Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    It's going to be interesting having to watch this game at the office. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Wobbie said:
    Ugh
    I would imagine your rooting interest is “anyone but Boston”
    That is correct
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Rafael Devers is a hell of a good ball player.  Glad the world gets to see him now.
  • Options
    Rafael Devers is a hell of a good ball player.  Glad the world gets to see him now.
    He sure is
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    He sure is
    Sad to see Franco go though.  Future is bright for that kid too.

Your Team and Kyle Tucker did really well too.  I like that kid also.
  • Options
    Please let the White Sox win their series so I don't have to cheer for the Red Sox in the ALCS. Because if those damn Astros make it, then go Red Sox.....unfortunately. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    but his chaw is disgusting.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Please let the White Sox win their series so I don't have to cheer for the Red Sox in the ALCS. Because if those damn Astros make it, then go Red Sox.....unfortunately. 
    LOL

I'm obviously hoping that the Astros wrap it up today. Huge hit by Correa last inning--drove in two and got Rodon out of the game.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    braves fans are the worst.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    Freddie Freeman must never get a hit in a game I don’t watch because I swear he hits about .600 when I watch him.  Hell of a player and even though I dislike the Braves big fan of his
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    pjhawks said:
    Freddie Freeman must never get a hit in a game I don’t watch because I swear he hits about .600 when I watch him.  Hell of a player and even though I dislike the Braves big fan of his
    Freeman is terrific. Some of my friends who are Mets fans refer to him as Chipper Freeman or Freddie Jones every time he gets a big hit against the Mets because he's as good as Chipper Jones was against the Mets.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    mfc2006 said:
    He sure is
    Crazy thing is that I think he's still younger than all the Red Sox' rooks (Dalbec, Arroyo, Duran, Whitlock, Houck, etc.).

Also, he appears to have had a nagging injury for a few weeks now, so the world likely is not even going to see him at his best. He'll still turn some pitchers' heads, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Astros/Red Sox will be a damn good series. Both lineups are deep & the pitching seems about equal. I'm thinking it goes at least 6 games.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Hope so.  The DS round has been kind of a dud
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Yep.  I have to root for the Red Sox now.  Anyone but the Astros.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    I'm all Red Sox in the ALCS and then will hope the NL team, hopefully Atlanta beats them in the World Series.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    The talent that they have drafted over the years is pretty amazing.  Altuve Correa Bregman, Tucker and Alvarez.
  • Options
    The talent that they have drafted over the years is pretty amazing.  Altuve Correa Bregman, Tucker and Alvarez.
    Yup. They have some other players that could make an impact very soon as well. I hope that Correa stays, but time will tell. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Oh yeah.  Incredible team.  That lineup is unreal.  Which makes the whole cheating scandal even more ridiculous.
  • Options
    Oh yeah.  Incredible team.  That lineup is unreal.  Which makes the whole cheating scandal even more ridiculous.

there's been cheating in baseball ever since the game was invented.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Wobbie said:

You mean like Barry Bonds?

:rofl:                               
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Wobbie said:

You would know having been there when they invented it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2021
    My opinion, which is worth nothing, is that stealing signs from the field/dugout is not cheating; it's baseball.

Using smartphones/smartwatches to steal signs, however, should be punishable by giving every attendee 108 seams to throw at the perpetrator, who would be tarred, feathered, and tied to a stake on the mound for committing an act of treason.

The only tech that should be permitted near our pastoral national pastime is maybe a radar gun.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    dankind said:
    My opinion, which is worth nothing, is that stealing signs from the field/dugout is not cheating; it's baseball.

Using smartphones/smartwatches to steal signs, however, should be punishable by giving every attendee 108 seams to throw at the perpetrator, who would be tarred, feathered, and tied to a stake on the mound for committing an act of treason.

The only tech that should be permitted near our pastoral national pastime is maybe a radar gun.
    This

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

I admit that I LOL at this(Sorry Wobbie)

But, he's right:  https://sabr.org/gamesproj/game/september-17-1900-phillies-pearce-chiles-caught-using-technology-to-steal-signs/

A little from the article.

Few fans are probably aware that 120 years earlier, the Philadelphia Phillies used the technology of the day to do the very same thing. It was known around the league that the Phillies were doing something, but no one knew how elaborate their system was. They were caught red-handed on one memorable day in the first game of a doubleheader on September 17, 1900, at the Baker Bowl. Their technology? Binoculars, a buzzer, and a seldom-used backup catcher.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,961
    Gotta love the Joctober/Pearl Jam theme that the Braves have going on right now.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Gotta love the Joctober/Pearl Jam theme that the Braves have going on right now.  
    no, we don’t gotta love it.

maybe they should do a MTG theme..,

go Dawgs, tho!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

I admit that I LOL at this(Sorry Wobbie)

But, he's right:  https://sabr.org/gamesproj/game/september-17-1900-phillies-pearce-chiles-caught-using-technology-to-steal-signs/

A little from the article.

Few fans are probably aware that 120 years earlier, the Philadelphia Phillies used the technology of the day to do the very same thing. It was known around the league that the Phillies were doing something, but no one knew how elaborate their system was. They were caught red-handed on one memorable day in the first game of a doubleheader on September 17, 1900, at the Baker Bowl. Their technology? Binoculars, a buzzer, and a seldom-used backup catcher.

He's already forgotten.

Really.