Need Your Help Picking Guitar - Vote!

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Which Guitar should I keep. The white one is already mine, but a buddy gave me the other one to try out and will trade straight up for it. So I have to decide which one I want.

The white is a 1987 Charvette by Charvel. I've only had it since November and from what I can gather, these guitars are a bit of a laughing stock. It is complete however and in great shape. I installed the two new tone knobs along with the 5 way switch and two new pickups, one being a Dimarzio and the others are humbuckers I think. This is my first electric guitar I ever owned, so it is a little special. The neck is basswood and it is not very wide, apparently for easy noodling, as I think this was famous because Eddie Van Halen played these things in the 80's. This is an early one and is made of real wood, not plywood as they were later made from. The serial number is under 5,000. Fort Worth Texas Made. The Bridge is chipped a bit.

IMG_0433-1.jpg
IMG_0432-1.jpg

The other one is a Fender Squire body, with Tobacco Sunburst design. The neck is a Jackson and made of very nice maple and it a little wider. This guitar also sounds better for some reason, might be the neck. It is easier to play also. I don't know much about this one other than it is made up of two different guitar brands and that it looks pretty nice.

IMG_2135-1.jpg
IMG_2134-1.jpg

I don't know much about guitars, I have been playing off and on for a while, and can only play a little, but have a lot of fun doing it. Especially with looping and effects.

Anyways, VOTE. I can't decide.

IMG_2136-1.jpg
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments