Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Very happy with how this game is going so far for Houston, but this broadcast team is horrible. Costas is ok, but Jim Kaat & Buck Showalter are pretty bad. Add to that that Kaat made a comment about Moncada that was straight-up racist. TV is muted & have been listening to the radio broadcast for the last 3 innings.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    Billy Ripken = Uncle Fester.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

At the end of the day you are still wearing a shirt with the Dodgers on it…
  • Options
    Watching the Giants/Dodgers game and someone let their kid wear an Astros jersey to the game…. Behind home plate, not cheap seats…
  • Options
    Watching the Giants/Dodgers game and someone let their kid wear an Astros jersey to the game…. Behind home plate, not cheap seats…
    I think that was pseudo Marlins man…?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Saw that and it made me smile.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Why are the Red Sox wearing BP jerseys again?
  • Options
    ground rule double, my ass :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Wow, what a game!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    That’s insane 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    Can you throw the ball into the stands, so long as you don't close your hand around the ball?  Just checking for the future.  
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Got MLB Network on now and they have the rule up:

(8) Any bounding fair ball is deflected by the fielder into the stands, or over or under a fence on fair or foul territory, in which case 
    the batter and all runners shall be entitled to advance two bases.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    mfc2006 said:
    Very happy with how this game is going so far for Houston, but this broadcast team is horrible. Costas is ok, but Jim Kaat & Buck Showalter are pretty bad. Add to that that Kaat made a comment about Moncada that was straight-up racist. TV is muted & have been listening to the radio broadcast for the last 3 innings.
    Oh man that was brutal to listen to on Friday....the FS1 broadcast team with Adam Amin and Pierzynski is so much better.  
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Oh man that was brutal to listen to on Friday....the FS1 broadcast team with Adam Amin and Pierzynski is so much better.  
    Yes...light years better! I liked Waino in the booth as well--was a fun listen. Good win by the White Sox last night....that Grandal play has me scratching my head, though. After that play, the momentum was definitely gone and their bullpen went into lockdown mode. Looks like i won't be getting much done at work this afternoon! Ha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Yes...light years better! I liked Waino in the booth as well--was a fun listen. Good win by the White Sox last night....that Grandal play has me scratching my head, though. After that play, the momentum was definitely gone and their bullpen went into lockdown mode. Looks like i won't be getting much done at work this afternoon! Ha!
    Yeah that was a wild play.  Definitely thought they would have called him out there but I guess what he did wasn't against the rules??  Sox bullpen was awesome.  Absolutely brutal that they have to come back out and play at 230 after having the night game last night....this playoff scheduling is ridiculous.  Enough with the fucking Red Sox in every primetime game.  Weather forecast is pretty dicey today...there are supposed to be some nasty storms in Chicago area this afternoon/tonight.  Hopefully they can get the game in.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Yeah that was a wild play.  Definitely thought they would have called him out there but I guess what he did wasn't against the rules??  Sox bullpen was awesome.  Absolutely brutal that they have to come back out and play at 230 after having the night game last night....this playoff scheduling is ridiculous.  Enough with the fucking Red Sox in every primetime game.  Weather forecast is pretty dicey today...there are supposed to be some nasty storms in Chicago area this afternoon/tonight.  Hopefully they can get the game in.
    Yeah, that was a late one last night. I wanted to destroy my alarm this morning. LOL.

The scheduling is absurd. Hoping the weather holds....maybe there will be a delay and the game will start at a normal time! Ha! Should be a good game, though. I had a feeling that this series would go 4-5 games and it should be fun (& nerve wracking) to see how it all plays out.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    Any rule that mentions the player's "intention" is baffling to me.  How is the ump supposed to make a live call while assuming the player's intention? Sox got so lucky with that BS rule (I'm not a Tampa fan and actually not invested in that series at all).  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Any rule that mentions the player's "intention" is baffling to me.  How is the ump supposed to make a live call while assuming the player's intention? Sox got so lucky with that BS rule (I'm not a Tampa fan and actually not invested in that series at all).  
    So let's say they award Tampa that run and its 5-4. Zunino followed by striking out and Vazquez hit his 2 run HR in the bottom of that inning, Final score would have been 6-5 instead of 6-4, Devil Rays still lose.
    There's a lot of outcry over a play where the correct call was made that in the end didn't end up costing Tampa the game as so many have stated.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I suppose they did get the call right, but one of the umpires needs to be tasked with monitoring such a play in the future. If “intention” could be reviewed, the angle from left field back down to home is pretty damning.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    So let's say they award Tampa that run and its 5-4. Zunino followed by striking out and Vazquez hit his 2 run HR in the bottom of that inning, Final score would have been 6-5 instead of 6-4, Devil Rays still lose.
    There's a lot of outcry over a play where the correct call was made that in the end didn't end up costing Tampa the game as so many have stated.
    If the Ray's score, then the Zunn at bat might change and the Rays change their pitcher as well.  You can't really expect the game to play out the same way. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    That was the right call.  No way he could react quickly enough for that to be intentional.  It would have been too obvious.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
      and the Rays change their pitcher as well  
    Not so sure about that as all they had left in their pen was Colin McHugh and the ghost of Michael Wacha who had both gotten shelled in game 2.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    Not so sure about that as all they had left in their pen was Colin McHugh and the ghost of Michael Wacha who had both gotten shelled in game 2.
    True Wacha should not have made the roster.  But I don't think you can assume everything plays out the same. 
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
     Hoping the weather holds....maybe there will be a delay and the game will start at a normal time! 
    PPD!
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
     Hoping the weather holds....maybe there will be a delay and the game will start at a normal time! 
    PPD!
    Yup---saw that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Red Sox  -  Tampa  game 3 was a 4:07 start and game 5(if every Series still going) is scheduled for 5:07.
  • Options
    let’s hope no Giants fans get put into a coma tonight by the gangbangers at chavez latrine.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Poncier said:
    True Wacha should not have made the roster.  But I don't think you can assume everything plays out the same. 

Poncier can!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14