robin hood...

catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
... gladiator in sherwood forest. :lol:

seeing it this morning. thank fuck its not in 3D.
hear my name
take a good look
this could be the day
hold my hand
lie beside me
i just need to say
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    If I'm not mistaken, the beginning of Gladiator took place in a forest. So really this movie is/was completely redundant.

Also, it looks like Braveheart in the woods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT-MmyEIr6E
    YOIKES! and away.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited May 2010
    I am from Nottingham ... friends who have seen it are not impressed by his accent ... apparently it's closest (not close :P) to a Yorkshire accent ... may give this one a miss. Not just because of that :roll: ... not a Russell Crowe fan :shifty:

But will await cate's review ;)
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I guy I work with was an extra in this film. They also needed him for his pigeons (he has those trained ones).

He said Crowe was a prick.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Robin Hood: Prince of Pearl Jam Bootlegs. Staring Eddie Vedder as Robin Hood, Stone Gossard as the Sheriff of Nottingham, and Ben Harper as Azeem.
    Coming soon to a theater near you.
    Rated M 15+.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    chime wrote:
    I am from Nottingham ... friends who have seen it are not impressed by his accent ... apparently it's closest (not close :P) to a Yorkshire accent ... may give this one a miss. Not just because of that :roll: ... not a Russell Crowe fan :shifty:

oh gosh chime dont rely on what i think.

im a huge crowe and blanchett fan. and im a fan of the legend of robin hood so this was a no brainer for me.

i thought the premise was an interesting one with brian helgeland going for a 'before' the legend script.

the scene with the invading french looked like the normandy invasion.

i liked it. simple as that.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    redrock wrote:
    I guy I work with was an extra in this film. They also needed him for his pigeons (he has those trained ones).

then hes lucky russ didnt chuck a phone at him. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    chime wrote:

Was mad here, in the corner house there was a robin hood poster every 4mm inside, i have that image of Russel Crowe with the bow n arrow embedded into my mind. Was also loads of TV stuff and fancy VIPs (I was in there seeing iron man 2) but really want to see this. Shall go next Wednesday for orange Wednesday as i'm too much of a cheapo :P
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Robin Hood: Prince of Pearl Jam Bootlegs. Staring Eddie Vedder as Robin Hood, Stone Gossard as the Sheriff of Nottingham, and Ben Harper as Azeem.
    Rated M 15+.
    Would boom be little john?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I was actually going to post a question as to why people like Russel Crowe, then I saw this thread.

The movie looks interesting, but I just can't bring myself to watch this guy or know that a single penny of my money is going into his pocket. The weird thing is, I don't really know why... I just simply do not like him. He makes me cringe.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I was actually going to post a question as to why people like Russel Crowe, then I saw this thread.

The movie looks interesting, but I just can't bring myself to watch this guy or know that a single penny of my money is going into his pocket. The weird thing is, I don't really know why... I just simply do not like him. He makes me cringe.
    Gladiator
    A Beautiful Mind
    Cinderella Man
    American Gangster
    State of Play

are a few reasons you should possibly like him. Not sure if I'll rush to see Robin Hood. Hopefully it won't have any ridiculous lines like the Costner version. "We have to get to Nottingham by nightfall" Yeh sure, 210 miles by foot or horse. Good research guys.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    nuffingman wrote:

Gladiator
    A Beautiful Mind
    Cinderella Man
    American Gangster
    State of Play

are a few reasons you should possibly like him. Not sure if I'll rush to see Robin Hood. Hopefully it won't have any ridiculous lines like the Costner version. "We have to get to Nottingham by nightfall" Yeh sure, 210 miles by foot or horse. Good research guys.

yeah, some of those are great movies. But I guess it is his real-life reputation that I find appalling. But I try to keep an open mind and tell myself that the stories are hearsay...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    nuffingman wrote:

Gladiator
    A Beautiful Mind
    Cinderella Man
    American Gangster
    State of Play

yeah, some of those are great movies. But I guess it is his real-life reputation that I find appalling. But I try to keep an open mind and tell myself that the stories are hearsay...
    Yeh true, but I bet it's fun going out for a beer with him. If you like police cells that is. :lol:
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Posts: 1,179
    nuffingman wrote:

Gladiator
    A Beautiful Mind
    Cinderella Man
    American Gangster
    State of Play

Don't leave LA Confidential off of that list of reasons to like Crowe.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    redrock wrote:

I've heard that in the past and I believe it.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    From the previews I don't get how this movie could possibly be rated PG-13. Wish it was R.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    nuffingman wrote:

Gladiator
    A Beautiful Mind
    Cinderella Man
    American Gangster
    State of Play

And "The Insider". He was great in that too.

I'm looking forward to seeing Robin Hood this weekend. Even if it's Gladiator in England, that's fine by me :D
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Why is there ANOTHER Robin Hood movie - seems like there just was one. The story's kind of been done to death.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited May 2010
    Does anyone really care wether or not a particular actor is a prick? Do we have to deal with them in person? Who cares.

I'd be a prick too if I was Russell Crowe, so eat me! :lol:
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
    JaneNY wrote:
    Why is there ANOTHER Robin Hood movie - seems like there just was one. The story's kind of been done to death.

this is the story of BEFORE the legend was born. so its not really just another robin hood film.

doesnt seem to have been many women around in those days. there was marion of course, king johns frnnch wife, the kings' mother elanor aquitaine, and a few bawdy wenches. oh and a desperate mother who asks robin whilst hes under the guise of being robert loxley to tell her wayward son to pleaes come home. hes off in the greenwood with the other imps(shades of peter pans lost boys).

max von sydow was in it too.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

if you were russell crowe i would. ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JDBJDB Posts: 277
    nuffingman wrote:

Gladiator
    A Beautiful Mind
    Cinderella Man
    American Gangster
    State of Play

Also Proof is really good with Crowe and Hugo Weaving ( it's an Aussie film), Master and Commander is good and finally the film where Crowe made his name Romper Stomper ( real intense film and probably Crowes best performance).

if you were russell crowe i would. ;):lol:
    What she said :mrgreen:

Yes Romper Stomper is very intense, great performance in that. Watching Master and Commander on AMC right now as a matter of fact....been in a down mood and sick with a cold so some seafaring asskicking sounds about right. I'm hoping to be all better this weekend to see Robin Hood :)

Yes Romper Stomper is very intense, great performance in that. Watching Master and Commander on AMC right now as a matter of fact....been in a down mood and sick with a cold so some seafaring asskicking sounds about right. I'm hoping to be all better this weekend to see Robin Hood :)

have you seen him in the sum of us?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Yes, that's a sweet movie. I've seen virtually all of his movies, bit of a Crowe geek :oops: heehee

Yes, that's a sweet movie. I've seen virtually all of his movies, bit of a Crowe geek :oops: heehee

he did a romance once.. i couldnt bring myself to see it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

Silver Brumby? I think I was drunk when I saw that, have no recollection of it lol

Silver Brumby? I think I was drunk when I saw that, have no recollection of it lol

no no not silver brumby. that one i didnt mind.

the one im thinking of is a fairly recent movie
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

no no not silver brumby. that one i didnt mind.

the one im thinking of is a fairly recent movie
    Ooooh the one in Italy? I didn't see that either, it looked routine
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    intodeep wrote:
    Rated M 15+.
    Would boom be little john?

Yes!!!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014