Mike's unmarked 4x12 Cab

undercoolundercool Posts: 5
edited May 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
As seen pictured in Cleveland a few days ago- Anyone know what this 4x12 is? Looks deeper than a Marshall cab, has no label/markings, and has a steel grill on it.

AMAZING show, btw. Leash, Smile, Indifference, Wash... the list went on and on. Took my brother for his first show ever. He's hooked.

MIKES-NEW-4x12.jpg
MIKES-NEW-4x12-2.jpg
...oh when I was a kid, how magic it seemed...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I don't think it's a Marshall. It might be a mesa. Reminds me of a crate or peavey but I don't think any of the guys use those. Where the nameplate would go is HUGE and reminds me of the Ashdown logo but I doubt it's that, either.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    It looks like a Marshall cab to me... I dunno.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,971
    I have zero idea (not a musician)...................but what comes out sure is good! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,171
    i'm about 98% certain that is an old marshall cab. i remember when i was first starting out in the early 90's my local guitar store had marshall cabs with metal grills on them. they were larger than the regualr 4x12 1960 cabs. i remember when i went to buy my first proper cabinet in 1997 i wanted one of those cabs because i did not want normal grillecloth tearing on me lol...i knew noting about different speaker characteristics..i went back to that store and they said those cabs were discontinued. for what its worth, marshall is now making dave mustaine signature cabs with metal grilles like that....they sound great, but metal is not my style so much anymore..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • It's a marshal.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • undercoolundercool Posts: 5
    posted over at TGP and also got some pretty definitive "Marshall" confirmations.
    I've never seen one with the metal grille (may be a retrofit), and also looks deeper than standard 1960.
    Anyway, mystery solved. Thanks!
    ...oh when I was a kid, how magic it seemed...