Couple Falls In Love at Suicide Spot

Comments

• yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Wow :| I'm guessing none of you have ever felt suicidal or had to live with depression? :roll:
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    edited May 2010
    Wow :| I'm guessing none of you have ever felt suicidal or had to live with depression? :roll:

Ya pretty typical of the Pearl Jam message board now a days for the folks on here to have no heart about anything or anyone. Make fun of everyone and cry about seat location at shows. That's why so many have got as far away from this board as possible I think.

Sounds like finding one another will bring good things for the two of them. I'm sure in a few years if you asked them they will say It's A Wonderful Life.

;)
    Post edited by Blah on
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Where I can feel like I
    Have a soul that has been saved
    Where I can feel like I've
    Put away my early grave

That immediately came to my mind...
    How wonderful to have found someone, even in the most obscure circumstances.
    Of course its sad and no one is sure of what the future holds, but at least they can possibly find comfort in knowing that their lover understands their affliction- what could be more important?
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Beach Bum wrote:

Ya pretty typical of the Pearl Jam message board now a days for the folks on here to have no heart about anything or anyone. Make fun of everyone and cry about seat location at shows. That's why so many have got as far away from this board as possible I think.

Sounds like finding one another will bring good things for the two of them. I'm sure in a few years if you asked them they will say It's A Wonderful Life.

;)
    I agree :) At a time where they felt so helpless that they were willing to KILL THEMSELVES, they managed to be at the same spot at the same time, knowing that ONE SECOND could make all the difference, they managed to find each other...I think it's just damn nice they have found a reason to live.

Good on them. :)
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    so when i read this earlier at work i felt there was a song there right from the start.

by the time i got home, i had 75% of the lyrics in my head. picked up my guitar and finished it within 20 minutes.

I hope things work out for these two.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

not until i read your post.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Nice story.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Nice story.
    i agree.
    it is a nice story.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    criticism.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    criticism.jpg

:thumbup:
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,472
    dunkman wrote:

not until i read your post.
    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152

Give us a break. The people are supposedly fine now. Sometimes you just gotta laugh at the horrible stuff in live- whether it be about yourself or someone else. Plenty of things are depressing but being so serious may only make them worse.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Give us a break. The people are supposedly fine now. Sometimes you just gotta laugh at the horrible stuff in live- whether it be about yourself or someone else. Plenty of things are depressing but being so serious may only make them worse.

Hell, if I couldn't laugh at all the horrible shit in the world, I'd just start crying and never stop. So, I'll keep making jokes for the time being.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I'm a romantic - I can only hope it works out for the both of them. At least they should give it a try !!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    eyedclaar wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Hell, if I couldn't laugh at all the horrible shit in the world, I'd just start crying and never stop. So, I'll keep making jokes for the time being.

seriously!
    :mrgreen:

and omg, that comic above...it's so wrong it's priceless!
    needless to say, i did LOL for that one, and forwarded it to mr.dream. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I agree. Laughter is the best medicine... Just don't overdose on it. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    edited May 2010
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I suspect they will play russian roulette at the bachelor and bachelorette parties.
    this is too much

THE LACK OF COMPASSION.
    THE IGNORANCE OF MAKING FUN OF ILL PEOPLE.
    THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS FULL OF MEAN SPIRITED PEOPLE WHO NEVER SUFFER THE SAME HELL THAT THESE POOR PATHETIC PEOPLE DID.

What is the point of a band that sings of good and many of the fans on this message pit are cynical and cruel. It sickens me.

Go ahead and come back with some type of clever line because inthe end that stupid comment just shows you are as fucked up as anyone for making fun of suicide and compassion and empathy are words you don't know unless you look them up in dictionary. :cry:

The stigma of mental lives on in the ignorant.
    Post edited by BhagavadGita on
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    it is beautiful though, them finding love with each other .
    I can't really think this is 'love'. It's some kind of safety rope for the both of them. Rebound in a way, some illusion to hang on to. Once one of them is in a better place, this 'love' will be revealed for what it really is and I don't have much hope for this relationship to continue - baby or not.
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    it is beautiful though, them finding love with each other .
    I can't really think this is 'love'. It's some kind of safety rope for the both of them. Rebound in a way, some illusion to hang on to. Once one of them is in a better place, this 'love' will be revealed for what it really is and I don't have much hope for this relationship to continue - baby or not.

i know... it's a technique called "rule of three". I don't really think it's beautiful and nor do i think they have found love with each other... but i had to pretend just so i could use the 'set-up' for the punchline which was the burning house with a dog in it...

:ugeek:

but I agree.. it's akin to those people who 'find' Jeebus when they are sitting in a puddle of their own piss, eating a raw seagull and the last time they washed was for a funeral of one of their drinking pals. :thumbup:
    dunkman wrote:
    I don't really think it's beautiful and nor do i think they have found love with each other... but i had to pretend just so i could use the 'set-up' for the punchline which was the burning house with a dog in it...

I should have known better :lol:
    redrock wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    I don't really think it's beautiful and nor do i think they have found love with each other... but i had to pretend just so i could use the 'set-up' for the punchline which was the burning house with a dog in it...

I should have known better :lol:

laugh. its your who are the object of not laughter but pity . Sorry your so unhappy. Ingnorance I can forgive. :idea:
    laugh. its your who are the object of not laughter but pity . Sorry your so unhappy. Ingnorance I can forgive. :idea:

:?: :?: :?:

I'm laughing at Dunk. Am I not allowed? It's my.... what that is the object of pity? I'm happy, Dunk is happy.. are you? Taking things a bit personally, it would seem. The weight of the world does not rest on your shoulders - lighten up.

I made quite a valid point in this discussion.
    redrock wrote:

:?: :?: :?:

I'm laughing at Dunk. Am I not allowed? It's my.... what that is the object of pity? I'm happy, Dunk is happy.. are you? Taking things a bit personally, it would seem. The weight of the world does not rest on your shoulders - lighten up.

I made quite a valid point in this discussion.

violent language against other suffering beings is no laughing matter. sarcasim is the definition of cutting flesh. are you that kind of individual who cares nothing about soemone who has gone thru same thing. its a mad mad world.
    violent language against other suffering beings is no laughing matter. sarcasim is the definition of cutting flesh. are you that kind of individual who cares nothing about soemone who has gone thru same thing. its a mad mad world.

Violent language? :roll:

Because I don't find this 'love' beautiful or even believe it is love I don't care? You will read (and try to understand) my post and see where I come from. Yep, it's a mad world. Not all is rosy - let's be real. And believe me, I know and understand trauma. That's why I see this as it is and not in a hippy, lovey dovey way.

You think it's beautiful and romantic, others see it differently. Let it rest here.
    the fight against the stigma of mental issness is tragic.

its a not subject to be buried. mental illness affects us all. we are connected. that what happens to your neighbor will eventually happen to you.

I will not rest. I wll not stop fighting for change.... for good and the more you belittle MY feelingz shows thtat mand is bsiclly violent in speak....bacially bad at heart... as all cynical unhapy people... are all fellow humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPqxNzhyp7w

:(

its a not subject to be buried. mental illness affects us all. we are connected. that what happens to your neighbor will eventually happen to you.

I will not rest. I wll not stop fighting for change.... for good and the more you belittle MY feelingz shows thtat mand is bsiclly violent in speak....bacially bad at heart... as all cynical unhapy people... are all fellow humans.

i have no idea what that means. :oops:
    dunkman wrote:

i have no idea what that means. :oops:

And I will not laugh at you.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    The following is an excerpt of things I take too seriously:

_
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    The following is an excerpt of things I take too seriously:

_

I am so offended!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★