Someone told me to be quiet

2»

Comments

• When we were in Seattle at Key Arena people were bitching at us to sit down. Good gawd, don't these people know they are at a rock concert? This isn't a freaking movie.
    It's an art to live with pain.. mix the light into gray.
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    haha i would have been kicked out at that rate. i sing, dance, basically rock the fuck out. i leave sweaty, hoarse, sore, and bruised. it's the energy of the show, man. take pictures, sing, dance, whatever makes you happy. it's your show as much as it is mine.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    but hearing that chorus of fans singing along is spine tingling! silly security! the security lads in auckland were pretty awesome. very awesome actually. super friendly and helpful.. particularly the fellow that handed the bear back to me after he took a tumble.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    I really don't worry about what everyone else is doing, just have fun.
    Too many concert etiquette threads here. Just let go, act a fool and have a blast
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • pbultimate wrote:
    I was 12 rows back, in an aisle. Guy in row 11 snuck up 3 girls to sit with him. Security seemed to leave once the first encore started. There were quite a few people running up the aisle to hang out in row 4-6 area. I started to stop people as it was pissing me off. I can't believe some of the words used towards me. Certainly won't repeat them here.

I can understand going up for a picture or 2, then heading back to your seats, but that wasn't happening.
    Kevin

Were you at a isle seat in row M by chance? More like M in C-bus, S in Indy and M in Cleveland?

If so I sat behind you all three nights. No I don't stalk I just notice people.

And as far as I was concerned there was no security at Cleveland after the first set.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    Yup, that was me. Hope I wasn't too tall for you. Don't look for me anymore though, I'm at home recovering from that stint. :)
    pbultimate wrote:
    I was 12 rows back, in an aisle. Guy in row 11 snuck up 3 girls to sit with him. Security seemed to leave once the first encore started. There were quite a few people running up the aisle to hang out in row 4-6 area. I started to stop people as it was pissing me off. I can't believe some of the words used towards me. Certainly won't repeat them here.

I can understand going up for a picture or 2, then heading back to your seats, but that wasn't happening.
    Kevin

Were you at a isle seat in row M by chance? More like M in C-bus, S in Indy and M in Cleveland?

And as far as I was concerned there was no security at Cleveland after the first set.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    edited May 2010
    NYCPearl wrote:
    He was the most annoying security guard I have ever seen. Before the concert he was telling us about how he worked at Chipotle, is a flight attendant, danced for Hannah Montana, Britney Spears, an the Jonas Brothers. When he told me to be quiet I ignored him and when he walked by I screamed in his ear.

I so would have done the same thing!! At Brissie these people behind me were passing comment on myself and my friends husband and our ...errm aquired singing style :lol: ...so I told her that when her boyfriend improved his personal hygiene and she stopped pushing her tits in my back, then I might sing a little quieter. This was towards the end of the night mind you and I had had an absolute gutful of his stench and her friggin boobs. :oops:
    will ad that I had sung myself silly and was down nearly no voice..........we're all there for a good time, and I planned to go home with no voice, so mission accomplished!
    Post edited by Franny on
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    NYCPearl wrote:
    When he told me to be quiet I ignored him and when he walked by I screamed in his ear.
    Oh! Good work :D

I too like doing this, mainly it's to people in front of me at concerts who obviously either a) have a problem with me being happy and singing or b) push in front of me whilst proceeding to back up and get in my way...I then start to yell REALLY loudly and aim for the ear. Clapping right next to their face sometimes helps make a point too.
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    AM61733 wrote:
    Nothing is worse than Cincinnati when it comes to security and the police. Nazis. Must be an Ohio thing.

Hartford begs to differ.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • doubledeedoubledee Posts: 23
    How can anyone be a fan and not want to sing along?! How does anyone sit at any rock concert? I stand the entire time and I sing to every song I know and i think it's great when I look left and right and see others singing along as well! Most memorable PJ concert was in Pittsburgh and Ed let the crowd sing the first two verses of Better Man. Yeah for bootlegs!
    " I am no man!"

Toledo 1996; Cleveland 1998; Columbus 2000; Cleveland 2003; Columbus 2003; Toledo 2004; Detroit 2006; Pittsburgh 2006; Columbus 2010; Cleveland 2010; Toronto 2011
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    The crowd at Jazz Fest was singing so loud during Alive that the security guard next to us - who already had earplugs in - had to cover his ears.

When the crowd is so loud that not even earplugs help, you're doing something right :-)
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • jondu003jondu003 Posts: 85
    edited May 2010
    Can't imagine it would be much fun for the band if we all sat silently watching them. Good God, it's not the opera.

Scream as loud as you want and enjoy yourself to the fullest. I intend to be hoarse for a week after the show.

I was at Sydney2 2006, band didn't seem too happy with the silent crowd.

Shoe the sssh:ers!
    Post edited by jondu003 on
    2000: Roskilde
    2006: Sydney I,II,III
    2007: London, Copenhagen
    2008: MSG I,II
    2009: Manchester, London
    2010: London
    2011: Toronto I,II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Berlin I,II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
  • LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    GirlInRed wrote:
    have any of you ever had someone next to you singing at the top of their lungs? I paid to hear Ed sing, not the drunk schmuck next to me. be considerate to your neighbors.
    Sing...but not louder than Ed!

exactly. the person next to you should not be able to hear you. the reason I dont sing is because when I am singing or talking I cant hear the band.

while we're at it, leave your girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband at home if all they are gonna do all night is (a) yap in your ear, (b) try to get the perfect picture or (c) get hammered.

as a follow up, do any of the people who take 50 pictures at a show think to themselves afterwards that they watched the whole show through a camera instead of enjoying what was happening right in front of them?

You spend a lot of time paying attention to what other people do during the show, huh?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • pbultimate wrote:
    Yup, that was me. Hope I wasn't too tall for you. Don't look for me anymore though, I'm at home recovering from that stint. :)
    pbultimate wrote:

Kevin

Cleveland was the last show for myself as well. It's Tuesday and I still feel it.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/