Postive PJ article :)

emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Nice! Thanks for posting that.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    NIce article---thx.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • emily6371emily6371 Posts: 202
    I thought it was worth sharing :D
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    emily6371 wrote:
    But....I thought they were MY guys!! ;):D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    emily6371 wrote:
    But....I thought they were MY guys!! ;):D

I suppose I'm willing to share :)
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    nice to read something from someone who "gets it".

thanks for posting.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:

thanks for posting.

I know right? Something that's actually published ;)
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Great read thanks for sharing!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • BravejamriotBravejamriot Posts: 217
    It just hit me that I am going to a show in 2 DAYS!!!! :mrgreen:
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    A comment from the article:
    "I also love their commitment, financially, to the fans. Even most 'true' fans can't afford the $70 the band fought so hard to avoid in the 90s...but as long as they put on a good show, that's all that ... "
    Yea, bargain...do some research on Pearl Jam's fight with Ticketmaster...hey look, they also have an exclusive deal with Target (the department store chain).
    When you see what the band fought against, and what the ticket prices are now, yea, it's super-hypocritical...
    And as long as someone on earth says '$70 is a bargain', bands will keep charging AT LEAST that much and more to see them...
    Nice to see in times of recession, these bands still living the high-life....
    Posted by: BuzzKillington on May 11,2010 at 10:12 am "

Not sure how I feel about this comment. I don't agree with the "Buzzkillington", but it was a little disappointing to hear about the Target deal. All in all, in no way do I feel the band should be criticized for what they are doing/have done with their albums and concerts. $70 might be a little much, but if you think about it that is the average amount of a monthly cable bill. I'd rather have an amazing night at a show than pay $70 bucks to watch TV (I pay $5 a month for basic cable - ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, and FOX).

I think Pearl Jam always has its fans' interests at heart; unfortunately, their moves represent a sign of the times. I would love to see PJ attempt to find another way to sell tickets. Maybe they will pull a Radiohead and release their next album for free. Who knows? But, in no way should they feel obligated to.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    the wolf wrote:

thanks for posting.

that's exactly what I said in my email to the friends I forwarded the article to :D
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Will people please stop moaning about the Target deal.

There was always a 'deal', there has to be. Before it was with Sony, a record company. Target was one step closer to being completely independent.