best setlists this tour?

pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
edited May 2010 in The Porch
ha ve not gone to no shows so far, but columbus, cleveland, and st louis look like the best sets, maybe with st louis getting the best one. what everoyne think best set is, i will saay st louis
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    coming soon...release date...30-6-2010
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380

europe doesnt count, if i cant drive there it doesnt exist :lol: because i dont have enough for expensive airfare
    i wish i go see them i n europe one day, i like how alot of europe shows are general admission, less bullshit buying tickets like with ticketmaster nad seating when its not 10c. wish pearl jam would do a 4 or 5 show dutch holland tour, if they do im so there. :lol:

amsterdam 2 nights
    rotterdam
    ultretch

and some other city ya do a 5 show tour in a little country :lol:

europe doesnt count, if i cant drive there it doesnt exist :lol: because i dont have enough for expensive airfare
    Europe count for the band and thats the important!!! :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Columbus first, Stl second. Everybody's raving about Cleveland's set. it was good, but not great. Wash opener and Indifference closer made it special, but in between it wasn't that unique or over-the-top super fantastic.
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    For my money....Columbus had far and away the best set list....Noblesville had a great one as well...I know, I know....I'm biased having attended both of those...but I feel like I can step back and look at the show with some form of objectivity....

I would say so far....

1. Columbus
    2. Kansas City
    3. Noblesville
    4. St. Louis
    5. Cleveland
    6. Jazz Fest

I feel like both the Buffalo and Bristol shows were very "ho-hum" as far as set lists go....just my view of the set lists those two seem to be the weakest of the tour so far....
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
    bump
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225
    There is still 5 shows to go lets see after those wich is best .. :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    16 shows left :)
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    Columbus first, Stl second. Everybody's raving about Cleveland's set. it was good, but not great. Wash opener and Indifference closer made it special, but in between it wasn't that unique or over-the-top super fantastic.

Just curious, were you at the Cleveland show?
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• pierj53pierj53 Posts: 301
    BMo-643 wrote:
    For my money....Columbus had far and away the best set list....Noblesville had a great one as well...I know, I know....I'm biased having attended both of those...but I feel like I can step back and look at the show with some form of objectivity....

I would say so far....

1. Columbus
    2. Kansas City
    3. Noblesville
    4. St. Louis
    5. Cleveland
    6. Jazz Fest

I feel like both the Buffalo and Bristol shows were very "ho-hum" as far as set lists go....just my view of the set lists those two seem to be the weakest of the tour so far....

Fatal being played for the first time since 2006 is the exact opposite of "ho-hum"....Throw in Lightyears and No way in that too. Problem is everyone is biased to the shows they attended

IMO Buffalo has the best single Encore of the tour in encore 1...Fatal, spin the black and RVM wow

Encore 1
    Just Breathe
    Fatal
    Last Kiss
    Spin The Black Circle
    Rearviewmirror
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,225

I stand corrected i thought it was only for this leg still it will be at one of the shows i'm attending ;)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I'd have to go with:
    1. Buffalo
    2. Columbus
    3. Cleveland

The only show I've been to so far was Cleveland and it was a great show, but 3 of my top 5 were played in Buffalo. And I've been wanting to hear No Way so bad!! Please play it in Boston!!

I stand corrected i thought it was only for this leg still it will be at one of the shows i'm attending ;)
    im sure late hours at 30th of june u will admit i was right.,.i can wait.. ;)
    27-Jun Nijmegen, Holland Goffertpark

is this a festival or their own show? didnt they play this venue last year? why again, how come no amsterdam date at paradisio or amsterdam arena or somethin, isnt nijmegen in the middle of nowhere? i have to think this is the best show cause of the good weed :lol:
    edited May 2010
    27-Jun Nijmegen, Holland Goffertpark

is this a festival or their own show? didnt they play this venue last year? why again, how come no amsterdam date at paradisio or amsterdam arena or somethin, isnt nijmegen in the middle of nowhere? i have to think this is the best show cause of the good weed :lol:
    Festival..Boom didnt have any problem last year at Rotterdam,and will not have any at Nijmegen!! ;)
    and as Ed said when Boom forgot to go on stage..."he isnt here right now,he is smoking something left from Rotterdam.. :lol:
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    The two Ohio shows are my favorite right now.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    The two Ohio shows are my favorite right now.

+1
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • Hugo ReyesHugo Reyes Posts: 244
    May 17, Boston
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bristow, VA is my fave show so far and just might be for the tour
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    pierj53 wrote:

Fatal being played for the first time since 2006 is the exact opposite of "ho-hum"
    one super rare, but not that good, song does not a selist make.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pierj53 wrote:
    BMo-643 wrote:

I would say so far....

1. Columbus
    2. Kansas City
    3. Noblesville
    4. St. Louis
    5. Cleveland
    6. Jazz Fest

Fatal being played for the first time since 2006 is the exact opposite of "ho-hum"....Throw in Lightyears and No way in that too. Problem is everyone is biased to the shows they attended

IMO Buffalo has the best single Encore of the tour in encore 1...Fatal, spin the black and RVM wow

Encore 1
    Just Breathe
    Fatal
    Last Kiss
    Spin The Black Circle
    Rearviewmirror

Hearing Fatal is huge and its one of my favorite songs....but I agree with Imalive in the sense that one or two songs doesnt make a concert the best one.... to me that set list is very "ho-hum" ... but to each his own...
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    No setlist stands out as the definitive favorite, as they all have their "rares".

If I'm gonna pick one, it's gotta be St Louis. Song for song I think it's the most interesting.
  • Cob wrote:
    Columbus first, Stl second. Everybody's raving about Cleveland's set. it was good, but not great. Wash opener and Indifference closer made it special, but in between it wasn't that unique or over-the-top super fantastic.

Just curious, were you at the Cleveland show?

yes, i was at c-bus, Indy, and cleveland. cleveland wasn't a stellar night. the setlist was really good, but my least favorite of the three. crowd was the worst i've ever seen at a PJ show
    DewieCox wrote:
    No setlist stands out as the definitive favorite, as they all have their "rares".

If I'm gonna pick one, it's gotta be St Louis. Song for song I think it's the most interesting.
    ya out of all the shows wish i had been in st louis one the most. only going to newark ny city shows this tour

wish pearl jam would play more west coast shows like phoenix or vegas or more la san diego stuff. they are from seattle for fuck shake, what with all the east coast tours, guess they have bigger fan base out east, but alot of people live in cali, hard to believe they couldnt do an all west coast tour. that be nice

seattle
    missoula
    denver
    las vegas
    la 2 times
    san diego
    san fran
    phoenix

that a real tour with better city than the east ha. ny city every year got to stop :lol: lucky me im in the east coast this time though. missed the 98 tour when i was out west
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    metsfan wrote:
    Bristow, VA is my fave show so far and just might be for the tour

Man, i HOPE your wrong. I still have 4 shows left to see, and i hope to get a better setlist then the one at Bristow. Oh yea: i was at the Bristow show. I think i 'll wait untill the US leg of the tour is done , to say what i think is the best setlist.