Just bewildered and a little nervous

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited May 2010 in The Porch
At last night's show (Buffalo) I could swear that Eddie lit something on fire. Did anyone see this? The guy I was sitting with tossed his sneaker to Eddie and I could swear that Eddie lit some alcohol on fire when it was in the shoe. Maybe it was a flicker of light or some flashes that fooled me. I was pretty fixated on it because it contained the letter for James Ruggierio that we put in there. I had alot to drink (alot for me is 4 or 5 beers) so I don't think I was overly drunk but I definately couldn't drive. There were some people passing around extasy and I am hoping something didn't get put in my drink. I am going to the store tomorrow to get one of those over the counter drug tests to see if I'm positive. I don't do illegal drugs so if it's positive it definately came from the concert. Thanks for any responses.

David
64xxx
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• if you took an 'e' my friend, you'd know !! :lol: especially if it was your first time taking one. ;)

you feel any fry ? :P
    ...Pearl Jam, a group filled with pride, passion, and intricate musicianship. Their music is full of subtle textures, rich color, soul-searching power, imagery, and eerie dissonance.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,903
    DS1119 wrote:
    At last night's show (Buffalo) I could swear that Eddie lit something on fire. Did anyone see this? The guy I was sitting with tossed his sneaker to Eddie and I could swear that Eddie lit some alcohol on fire when it was in the shoe. Maybe it was a flicker of light or some flashes that fooled me. I was pretty fixated on it because it contained the letter for James Ruggierio that we put in there. I had alot to drink (alot for me is 4 or 5 beers) so I don't think I was overly drunk but I definately couldn't drive. There were some people passing around extasy and I am hoping something didn't get put in my drink. I am going to the store tomorrow to get one of those over the counter drug tests to see if I'm positive. I don't do illegal drugs so if it's positive it definately came from the concert. Thanks for any responses.

David
    64xxx

Ed filled the shoe your seatmate threw up with a little bit of the "wine" (Gatorade) from his bottle, then proceeded to carry through the motions of drinking from the shoe. as the Gatorade hit his mouth, he instantly spat it all out and you saw what appeared to you as "fire breathing" Ed.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 575
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Why did the guy toss his sneaker?
    :?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

I gave him a free ticket to MSG 2 if he could get a letter from a fellow Ten Clubber into Eddie's hands. He succeeded. Cost me a ticket but I hope this will come true for this guy. Here is his original post

Can someone get this on stage at Buffalo, VA, or Hartford?!
    by ruggs1996 » 10 May 2010 15:45

Okay. For all those who have low numbers or great tix where they could throw something on stage this is for you. Thanks it means so much to me if you could do this. Basically I am going to Newark, MSG1, and MSG 2. For Newark I am going with my dad and it's his first concert in a long time. Read this letter it explains it all.

Dear Ed, Stone, Mike, Matt, Jeff, and Boom,

I am sending you this message because I need a favor. This year I am going to Hartford and MSG x2. I am from New Jersey and I am only 14 so these are the only shows that are convenient for me. They will be my #4,5, and 6 PJ shows. For Hartford, my dad is taking me and we are going for the weekend. He can't go to MSG because MSG is really to crowded and big when in Hartford we can find isolated seats by the stage. You are probably wondering, "Why can't this guy go to MSG?"
    I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Well basically my dad has been fighting a battle that has been going on since the year (1995) before I was born which is 1996. In 1995, he was diagnosed with Leukemia. After 3 years of treatment, he finally got rid of it. This came out of nowhere and had a bad effect on my dad, his new twins, and his wife. Before he knew it a couple of months later, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Luckily, the cancer only stayed in his testicles instead of going to his brain, stomach, and heart. If it had done that there was a really large chance he could have died. Lance Armstrong had this cancer also and it went to his organs unlike my dad. I strongly advise reading his book. It's very inspiring. Anyway the only way to get rid of this cancer was to radiate the infected testicle and have it removed. So this is what my dad had done. This took 2 years.
    Then in 2000, my dad was then diagnosed with Lymphoma. This was caused by the radiation to get rid of testicular cancer. Meanwhile, the doctors never told him Lymphoma could be caused by the radiation but later he found out of this truth. So for 5 years he went to NYU getting every kind of treatment there is. In 2004, he couldn't work anymore. After these difficult years, things got worse and better and worse and better. Finally,
    doctors at NYU said that they know how they are going to end this. They said my dad should get a bone marrow transplant because all the other "solutions" to kill the disease had failed.
    To get this bone marrow transplant my dad had to go to Hackensack University which is in Hackensack, NJ. It is an hour away from our house. So in the late winter of 2006 my dad started to visit doctors in Hackensack and started to be observed. He stayed there for different periods of time. At this time I was 9 and because of this new "thing dad had to do" I became "dramatized" and began to listen to PJ.
    In the bone marrow transplant, my dad needed new blood because all the cancer cells were in his blood. In order to do the transplant, my dad needed the same type of blood, one that would match his. Luckily, out of my dad's 3 brothers one was a match. To keep a long story short, my dad got the transplant in August of '06 and it was a success. The downturn of it was that my dad's blood was recognizing the new blood coming in wasn't his and it rejected it. Because of the rejection, my dad's immune system became as low as possible, his eyes became extremely dry and irritated, and he suffered from Graph vs. Host disease (GVHD). In GVHD, the skin becomes puffy and purple and affects the immune system.
    In order to fix this, my dad went for this special treatment. This started in 2008. He went for 300 and something treatments in a year. He went everyday for one treatment. I am so happy to say he is doing great now and only goes to the hospital once a month to get a checkup but he still has to be a little careful. He looks great and without your music there is no way I would have dealt with this. \
    Throughout this process, my dad has stayed so optimistic and it is just amazing how much he loves life. I cannot describe it in words. I see him when he talks to other patients and he brings life to them. Like I said I can't describe it. All his life he really gets through things and is self made. Now he trades stock. He got me into rock n' roll and he supports me for whatever I do.
    I feel through these years I never really showed him with something spectacular that I was thankful for everything he does for me and that I am proud of what he's gone through. So the favor I need from you guys is if you could acknowledge him for me at the Newark show and dedicate Alive to him. It would mean so much to me and to him. It could just take a second. I would be so honored and grateful if my favorite band did this for my hero, my dad. I also know this is big but is there anyway we could get amazing seats like in the first row?? THis is a long shot I know. My dad is not as big as a PJ fan as me but he loves Ten (especially Alive) and I know he'll enjoy the show that you guys make so amazing. His name is Jack Ruggiero and he is such an inspiration to me. So if you could make this happen it would be so great. Thanks so much. Good luck with the tour.

-James

So I am wondering is there anyway you can help me by printing the letter, putting it in an envelope, and throw it on stage since you have awesome seats. I sent it to 10c administrators but they probably won't get it to the band. Please. This is my only chance. Thanks and if you could do this you would make someone's day and life special.

Thanks,

James

P.S. Please those who think this is stupid don't bash this. Everyone please give me some bumps. Thanks everyone!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    DS1119 wrote:

]I gave him a free ticket to MSG 2 if he could get a letter from a fellow Ten Clubber into Eddie's hands. He succeeded. Cost me a ticket but I hope this will come true for this guy. Here is his original post

Okay. For all those who have low numbers or great tix where they could throw something on stage this is for you. Thanks it means so much to me if you could do this. Basically I am going to Newark, MSG1, and MSG 2. For Newark I am going with my dad and it's his first concert in a long time. Read this letter it explains it all.

I am sending you this message because I need a favor. This year I am going to Hartford and MSG x2. I am from New Jersey and I am only 14 so these are the only shows that are convenient for me. They will be my #4,5, and 6 PJ shows. For Hartford, my dad is taking me and we are going for the weekend. He can't go to MSG because MSG is really to crowded and big when in Hartford we can find isolated seats by the stage. You are probably wondering, "Why can't this guy go to MSG?"
    I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Well basically my dad has been fighting a battle that has been going on since the year (1995) before I was born which is 1996. In 1995, he was diagnosed with Leukemia. After 3 years of treatment, he finally got rid of it. This came out of nowhere and had a bad effect on my dad, his new twins, and his wife. Before he knew it a couple of months later, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Luckily, the cancer only stayed in his testicles instead of going to his brain, stomach, and heart. If it had done that there was a really large chance he could have died. Lance Armstrong had this cancer also and it went to his organs unlike my dad. I strongly advise reading his book. It's very inspiring. Anyway the only way to get rid of this cancer was to radiate the infected testicle and have it removed. So this is what my dad had done. This took 2 years.
    Then in 2000, my dad was then diagnosed with Lymphoma. This was caused by the radiation to get rid of testicular cancer. Meanwhile, the doctors never told him Lymphoma could be caused by the radiation but later he found out of this truth. So for 5 years he went to NYU getting every kind of treatment there is. In 2004, he couldn't work anymore. After these difficult years, things got worse and better and worse and better. Finally,
    doctors at NYU said that they know how they are going to end this. They said my dad should get a bone marrow transplant because all the other "solutions" to kill the disease had failed.
    To get this bone marrow transplant my dad had to go to Hackensack University which is in Hackensack, NJ. It is an hour away from our house. So in the late winter of 2006 my dad started to visit doctors in Hackensack and started to be observed. He stayed there for different periods of time. At this time I was 9 and because of this new "thing dad had to do" I became "dramatized" and began to listen to PJ.
    In the bone marrow transplant, my dad needed new blood because all the cancer cells were in his blood. In order to do the transplant, my dad needed the same type of blood, one that would match his. Luckily, out of my dad's 3 brothers one was a match. To keep a long story short, my dad got the transplant in August of '06 and it was a success. The downturn of it was that my dad's blood was recognizing the new blood coming in wasn't his and it rejected it. Because of the rejection, my dad's immune system became as low as possible, his eyes became extremely dry and irritated, and he suffered from Graph vs. Host disease (GVHD). In GVHD, the skin becomes puffy and purple and affects the immune system.
    In order to fix this, my dad went for this special treatment. This started in 2008. He went for 300 and something treatments in a year. He went everyday for one treatment. I am so happy to say he is doing great now and only goes to the hospital once a month to get a checkup but he still has to be a little careful. He looks great and without your music there is no way I would have dealt with this. \
    Throughout this process, my dad has stayed so optimistic and it is just amazing how much he loves life. I cannot describe it in words. I see him when he talks to other patients and he brings life to them. Like I said I can't describe it. All his life he really gets through things and is self made. Now he trades stock. He got me into rock n' roll and he supports me for whatever I do.
    I feel through these years I never really showed him with something spectacular that I was thankful for everything he does for me and that I am proud of what he's gone through. So the favor I need from you guys is if you could acknowledge him for me at the Newark show and dedicate Alive to him. It would mean so much to me and to him. It could just take a second. I would be so honored and grateful if my favorite band did this for my hero, my dad. I also know this is big but is there anyway we could get amazing seats like in the first row?? THis is a long shot I know. My dad is not as big as a PJ fan as me but he loves Ten (especially Alive) and I know he'll enjoy the show that you guys make so amazing. His name is Jack Ruggiero and he is such an inspiration to me. So if you could make this happen it would be so great. Thanks so much. Good luck with the tour.

-James

So I am wondering is there anyway you can help me by printing the letter, putting it in an envelope, and throw it on stage since you have awesome seats. I sent it to 10c administrators but they probably won't get it to the band. Please. This is my only chance. Thanks and if you could do this you would make someone's day and life special.

Thanks,

James

P.S. Please those who think this is stupid don't bash this. Everyone please give me some bumps. Thanks everyone!

Wow, nice... I hope you are okay...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    DS1119 wrote:

]I gave him a free ticket to MSG 2 if he could get a letter from a fellow Ten Clubber into Eddie's hands. He succeeded. Cost me a ticket but I hope this will come true for this guy. Here is his original post

-James

Thanks,

James

Wow, nice... I hope you are okay...

So do I! I'm 36 so I'm on the older spectrum of the PJ fdamily, but I'm not old enough to be going batty yet!!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    100 Pacer wrote:
    "fire breathing" Ed.

:lol::lol::lol:

and good for you david for getting that kids letter up there :clap:

You were thinking right with me. I pretty much needed to check the bathroom for a jungle cat this morning.