2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    http://hothardware.com/News/38-Studios- ... f-Its-Own/
    Now, there's evidence of even shadier behavior. When Schilling relocated his company to Rhode Island, he bought out the homes of at least some employees and moved them down to RI along with the rest of the company. The homes may not have been resold, and at some point, 38 Studios stopped paying the mortgages. At least one employee has now been contacted by the bank, asking what happened to the mortgage payments. If this is true, it's disastrous if not outright criminal. The employee in question was told the home had been sold, and is now potentially on the hook for the unpaid mortgage. Depending on where the funds came from, 38 Studios actions may also have violated its loan agreement with Rhode Island.

Wow, that's pretty awful if it's true.
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Halladay's out 6-8 weeks.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Not many great pitching matchups tonight. With the Yanks on late, depending on the scores, I'll probably start out with the Nats-Marlins and flick around to the Cards-Braves, and Boston-Tigers
    Oswalt signs with the Rangers. Not that he is all that great, but they are good.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not many great pitching matchups tonight. With the Yanks on late, depending on the scores, I'll probably start out with the Nats-Marlins and flick around to the Cards-Braves, and Boston-Tigers

I was just looking at that too. I have my go-to teams when the phils aren't on. Right now I really enjoy watching toronto, tampa, and cincy. And of course I will always tune in to watch the red sox lose

The phils lineup is ridiculous tonight. pierre and wiggiton both in the top half of the order :thumbdown:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oswalt signs with the Rangers. Not that he is all that great, but they are good.

makes you wonder about the feliz injury
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,122
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't know how much more of the Braves I can handle :sick:.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I was just looking at that too. I have my go-to teams when the phils aren't on. Right now I really enjoy watching toronto, tampa, and cincy. And of course I will always tune in to watch the red sox lose

The phils lineup is ridiculous tonight. pierre and wiggiton both in the top half of the order :thumbdown:

Yeah, Shields is going for the Rays, and I think it is Matsui's debut. haha.

Ouch.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Oswalt to the Rangers. That team is absolutely stacked.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    what a disgrace the padres are. beautiful stadium, perfect weather...perennial losers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    what a disgrace the padres are. beautiful stadium, perfect weather...perennial losers.

could be worse, those people could be stuck in pittsburgh. at least SD has the weather.
    Braves end the streak!
    severed hand thirteen
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,821
    And the White Sox roll into first place with their 7th in a row last night. Can't believe how good this team is playing right now...so happy that I have been 100% wrong about this season so far. The division looks weak so hopefully they can compete until the end...
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    East > West > Central
    NL East + AL East = All 10 teams over .500
    Of the remaining 20 MLB teams in the West or Central, only 8 of them are over .500
    I can't remember the last time there was such a divide between the East divisions and everyone else.
    The difference between first and last in the AL East is 3.5 games and the NL East is 4 games.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    East > West > Central
    Of the remaining 20 MLB teams in the West or Central, only 8 of them are over .500
    I can't remember the last time there was such a divide between the East divisions and everyone else.
    The difference between first and last in the AL East is 3.5 games and the NL East is 4 games.

makes sense ... all the big markets ... $$$ ... i know a lot of folks here doesn't think money plays a factor and they can point to teams like the rays and brewers but the reality is having significantly larger payrolls does make a difference ...

just last week someone posted about how the top payroll teams weren't doing so good ... a week later and they are all on the rise ...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    East > West > Central

nobody is really any good in the NL East :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    polaris_x wrote:
    East > West > Central

makes sense ... all the big markets ... $$$ ... i know a lot of folks here doesn't think money plays a factor and they can point to teams like the rays and brewers but the reality is having significantly larger payrolls does make a difference ...

just last week someone posted about how the top payroll teams weren't doing so good ... a week later and they are all on the rise ...
    Eh, not quite 100% accurate there, polaris. 6 of the top 10 payrolls in baseball play out of the NL and AL East.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Eh, not quite 100% accurate there, polaris. 6 of the top 10 payrolls in baseball play out of the NL and AL East.

uhhh ... all i'm saying is having a high payroll is gonna help ...
    polaris_x wrote:

uhhh ... all i'm saying is having a high payroll is gonna help ...
    I'm not disputing that, but the early season success of teams like Tampa, Balty, Washington, Atlanta and Toronto has nothing to do with payroll. It's all about savvy player evaluation.
    I'm not disputing that, but the early season success of teams like Tampa, Balty, Washington, Atlanta and Toronto has nothing to do with payroll. It's all about savvy player evaluation.

no ... i get that - it is possible to win without spending but the reality is that spending helps a lot ... when the shit finally settles in around end of august/early september ... you will see the teams with the highest payrolls in the hunt for playoff spots ... obviously, a few teams will also be in the hunt without a huge payroll ...

i just find it absurd that you can have a league where the top team spends over 250% more than the bottom place team ...
    imalive wrote:
    East > West > Central

you could say that about the entire NL
    polaris_x wrote:

no ... i get that - it is possible to win without spending but the reality is that spending helps a lot ... when the shit finally settles in around end of august/early september ... you will see the teams with the highest payrolls in the hunt for playoff spots ... obviously, a few teams will also be in the hunt without a huge payroll ...

i just find it absurd that you can have a league where the top team spends over 250% more than the bottom place team ...

there is no correlation to winning and high payroll. see mets, cubs, mariners, etc
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    East > West > Central

that's what they said last year. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

there is no correlation to winning and high payroll. see mets, cubs, mariners, etc

if i had the energy, i'd do a quick cost per win...

cubs shouldn't count in any stats tho. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    East > West > Central

Dodgers?

Who is so great in the AL? Rangers are the only standout team in the entire league to me.
    severed hand thirteen
    The Fixer wrote:

c'mon man ... how can you say that? ... it's not guaranteeing one will win but it's a major factor ... look who has the worst record in baseball? ... which teams have been to the post season the most in the past decade? ...

and why would you use those teams?? ... they all have below average payrolls ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

c'mon man ... how can you say that? ... it's not guaranteeing one will win but it's a major factor ... look who has the worst record in baseball? ... which teams have been to the post season the most in the past decade? ...

and why would you use those teams?? ... they all have below average payrolls ...

cubs have a middle of the pack payroll ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Dodgers?

Who is so great in the AL? Rangers are the only standout team in the entire league to me.

I don't see how the dodgers will keep up this pace. until this week they had ted lily in their rotation :lol: .

I think tampa is pretty awesome...even with a ton of injuries they have played well.
    81 wrote:
    cubs have a middle of the pack payroll ;)

ya ... according to USAToday ... cubs payroll $88 million ... average is $98 million ... obviously skewed a bit by the big spending teams ...

you look at the top 10 teams in payroll - they all have made the post season recently and in many cases numerous times ... the marlins are an exception in that their payroll this year isn't reflective of their payroll the past few years ... and they are a great example ... they had near the lowest payroll last year and sucked ... now they have a huge payroll and they are near the top of a tough division ...