First time in NYC

beerwellbeerwell Posts: 7
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hi all,

First time poster. I am coming up from Atlanta to NYC next week for the shows. I had to renew my license today and was given a temporary paper license. It is a valid government issued license and has my picture but it is not lamented. It is just printed on paper with a watermark. Will I have any issues with it picking up my 10 club tickets or at the bars? Anybody work at a bar in NYC and know if it would be an issue?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    since its issued by the dmv i dont think anywhere could really turn you down its hard to say cause some places will be dicks about it..the ticket pickup definitely shouldnt be a problem
  • ActionJackActionJack Posts: 137
    got a passport?

I enjoy skinny-skiing, going to bullfights on acid...

• ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Yeah, you won't have problems at the 10c windows... I pick up with my Australian licence. It's official ID, you shouldn't have a problem, just maybe stay away from the College bars... but that goes without saying :lol:
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • beerwellbeerwell Posts: 7
    ActionJack wrote:
    got a passport?

No passport. I do have credit cards, health insurance card, etc. but nothing else with my picture. I could bring a birth certificate or SS card as backup. I figured tickets wouldn't be a problem, just a little worried about the bars.
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    my first time in nyc too :) as long as you have a picture id to accompany your paper you should be cool. if you don't, i have no idea what to tell ya buddy
    keep on rockin' in the free world.