vibe at shows- early and now

ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
edited May 2010 in The Porch
My first show, sadly and in retrospect stupidly, wasn't till 2003. The old timers I've met along the way have remarked on how different the shows were in the early to mid 90s, how angry, and I read stuff on the boards every now and where someone says how they miss the "intensity" and "passion" of the shows from the early years.

Personally I don't know how anything could be more intense than some of the shows I've seen since 2003-- for me I don't think anything could be, I'd explode!-- but I can imagine that the intensity might have had a different quality.

In my experience it's been so wonderful that the vibe at the shows I've been to (coming up on #14, I think) has been so positive. That was unexpected. Not that I expected negative, but I didn't expect this band to create this incredibly intense atmosphere of what I can only describe as an abundance of joy and love. And appreciation, and inspiration, and hope, and community... Maybe this all says more about me and where I'm coming from these days than it does about the band, but if you share this feeling at all about what the shows are like now, can you comment on whether that unbelievable positive vibe was there somehow even in the angrier times, or did it develop along with the growth and maturation of the band (and the fans)?