Options

Anticipating June/08

swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I'm not sure about everyone else, but ever since these shows on the East Coast were announced, I've been extremely happy. I go to bed thinking about Pearl Jam, and I wake up thinking about Pearl Jam.

Trying to get tickets via the Ten Club, which I did, was sometimes frustrating as hell, but when I finally got the tickets, it's was instant euphoria. I felt at times like I was under the influence of something...my hands were sweating, my heart pounding,, and so on...

I am so damn psyched about June, it's incredible. I love every aspect of seeing this band. I love traveling to different places, eating local food, meeting loads of people who share your passion in PJ, seeing if the poster is a good one, and if so, how tough will it be to grab one? Most importantly, I am addicted to the music, and hoping the band plays a song you've been dying to hear! A different setlist each night is such an essential part of what makes PJ shows so fucking special.

Anyway, I had to get off my chest how much I love this freaking band/way of life. Anyone else with me on this? :)
Free the West Memphis Three
www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    In the last week I have listened through Ten, vs., Vitology, No Code, Bi-naural, rearview mirror, Riot Act, pearl jam and Lost Dogs. Nothing else, just pearl jam. It's all I can think about.
    I also took a friend to Best Buy wednesday and bought him rearview mirror and pearl jam. We rode around for the next two hours burning that precious fuel and listened to choice cuts.
    My mood has noticeably changed since I got my 2 to Columbia SC in the pre-sale. I am obsessed with the greatest band ever - nobody else is even close.
    I honestly love every song on every pearl jam commercial release.
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Hell yeah! I've been on a cloud since they announced the shows too. There was frustration and upset with not being able to secure tix in any of the pre-sales, but I finally got tix this morning and it was instant euphoria and relief.

I moved the NA just over 4 years ago and have managed to see PJ in '05, '06, '07 and now '08... beats seeing them every 3-5 years in Australia (not that I'm complaining, living down there you understand that it costs lots of money to tour down there and you don't expect to see your favourite band every year).

PJ shows are the BEST! PJ fans are AWESOME! It's such a high being in crowds like that. Can't wait to finally get to experience that high in NYC.

Now, I'm about to crack open a Coopers while I finally try and get some work done today... been a bit of a wash (work-wise), too busy buzzing from the ticket high ;)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Yeah I am psyched about the shows!

For me, the next 2 months leading up to the show will pass soooooo slowly - I cannot wait! =)
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Anyone else with me on this? :)

Hell yea! I can't wait for June. Starting a new job the 2nd, bday the 12th, PJ 16th, 17th and 19th then going to Canada for a week of fishing to close out the month. So yea......... is it June yet????
    "There's alot to be said for nowhere"
  • Options
    Tone wrote:
    Hell yeah! I've been on a cloud since they announced the shows too. There was frustration and upset with not being able to secure tix in any of the pre-sales, but I finally got tix this morning and it was instant euphoria and relief.

I moved the NA just over 4 years ago and have managed to see PJ in '05, '06, '07 and now '08... beats seeing them every 3-5 years in Australia (not that I'm complaining, living down there you understand that it costs lots of money to tour down there and you don't expect to see your favourite band every year).

PJ shows are the BEST! PJ fans are AWESOME! It's such a high being in a crowds like that. Can't wait to finally get to experience that high in NYC.

Now, I'm about to crack open a Coopers while I finally try and get some work done today... been a bit of a wash (work-wise), too busy buzzing from the ticket high ;)

You're gonna LOVE Pearl Jam at MSG! It will be 2 nights of bliss.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    I'm not sure about everyone else, but ever since these shows on the East Coast were announced, I've been extremely happy. I go to bed thinking about Pearl Jam, and I wake up thinking about Pearl Jam.

Trying to get tickets via the Ten Club, which I did, was sometimes frustrating as hell, but when I finally got the tickets, it's was instant euphoria. I felt at times like I was under the influence of something...my hands were sweating, my heart pounding,, and so on...

I am so damn psyched about June, it's incredible. I love every aspect of seeing this band. I love traveling to different places, eating local food, meeting loads of people who share your passion in PJ, seeing if the poster is a good one, and if so, how tough will it be to grab one? Most importantly, I am addicted to the music, and hoping the band plays a song you've been dying to hear! A different setlist each night is such an essential part of what makes PJ shows so fucking special.

Anyway, I had to get off my chest how much I love this freaking band/way of life. Anyone else with me on this? :)

Just know, your not the only one on the island that gets high off Pearl Jam.

im with you 100%.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    Just know, your not the only one on the island that gets high off Pearl Jam.

im with you 100%.

Excellent. It seems there are quite a few PJ fans out here.
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Excellent. It seems there are quite a few PJ fans out here.

Yea, im friends with 1 or 2. Most people dont really get it though..

What part are you from?
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
  • Options
    Yea, im friends with 1 or 2. Most people dont really get it though..

What part are you from?

Unfortunately, many people don't listen to music anything more complex than hip-hop, etc.

I'm in Grasmere...u?
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Unfortunately, many people don't listen to music anything more complex than hip-hop, etc.

I'm in Grasmere...u?

I'm in Tottenville.

Glad to find some local PJ fans on here.

you going to both nights at MSG?
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    YEAH ! Include me in the anticipators for June 08 as well!

On top of Pearl Jam playing the worlds most famous arena ,

theres our Tickertape parade down the Canyon Of Heroes--which will also definitely be some time in June , ( remember the blizzard of June , 1994 ? ;) ) after the New York Rangers win this years Stanley Cup Finals .

excellent.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Every single word you said sums up the past few weeks of my life.

June can't come fast enough for me.

ditto.

I am also closing on a new house in June....

and June is beginning of summer.......

so many great things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm in Tottenville.

Glad to find some local PJ fans on here.

you going to both nights at MSG?

Yes. I'm also going to both Camdens, DC, Hartford, and both Mansfields. :)
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Is it June yet?
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    You're gonna LOVE Pearl Jam at MSG! It will be 2 nights of bliss.

Oh boy, the anticipation is killing me! Too exciting! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've watched the Live at the Garden DVD or listened to the bootlegs of those shows.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    It's times like this I wish that I had the remote that adam sandler had in that movie Click.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    I'm with you 110%..and then some!
    I'm soooo stoked to be seeing PJ again!
    The only show I've seen thus far was in 2005...I can't wait to see them 3 more times this summer! (Hartford, Mansfield x2!)
    We're going to be driving about 12 hours to see them, all the way from New Brunswick, Canada....and it's SO going to be worth it! We're planning on playing all the studio releases in order on the journey down! :D
  • Options
    mozettimozetti Posts: 95
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Every single word you said sums up the past few weeks of my life.

June can't come fast enough for me.

No doubt. I've been waitin' to see the Jam since '03 and I'm seriously hyped about June. I saw them in VA in '03 and in DC in '98. DC ought to be one hell of a show, and I can't wait! I've been listenin' to all my boot CDs that I bought back in the '96-'00 timeframe and just soakin' it all in.
  • Options
    ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO
    Is it June yet? NO

ill let u know
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    I'm with all of you, can't wait! I have babysitters set up, departure times, times to be in line to p/u tickets, time to be in line to get posters and when to sit to catch the pre-opener. JUNE!
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I've been waiting anxiously just for the last two weeks, how am I gonna last for two more months???
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    june is going to be fucking amazing. so is the summer. i cant fucking wait.
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    This will be my first PJ concert (MSG2). I'm really excited to be going. I've been driving my husband crazy since getting the tickets. I was one of the lucky few New Yorkers to get in on the pre-sale. Definitely can't wait until June!
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    been a while since i've pogoed and i'm really in the mood.

i'm doing a number of shows on this run and it couldn't be at a better time for me. i really just wanna let go an rock out.

can't wait to be on the road.

see you guys out there.
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i feel you! i've been watching non-stop dvd boots of all random shows the past few days in my spare time. each one just gets me more pumped. i just remember my '06 experience and i just get chills. i cannot fucking wait. 3 shows baby. god bless this band and everything they stand for.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    I'm going to 8 shows in June. It's going to be amazing. If PJ plans on doing some shows on the West Coast, I will definitely be a taking a trip out there, as well. You only live once, and since the band gives me so much pleasure, it's well worth it.

Ahhhh, but the waiting continues
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    I'm going to 8 shows in June. It's going to be amazing. If PJ plans on doing some shows on the West Coast, I will definitely be a taking a trip out there, as well. You only live once, and since the band gives me so much pleasure, it's well worth it.

Ahhhh, but the waiting continues

so i have to satisfy my curiosity ...

what are the top 3 shows you are most excited to see? (dont count more then 1 msg, mansfield, or camden)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    E-G-A-GE-G-A-G Posts: 228
    i feel you! i've been watching non-stop dvd boots of all random shows the past few days in my spare time. each one just gets me more pumped.

i have been tuned into the pj channel as well.
  • Options

what are the top 3 shows you are most excited to see? (dont count more then 1 msg, mansfield, or camden)

Well, to be honest, either MSG has to be #1, because I'm a NYer, and there's nothing like the Garden.

I'm not sure I can pick any others. I'm pretty much equally excited about all the rest, although the Mansfield ones might work out nicely, because my brother owns a house on Cape Cod. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay there after Hartford..
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options

Don't underestimate the Hartford show. I think you could very well see a Grand Rapids '06-type setlist at this show, not in length but in terms of gems not played in some time.
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'