Great blog for baseball fans

Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay -- disclaimer first. This is my son's blog.

Okay -- second disclaimer. It's about the Orioles.

But it's really funny. It's called the Orioles-Fan Punishment Plan, and the gist of it is that he's whipping himself into shape with every Orioles loss. Every time the O's lose a game, he walks to work the next day -- a five mile walk. And he has different exercises that he does for every fielding error, etc. He came up with this idea before the season started -- didn't realize just how quickly he'd be doing it!

Here's the link to the first blog: http://theoriolesplan.blogspot.com/2010/03/mission.html

Enjoy!
You can't be neutral on a moving train.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    :lol:

"Next up: A word on my health going into this — with pictures. Be ye fairly warned, womenfolk."

9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    As a lifelong Cub fan, I empathize.

This is a creative angle on the season. Thanks for the link, I'll be reading it avidly.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    Great idea!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    oona left wrote:
    As a lifelong Cub fan, I empathize.

This is a creative angle on the season. Thanks for the link, I'll be reading it avidly.

You're welcome! I feel like a stage mom, but I've been geting a kick out of his blog, and wanted to share it.

We went to a Cubs game several years ago. Wrigley reminded me a lot of Camden Yards. I think Camden Yards must have been trying to capture that same feel. Both nice ball parks.
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Great idea!

Thank you! He's also writing about the music he's listening to while he walks those five miles into work. He is a PJ fan, so maybe he'll talk about them one of these days.
    iluvcats wrote:

"Next up: A word on my health going into this — with pictures. Be ye fairly warned, womenfolk."

I was speechless when I saw those pictures!
    Just to give my son some PJ cred (so that it makes sense that I'm posting his blog on this board), here's him playing lead guitar on Yellow Ledbetter at his high school Battle of the Bands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpwwirHN9k0

This was nine years ago, when he was a high school senior. I don't know what was up with that hat.

(Yes, I know -- I'm a shameless stage mother. I'm just very proud of him).
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    Just to give my son some PJ cred (so that it makes sense that I'm posting his blog on this board), here's him playing lead guitar on Yellow Ledbetter at his high school Battle of the Bands: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpwwirHN9k0

This was nine years ago, when he was a high school senior. I don't know what was up with that hat.

(Yes, I know -- I'm a shameless stage mother. I'm just very proud of him).

such a cool mom!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    bump

(so I'm a shameless mom -- can't help it!). :D
    those disclaimers are funny
    10/10 - Brad in B'more