Vs Reissue

martin gmartin g Posts: 105
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Been away for a while, any news?
London 29/05/00, Dublin 23/08/06, London 18/06/07, London 18/08/09, Manchester 21/06/12, EV London 30/07/12, Milton Keynes 11,07,2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    Looks like fall

mccready said they have been discussing it, there's an article around

one outtake they might put words to was called " Indian beetle"

at least there's hope
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    I don't understand what they are doing....It was widely reported at the time of the Ten reissue that:

"It is the first reissue in a planned re-release of Pearl Jam's entire catalogue that will lead up to the band's 20th anniversary in 2011. A Pearl Jam retrospective movie directed by Cameron Crowe is also planned to coincide with the anniversary"

Well this October is "officially" the band's 20th anniversary....I know Ten didn't come out until 1991 but still...

So what are they planning on doing, releasing one reissue a year? Releasing a bunch of them over the course of the next year and a half? Because I am way more pumped for V/S and Vitalogy than I was for Ten....
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    its all rumors and speculation. someone else said something about a Sony dude getting fired and the project is out of the picture....but who knows......but i figure every other band is/has doing it now, so why shouldnt they do it too?
  • flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    With the way the vinyl industry has been blowing up, I would be :o SHOCKED :o not to see re-presses in the near future...especially since Sony will want to cash in on PJ any way they can. As for the super box sets, I am sure the Ten SDE did well enough, if not, they can make less of them next time around...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    So speaking of Pearl Jam, when’s the next anniversary reissue coming out?
    Vs.? I wish I knew. [NOTE: PJ Central says they’re not sure yet, maybe fall, nothing definite yet.]

Were you please with how the Ten one came out?
    I was very pleased. I think there were four varieties of it? I thought the biggest one was certainly the coolest. Jeff and Eddie, who are really very much our archivists, they still have so much stuff lying around. And Ed took a lot of his own time to be meticulous and go over his notebooks and pictures and memories and ideas, as did Jeff, and I think they spent a lot of love and time doing that, honestly. On Vs., we were just talking about it yesterday backstage — apparently there are some outtakes that were pretty cool. One called, I think, “Indian Beetles” or something like that. Just old tunes from around that time that never made it onto Vs., that Ed had listened to and thought maybe we could throw some lyrics on a few things, and add that to it.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/05/07/pear ... nge-score/