the south by the way ed. ;)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Good for her! It's nice to see people get recognized for their hard and humble work.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Thanks Kat/Sea for the sticky. I think Jennifer is still "giggling" with surprise at being recognised on stage for her amazing humanitarian work.

No better place than in front of the Pearl Jam community where WE all make a difference....no thanks to Pearl Jam!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    very cool. :)

why can't pj do nice stuff like this when they tour the south? show non diehard pj fans how nice/cool they can be. instead ed knows he's in rep land and gets on his rants. :roll:
    we aren't all reps in the south by the way ed. ;)

'cuz it's the best time to give rants - rather than preaching to his own choir!!! :mrgreen: I love his rants...makes me feel better about mine. ;)

I'm one of those weirdos who wouldn't mind if he went on the entire show to rant and only did 15 songs. *ducks from flying tomatoes*

I think it's very nice of Mike & Ed to do this for Jennifer...she worked hard setting up an advocacy organization and helping people while being very sick. Not only does she run an organization, but also posts/answers on her group on FB.... I don't know how she does it 'cuz I am part of an unofficial organization as well as running the blog and the group on FB. Not easy...and I'm not sick like her.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Heather EversHeather Evers Posts: 168
    THANK YOU, JONI for bringing even more awareness to all of Jennifer's hard work. She is such a sweet & humble person, she would never have done this for herself.

KUDOS, JENNIFER!!!!!!! IT WAS MUCH DESERVED!!!!!!!!! :D
    If I had known then...what I know now...

the vic ~ 8.2.07
    eV at The Ryman ~ 6.18.09
    st. louis ~ 5.4.10
    If we all did a little, together we could make a BIG difference....wanna help us?
    Then visit http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Thank you Jennifer...you pour your heart and soul into the well-being of everyone you help.

I look forward to seeing you in November.

Thanks for all you do and glad you got this kind of recognition.

Cheers,

Brent
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    What a nice thing to do – recognize this woman for her efforts, very, very cool.

As someone who has chronic illness in their family (cystic fibrosis) people who go the extra mile to make the lives of the ill easier, are always appreciated in my book.

Wish I could have been there, would have made me cry.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    What a nice thing to do – recognize this woman for her efforts, very, very cool.

As someone who has chronic illness in their family (cystic fibrosis) people who go the extra mile to make the lives of the ill easier, are always appreciated in my book.

Wish I could have been there, would have made me cry.

:) Hi M!!! Same here with the family and a few friends (non PJ fans). My cousin told me she nearly died...but she's ok now, had a baby recently. I learned a lot because of Mike.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    Jennifer Rocks! 8-)

Hope to see you again soon!
  • Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,659
    Way to go Jennifer!! I was camping this weekend, just got back and looked at the setlist and it made me smile big to see you were recognized. Can't wait for the bootleg.

Thanks for all your hard work. You're really making a difference in many people's lives. We need more people like you in this world.
    IamMine wrote:

'cuz it's the best time to give rants - rather than preaching to his own choir!!!

good point.
    but
    i feel like shouting back ....if i knew i could be heard in the crowd...........
    stop yelling at me Ed i'm with ya! calm the fuck down. just because we are in the south doesn't mean we all disagree with you.

it's my 5th show and i guess i'm begining to feel sympathy for the 'shut up and sing fans'.
    pj does a lot of cool stuff beside angry ed rants. show it. ........at the shows i'm at. :lol:

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Thanks for posting this Joni-Lee, haven't had a chance to get online until today! Yay sticky!!!

Jennifer is on cloud 9 right now. She's so stunned and humble she still doesn't really understand why she was recognized in such a way. She works tirelessly even when she herself has long tired herself out and considers this the norm. Her work is extremely important and it's awesome that Mike helped to spread the word about Advocacy and honor Jennifer in such a way.

Here's video of the moment, though it's jumbly from excitement :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aORsrlWaf5c

Thanks to Cynthia & Steve we had an amazing pre-party fundraiser for Jennifer & Advocacy yesterday too. $2,100+ was raised by the 300+ fans in attendance.

Through efforts like the pre-parties, the April 10th Team McCready event & Flight to Mars, Wishlist & fans have raised over $40,000 for Advocacy!! Jennifer said the 4/10 event alone helped over 144 people... that is truly amazing!! Our community rocks!!

Jennifer..u rock, as always ;) xoxoxo
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    so freaking cool! she deserves it!