woudlnt this be a realistic setlist for newark

pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
edited May 2010 in The Porch
hey pj i save you writing a setlist with a great idea of playing a song off each album in row off release?

setlist:
1. garden
2. dissident
3. not for you
4. present tense
5. do the evolution
6. rival
7. save you
8. marker in the sand
9. got some
10. even flow
11. i got shit
12. glorified g
13. whipping
14. habit
15. no way
16. grievance
17. 1/2 full
18. world wide suicide
19. the fixer

encore 1:
20. strangest tribe (acoustic)
21. footsteps (Acoustic),
22.down
23. alone
24. state of love and trust
25. alive

encore 2:
26. unknown thought
27. tremor christ
28. smile
29. black
30. porch
31. baba oreily

this isnt a crazy set to ask for is it? but i love the variety of albums, please do this pj it kind of bene done before do it again lol. alone isnt played much, footsteps and strangest tribe is hardly played ever, but besides that pj has played these songs in last year, that why i say this isnt a ridiculous type set to ask for is it? i love it :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    well they never hardly ever play no way, but its not too much to ask for 2 or 3 rare song is it been done before. no way not done much, but maybe they can way do it in newark? ;)
  • kevinstepkevinstep Posts: 28
    I'm still waiting for that ELECTRIC footsteps....BAHAHAHAH too many guitar changes. realistic
    Detroit Masonic Temple March 94 was my first show...Detroit Joe Louis Arena 2014 was my 39th show...Saw both Maui 98 shows...and loved all the shows in between...this band rules. I like to give stuff away...remember my name for contest posts. CHEERS!!! Pearl Jam...It's like church, but better.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Nice! Would have to say down would be absent though because it is a sure thing for Boston the night before.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
    hey pj i save you writing a setlist with a great idea of playing a song off each album in row off release?

setlist:
    1. garden
    2. dissident
    3. not for you
    4. present tense
    5. do the evolution
    6. rival
    7. save you
    8. marker in the sand
    9. got some
    10. even flow
    11. i got shit
    12. glorified g
    13. whipping
    14. habit
    15. no way
    16. grievance
    17. 1/2 full
    18. world wide suicide
    19. the fixer

encore 1:
    20. strangest tribe (acoustic)
    21. footsteps (Acoustic),
    22.down
    23. alone
    24. state of love and trust
    25. alive

encore 2:
    26. unknown thought
    27. tremor christ
    28. smile
    29. black
    30. porch
    31. baba oreily

this isnt a crazy set to ask for is it? but i love the variety of albums, please do this pj it kind of bene done before do it again lol. alone isnt played much, footsteps and strangest tribe is hardly played ever, but besides that pj has played these songs in last year, that why i say this isnt a ridiculous type set to ask for is it? i love it :D

Well two things i find wrong with this set list (not really wrong but improbable) they usually would put an up beat song sooner than when DTE appears at #5. and also, more realistically, they'd play more than one Backspacer song. Unthought Known alone would not be enough.

Great set list otherwise, unfortunately it's only wishful thinking

EDIT: oops you have three Backspacer songs on there...my bad...sorry.
  • spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Pearl Jam will ROCK Brick City hard!!!! And Pete Townshend's birthday is the day before, so we may get a few WHO ... I'm hoping for The Real Me and Baba ... maybe even The Kids Are Alright ... either way what a warm up for MSG!!

And best of all is I change trains in Newark every night on my way home from work in NYC ... the Prudential is a short, and relatively safe walk (especially in numbers) from Newark Penn Station...if you want to get a cold one at Penn Station before the show I'll see you in the Blue Comet ... the funkiest sleaziest bar in Newark with a juke box that has the hardest core fucking rap music you will EVER hear ... like I said, there's safety in numbers...don't let me be the ONLY Pearl Jam fan there please!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha!! woo hoo!!!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I don't know why they have been ending some of their main sets with The Fixer. It's a horrible setlist end song and just a plain lazy song to begin with. "Lets sing about something, then sing the opposite thing so it's fixed!" Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    I think The Fixer fuckin' ROCKS .. the more I hear it, the more I HEAR it ... they can put that song anywhere they want to imho ... they should dedicate it to Mayor Booker ... the Brick City Fixer!!!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    why does everyone talk about 'realistic setlists'. This band can pull out anything at any show, thats why we go see them a hundred times each tour. Nothing suprises me anymore!