Alternate Jeremy

thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
edited May 2010 in The Porch
So I was listening to PJ radio the other day and I happened upon this version of Jeremy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7wEwkiuG

Listening to it, the rhythm and style of this version of Jeremy seems to match much more what Pearl Jam was doing around 1995/96. As a fan of No Code and Merkinball, I instantly dug this version. Doing a quick search of YouTube, I could only find two times that they played this version of Jeremy, at Red Rocks and in Milwaukee. What do you guys think of it? Do you think PJ should play the alternate version of this song again?
Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    I dig it and it would be awesome to hear that version live...

I wouldn't say I like that version better though...Jeremy has turned into such a powerful and meaningful song because of its subject matter and the emotion that Ed typically puts into singing it, that to see a stripped down mellow version of it kinda takes away from it a little for me.
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    I was just thinking about it this very morning! I wish they'd bring it back.

I remember an interview from way back in which Jeff was lamenting the fact that they only tried it a few times and then went back to the original. From what I recall, both he and Ed dug the alternate version
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    yes its cool, already 100 threads on it :P including a petition one i believe 8-)