Thanks a heap 10C for Cleveland... and I really mean it!

smellrosesmellrose Posts: 72
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Cleveland was amazing! Thank you 10 Club for our great tix :mrgreen: The show was fantastically fabulous. I had such a great time hanging with some friends I haven't seen in a while, too. Band of horses really blew our socks of as well. You guys definitely have a new fan in me!

Now for some slight b****ing. To the guy next me who felt the need to hold is arm up in front of my view for half the show taking video with his cell phone, have some respect for the folks around you. You only blocked half my view of the stage, but I'm sure the people behind you would have appreciated not having most of their view blocked as well. And to your female companion, have some respect for people who were enjoying Band of Horses. You may not have been enjoying their set, but most of us were and did not appreciate listening to you gabbing at the top of your lungs through most of their set and yelling across the row to talk to your friends. We were really close, too, so I wouldn't be surprised of the band could hear her as well. If you're not enjoying the opening act, then take it out to the "lobby" and visit there.

Other than that, it was a fabulous night! Thanks again for the great tix and the most memorable performances from both PJ and B of H :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    i can't wait for the boots!!!!!!!!

you weren't the only one with phones blocking your view.
    if not the phones then hands and arms up and fists pumping.

At least that means the crowd is at least into the show and the band will be feeding on that energy !!
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Seems no matter what you do,
    ( not much we can do really )
    there are always concert amateurs
    and drunken hooples at PJ shows.
    Par for the course.

Glad you enjoyed your show, for the most part.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • smellrosesmellrose Posts: 72
    ski4 wrote:
    i can't wait for the boots!!!!!!!!

you weren't the only one with phones blocking your view.
    if not the phones then hands and arms up and fists pumping.

At least that means the crowd is at least into the show and the band will be feeding on that energy !!

I really don't mind when people are waving their arms in the air to the music, it just shows that they are feeling it. Also, they are not generally holding them completely still through entire songs so you can't even get a glimpse around them ;)
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Seems no matter what you do,
    ( not much we can do really )
    there are always concert amateurs
    and drunken hooples at PJ shows.
    Par for the course.

Glad you enjoyed your show, for the most part.

I hear ya, I've definitely had worse experiences...
    I also must make note, since we were on Stone's side, that he looked like he was having a heluva great time! He was rocking out like I haven't seen him do in quite a while :D
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    smellrose wrote:
    I also must make note, since we were on Stone's side, that he looked like he was having a heluva great time! He was rocking out like I haven't seen him do in quite a while :D
    Sounds like Stone is really feeling this tour. Every show I hear that he is just awesome.
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • tacettacet Posts: 323
    hey you! - for me first 10c time not on the floor (Cleveland) in 13+ years, different vibe but great seats! - stone was amazing - he BURNED THE HOUSE DOWN in Buffalo

I'm so with you on the opening bands - I always equate pj fans to people with a love and respect for music - I kind of figure if you're not there to listen then go somewhere else

and, don't get me wrong here - I started collecting 45s when I was 7 so I know a love of music bites early - but don't misconstrue your child listening to PJ at home to them being ready to go to a show - I think we're usually a particularly decent audience - but when I'm on the floor I get bumped and knocked and sometimes the beer is flying and my ears are ringing

I've got 4 and I'm certainly not judging anybody's parenting skills - but I'm pretty damn sure there are a lot of times (and I don't mean all the time, I'm sure there a little of mini-musicians of the future out there) when the kids are a prop for attention and I just find it sad

maybe the band's kids pop out to hear and song and see dad, ears protected and smiles on their faces, but they didn't stand in a long line to get in - they don't have a huge wait to go to the washroom - they're family and even with the best seats in the house they're not sitting there through an entire show, they're seeing what daddy does and then going off to bed

I can't see from the floor - can't imagine if I was 2 feet shorter - so maybe the next time you're contemplating taking your 6 year old to a show you should think out the experience through their eyes and their little legs and ears - the before, during and after
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Stone was definitly rocking out more in Cleveland then in Buffalo
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    smarchee wrote:

Preliminary reports are that you were as well.
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    was just listening to last set of boots from cleveland
    man stone had some fun that year too!!!!!!
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • tacettacet Posts: 323
    smarchee wrote:

he certainly had that hair a flyin' in Cleveland!
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    smarchee wrote:

Preliminary reports are that you were as well.

lol, I can neither confirm nor deny this report

next question
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    share10 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

he certainly had that hair a flyin' in Cleveland!

yes it was, very floppy-ish
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    share10 wrote:
    hey you! - for me first 10c time not on the floor (Cleveland) in 13+ years, different vibe but great seats! - stone was amazing - he BURNED THE HOUSE DOWN in Buffalo

Glad you guys had a rockin' good time in Buffalo!
    share10 wrote:
    I'm so with you on the opening bands - I always equate pj fans to people with a love and respect for music - I kind of figure if you're not there to listen then go somewhere else

I do too... that's why it saddens me when we're witness to such disrespect... especially in seats that are so close that you know the band is aware...
    share10 wrote:
    I've got 4 and I'm certainly not judging anybody's parenting skills - but I'm pretty damn sure there are a lot of times (and I don't mean all the time, I'm sure there a little of mini-musicians of the future out there) when the kids are a prop for attention and I just find it sad

it really is... I know, too, that it's not "all", but you know that it is some people's motivation... I agree that it's really not the best place for the little ones... we're packed in there like sardines and many a time I've had to dodge some elbows and flying beers!