Amongst The Waves Single - Starting to take off at radio!

vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
edited May 2010 in The Porch
2 adds at rock radio today.....Just starting to take off before the actual release date.

This song will be a monster summer hit! Mark my words.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    vedpunk wrote:
    2 adds at rock radio today.....Just starting to take off before the actual release date.

This song will be a monster summer hit! Mark my words.
    I really hope you're right. I love Amongst the Waves, but it has a bit of a cheese factor that might not fly.. we'll see.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 897
    The regular radio listening public LOVES cheese.
    vedpunk wrote:
    The regular radio listening public LOVES cheese.
    True.. The Fixer still gets heavy rotation where I'm at. Just Breathe was, but seemed to slip away recently.

Wow, almost a year later and The Fixer is still going strong. Who would have known!
  • hopefully it will fade fast so they will be more motivated to start a new album.
    MrSmith wrote:
    hopefully it will fade fast so they will be more motivated to start a new album.
    lol, do you really think the band pumps out albums based on the previous albums money success?

If that's the case, Vs. would have come out 10 years after Ten.
    Amongst The Waves = Commercial Appeal = More fans at concerts = Relevance
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    MrSmith wrote:
    hopefully it will fade fast so they will be more motivated to start a new album.

I wonder how many times you have posted about your dislike of the new album.
    Probably close to a thousand.
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    vedpunk wrote:
    I agree. I think this song has more potential than fixer and just breathe.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
    vedpunk wrote:
    Maybe they could start playing the south again! :lol:
  • MrSmith wrote:

I wonder how many times you have posted about your dislike of the new album.
    Probably close to a thousand.
    not the album. just this shitty song :)

and the Fixer.
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 494
    The one rock station here in South Florida hardly ever plays PJ. Haven't heard Just Breathe once. They actually get played more on the classic rock station (this makes me feel old, gotta admit). Hopefully if ATW is a big hit, it will force the station here to play it.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I'm gonna go listen to amongst the waves now.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,647
    I'm gonna go listen to amongst the waves now.

I'm gonna join you, on vinyl, I love that song almost as much as Unthought.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    didnt know this was going to be an official single...thats cool.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    MAY 17th People......Remember to request "Amongst The Waves" on your local radio station.

Link to "Available For Airplay" http://www.fmqb.com/modernrock.asp
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    it will be gone from radio soon. I've heard it played twice and it was annouced twice... you could virtually hear the djs rolling their eyes. And I can hear why. Poor, poor choice. PJ really needs an outside opinion making these kind of choices if they really want success on the radio.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    mr.pink wrote:
    it will be gone from radio soon. I've heard it played twice and it was annouced twice... you could virtually hear the djs rolling their eyes. And I can hear why. Poor, poor choice. PJ really needs an outside opinion making these kind of choices if they really want success on the radio.
    That maybe, but I still think its the best and last choice on the album for a single.. Unthought Known has no chorus or hook. Force of Nature is so bland.. Maybe Johnny Guitar, but I doubt it would go anywhere.. Don't trust the opinion of a few DJs. Thats not a good way to predict success.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    Is this official? I looked up on wiki and they say nothing about another single after Just Breathe. I love the song so hoping it is the next single.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC