Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    WTF???? I could have sworn Matt Holiday retired.

he should have. Go Rockies. fuck matt holiday.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    That rule is dumb....Blackmon should be cleared to score since he was already far around second when the ball went into the ivy.
    No way they throw him out at home.
    Dumb fucking rule. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dumb fucking ivy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Honest question: Why do most managers still wear team uniforms when it's not required by MLB rule?
    On one of the 13 year olds' teams his manager wears a uni.

I laugh.

You know the umps that are making $4/hr and a free Pepsi/hotdog shudder when they see they have been assigned to one of his game.  That's a dude that has the MLB rule book memorized and is ready to go Jackie Chiles on their ass if they screw up.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    Jason P said:
    Honest question: Why do most managers still wear team uniforms when it's not required by MLB rule?
    On one of the 13 year olds' teams his manager wears a uni.

I laugh.

You know the umps that are making $4/hr and a free Pepsi/hotdog shudder when they see they have been assigned to one of his game.  That's a dude that has the MLB rule book memorized and is ready to go Jackie Chiles on their ass if they screw up.
    Does get pretty worked up.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Should’ve been overturned. 
  • Options
    Agree.  No idea how that was blown.
  • Options
    Inconsistency in balls/strikes is pretty bad. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Are they still playing?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ha.  I went to bed around Midnight. 
    I am glad that  the Rockies won.  Not having a dog in the fight, I found it pretty annoying that one of the teams last night celebrated many basic strikeouts, walks, etc, by freaking out. 
    For sure rooting for the Yankees tonight - Yankees/Red Sox is something that we all should be treated to this year!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ha.  I went to bed around Midnight. 
    I am glad that  the Rockies won.  Not having a dog in the fight, I found it pretty annoying that one of the teams last night celebrated many basic strikeouts, walks, etc, by freaking out. 
    For sure rooting for the Yankees tonight - Yankees/Red Sox is something that we all should be treated to this year!
    I’d rather lose to a different team. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited October 2018
    So sick of Rizzo's giant enlarged head

And i agree.  The screaming and yelling to the dugout for walks and base hits was offputting.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Congrats to the Rockies on a really hard fought game!  It was exciting to watch and it's why I love October baseball!  I'll be pulling for them in the NL the rest of the way for sure.  Great team, great players! At their home opener in 2015 against the Cubs at Coors Field, they paid tribute to Ernie Banks who died earlier in the year.  Even watching it on tv, that moment brought tears.  I'll always remember that.
  • Options
    As for the Cubs celebrating baserunners... They were trying to get their teammates hyped up to get something - anything - going.  It was a tough game with great pitching and neither team could buy a hit or a run.  I thought you guys wanted baseball to be more flashy, exciting, and fun?
    Anthony Rizzo is one of the best, most consistent players in baseball and a great guy too!  Dude does nothing but grind for us year in and year out.  He's been through the bad years and the team has been built around his leadership. Cancer survivor. Clemente Award winner.  Does amazing charity work.  Someone every young kid playing the game could look up to.
    Oh I almost forgot.  It's the cool thing to hate on the Cubs now because god forbid we enjoy a little bit of the spotlight now that we've had some continued success.  Boy, I sure wish we were contenders every year of my life like the Yankees and Red Sox and got to enjoy the fruits of victory like you guys.  Sorry we've inconvenienced everyone so much.
  • Options
    I am not condemning the team but felt it is overboard and ridiculous.

Their absolute right to act in that manner, I am not advocating for the pitchers to bean them the next time up because they celebrated getting a walk like they had just done something grand.  

My right to be a crusty old bastard and not want my kids to mimic the behavior.  :)

My favorite team is the Reds and have not won since I was in high school.  I get going years and years without contending.  That stated, the Cubs did just win the WS two years ago with many of the same players.

I don't dislike Rizzo, he seems to be a great dude.

• Options
    As for the Cubs celebrating baserunners... They were trying to get their teammates hyped up to get something - anything - going.  It was a tough game with great pitching and neither team could buy a hit or a run.  I thought you guys wanted baseball to be more flashy, exciting, and fun?
    Anthony Rizzo is one of the best, most consistent players in baseball and a great guy too!  Dude does nothing but grind for us year in and year out.  He's been through the bad years and the team has been built around his leadership. Cancer survivor. Clemente Award winner.  Does amazing charity work.  Someone every young kid playing the game could look up to.
    Oh I almost forgot.  It's the cool thing to hate on the Cubs now because god forbid we enjoy a little bit of the spotlight now that we've had some continued success.  Boy, I sure wish we were contenders every year of my life like the Yankees and Red Sox and got to enjoy the fruits of victory like you guys.  Sorry we've inconvenienced everyone so much.
    I loathe the Yankees and Red Sox.  My favorite teams in sports have won it:  Hockey - Never, Football - Never, Baseball - 1948.  I am at about a 120-season drought through my life.   

And I have never once said I wanted baseball to be "flashy, exciting, and fun".  I think its already all of those.

The excessive celebrating/getting teammates "pumped up" was over the top.  Especially in a sport where getting pumped up is counter-productive.

I have always liked the Cubs for the most part.  A bit fatigued by them and the whole scene, and how fashionable it is to be a Cubs fan, especially in Pearl Jam circles.  It was similar to the Red Sox back in the early-mid 00's.  I wanted them to win starting the game out, was looking forward to the Brewers/Cubs series.  But kind of changed during the game and I like how new blood is in the playoffs.  Brewers vs Rockies is great.  
  • Options
    Fair enough.  But after 17 straight innings of not hitting the ball, I was pretty damn excited to see any baserunner myself!  Don't care how they got there.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    last night shows why the NL is a far superior product than the AL. Every one of the 25 players on the roster is important. And decisions by the managers have consequences.  yea i'm looking at you Cliffy :smiley:
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    last night shows why the NL is a far superior product than the AL. Every one of the 25 players on the roster is important. And decisions by the managers have consequences.  yea i'm looking at you Cliffy :smiley:
    Yankees will be using all of their bullpen tonight, you can bet on that!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited October 2018
    pjhawks said:
    Yeah, nothing more exciting than a cool 2-1 13 inning game!  Though this time it was obviously pretty exciting.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited October 2018
    😭

You dont think Contreras was a little over the top? 

Rizzo is fine though. Seems like a pretty cool dude.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    I didnt say Rizzo is a bad guy or anything.  Im just sick of his head
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I didnt say Rizzo is a bad guy or anything.  Im just sick of his head
    :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Dang, Pedro living large.
  • Options
    on the face of it, the AL matchups completely dwarf those of the NL.

we shall see....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Wobbie said:
    on the face of it, the AL matchups completely dwarf those of the NL.

we shall see....
    Lol the NL playoffs might as well be triple a