MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• Wobbie said:

to put it another way, scott.....most annoying fan base to best, in descending order.

I'm not sure what issue you have with cub fans, it's not like we've knocked the Giants off in the playoffs in the last 100+ years.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,970
    you haven't knocked out many.

cards fans should probably be higher on my list.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:

cards fans should probably be higher on my list.

As in more annoying? At least you didn't really hate on the Rangers.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,736
    You think Red Sox fans got bad after they won? Just wait till what happens with Cubs fans
  • You think Red Sox fans got bad after they won? Just wait till what happens with Cubs fans

We've been waiting a loooooooooooooooong time. Let us have our moment if/when we get it!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,444

You think Red Sox fans got bad after they won? Just wait till what happens with Cubs fans

Red Sox fans got incredibly annoying. I think a lot of Phillies fans did too. Yankees fans have and always will be annoying.
    pjhawks said:

Red Sox fans got incredibly annoying. I think a lot of Phillies fans did too. Yankees fans have and always will be annoying.
    Phillies fans were Red Sox light, but definitely agreed. I am good with that.
  • The Cubs will finish the year only playing 63 games against teams with a .500 record or better.
    Boston, Toronto, Baltimore and the Yanks will all have played over 100 games against teams with a .500 record or better.
    Interesting.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184

The Cubs will finish the year only playing 63 games against teams with a .500 record or better.
    Boston, Toronto, Baltimore and the Yanks will all have played over 100 games against teams with a .500 record or better.
    Interesting.

Interesting indeed, come playoff time things, play tends to tighten up......Cubs are notorious for this kind of on field play.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

I would agree with that I wasn't part of that crowd though after 2004 I was good for 15 years after that championship. So the Cubs fans WILL party like its 2112 good for them. I might even party with them. :smiley:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    edited September 2016

The Cubs will finish the year only playing 63 games against teams with a .500 record or better.
    Interesting.

Meaningless statistic. Many NL teams have been on the .500 cusp most of the season. Boston, Toronto, Baltimore, & NYY were all in playoff contention and all in the same division, so naturally if they are all above .500 and playing each other, that stat is gonna be skewed in their favor. Same thing probably could've been said about the Cubs last year when MLB's top 3 records were in the NL Central.

Interesting.

Meaningless statistic. Many NL teams have been on the .500 cusp most of the season. Boston, Toronto, Baltimore, & NYY were all in playoff contention and all in the same division, so naturally if they are all above .500 and playing each other, that stat is gonna be skewed in their favor. Same thing probably could've been said about the Cubs last year when MLB's top 3 records were in the NL Central.
    agreed....and the cubs being so fucking good has contributed to the mediocrity of their opponents.

that, and the goddam SF bullpen :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The Cubs will finish the year only playing 63 games against teams with a .500 record or better.
    Interesting.

Actually in 15 the Cubs played only 76 games while the AL east averaged over 90 games against teams with .500 records
    The NL this year has been awful other than 6 teams.
    I think the Cubs are a very good team but if they were the AL east their record would be about 10 games worse.

Interesting.

That has a lot to do with them beating the dog piss out of teams in their own division. You don't think the cubs aren't responsible for those teams having a losing record?
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited September 2016

Interesting.

Actually in 15 the Cubs played only 76 games while the AL east averaged over 90 games against teams with .500 records
    I think the Cubs are a very good team but if they were the AL east their record would be about 10 games worse.

Reilly? That's a fact? I guess there's no way the cubs would dismantle the AL east. There's no possibility of that?
    you fucker! had to post it twice? :angry:

fuck the motherfucking dogturds. fuck 'em!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

you fucker! had to post it twice? :angry:

fuck the motherfucking dogturds. fuck 'em!
    Had to make sure everyone saw it
  • Let's go Dodgers!
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    David Ortiz still on fire hitting a three run hr with five rbi in the series so far.

Peace

makes perfect sense that the girl pitcher on the ridiculous new FOX show pitches for the..........padres.

a girl just might make the starting rotation for that sad sack franchise. them or the rockies or dbags.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    How are the Braves not in first place?
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

How are the Braves not in first place?

I know, chipper Jones is so good
  • You have to say that the best trade of the year was Baltimore getting Mark Trumbo from the M's for backup catcher Steve Clevengar. The M's have now suspended Clevengar for the season when he's on the 60 day DL for racist remarks. The O's get Trumbo who leads the league in home runs and the M's get Clevengar with his 1 home run and 7 RBI's........Good trade Seattle.
    Interesting.

Reilly? That's a fact? I guess there's no way the cubs would dismantle the AL east. There's no possibility of that?
    Exactly. Who's to say if the Cubs were in the AL East that the Sox, Jays, O's, & Yanks would be 5-10 games worse each.
  • You have to say that the best trade of the year was Baltimore getting Mark Trumbo from the M's for backup catcher Steve Clevengar. The M's have now suspended Clevengar for the season when he's on the 60 day DL for racist remarks. The O's get Trumbo who leads the league in home runs and the M's get Clevengar with his 1 home run and 7 RBI's........Good trade Seattle.

I don't play fantasy baseball, but I told a number of people who do to draft Trumbo. Knew he'd hit the shit out of the ball playing in Camden Yards.
    Holy fuck that's sad
  • Jose Fernandez dies in a boating axcident. Wow. Shocked.
  • Crazy and sad.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

Jose Fernandez dies in a boating axcident. Wow. Shocked.

Awful. RIP
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14