Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    edited October 2021
    Meant to say this earlier but why in the hell are they wearing alternate jerseys in the playoffs?

Those things suck
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Meant to say this earlier but why in the hell are they wearing alternate jerseys in the playoffs?

Those things suck
    Your mama sucks!

Anthony Russo swallows!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Hahaha 
  • Options
    Awfully quick hook 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    ARod really likes Joey Gallo, eh?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Red Sox’s games have to be the biggest collection of ugly humans assembled at any one time whenever they play.  These crowd shots are the only thing uglier than this yanks play.

I’m not bitter 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    dankind said:
    Someone on ESPN doesn’t know the difference between a single and a home run. 

Fucking amateurs. 
    Neither does this dude:

• Options
    cutz said:
    dankind said:

Fucking amateurs. 
    Neither does this dude:

Thanks. 

That’s worth saving for when I could use a laugh. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623

Those things suck
    I was thinking that as well.  
    Straight dumb....two classic franchises and they do this move to sell more jerseys.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    TLR did OK with the sox, but they play in a putrid division.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Those things suck
    I was thinking that as well.  
    Straight dumb....two classic franchises and they do this move to sell more jerseys.
    at least they didn’t wear those god awful yellow jerseys….now, those, are straight dumb

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Itll be interesting to see what the Yankees do now.  Do they fix themselves and get with the times?  Or do they triple down and sign Freddie Freeman and Scherzer?
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Itll be interesting to see what the Yankees do now.  Do they fix themselves and get with the times?  Or do they triple down and sign Freddie Freeman and Scherzer?
    Yankees need to bring up some of that talent they have in the minors.  Bring up a catcher and let Sanchez go.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Nevin sending Judge home completely changed the game...that was awful.  $36M per year and Cole can't get out of the 3rd inning...yikes.  At least they only have him for 7 more years.
  • Options
    Nevin sending Judge home completely changed the game...that was awful.  $36M per year and Cole can't get out of the 3rd inning...yikes.  At least they only have him for 7 more years.
    His last 3 starts sucked.  This was inevitable.  I wish they'd have started Severino.  Screw it.  Give him a shot.
  • Options
    I am more annoyed at Cole than I was last night and I think he needs to have a great year next year, a full year without sticky stuff but he was the Cy Young favorite maybe 60 days ago and I think there's more to his hamstring than they said. Plus he was fine in the playoffs last year.  There are plenty of big time pitchers who have had rough playoffs, Kershaw obviously stands out, but CC can be put in that category a bit and I am sure there are plenty of others.

Cole is the least of the Yankees worries.
  • Options
    I am more annoyed at Cole than I was last night and I think he needs to have a great year next year, a full year without sticky stuff but he was the Cy Young favorite maybe 60 days ago and I think there's more to his hamstring than they said. Plus he was fine in the playoffs last year.  There are plenty of big time pitchers who have had rough playoffs, Kershaw obviously stands out, but CC can be put in that category a bit and I am sure there are plenty of others.

Next year the Yanks starting pitchers should be good.  Cole will be healthy, Severino comes back, German hopefully performs well again.

These last 2 years have been weird all around.
  • Options
    I still think Tampa/SF WS.

Let's see it happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Next year the Yanks starting pitchers should be good.  Cole will be healthy, Severino comes back, German hopefully performs well again.

I think they need to fix/figure out the infield and get another starter and a reliever for sure. But Sevy will be huge

If they make a big signing this year, I think it will be Seager or Story.  3 elite short stops all under 30
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    cutz said:
    dankind said:

Fucking amateurs. 
    Neither does this dude:

This is perfect
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    cutz said:
    dankind said:

Fucking amateurs. 
    Neither does this dude:

LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

I think they need to fix/figure out the infield and get another starter and a reliever for sure. But Sevy will be huge

If they make a big signing this year, I think it will be Seager or Story.  3 elite short stops all under 30
    Do they really need Miggy Andujar anymore?  Even Gleyber.  I'm so disappointed in him...  Aaron Hicks, Gardner and Frazier I think they should move.
  • Options

Do they really need Miggy Andujar anymore?  Even Gleyber.  I'm so disappointed in him...  Aaron Hicks, Gardner and Frazier I think they should move.
    Gleyber, Sanchez and Voit are all on the chopping block I'd say.  I see a very small chance that Voit is back, can't stay on the field and need more certainty at 1st.  Sanchez and Gleyber are both super disappointing but I'd think there's a much better chance at Sanchez being gone than Gleyber, just don't know what other options there are at catcher in the short term.  I think they keep Gleyber unless it's part of something big.  He looked a lot better after going back to 2nd.

Yeah, all those guys are after thoughts, I'd think. I don't think you can plan on any of the 3 being key players.

I do think there will be some pretty big changes.  They won 92 games, but their run differential was only +42...not good.
  • Options
    I likeCliffy6745 said:

Gleyber, Sanchez and Voit are all on the chopping block I'd say.  I see a very small chance that Voit is back, can't stay on the field and need more certainty at 1st.  Sanchez and Gleyber are both super disappointing but I'd think there's a much better chance at Sanchez being gone than Gleyber, just don't know what other options there are at catcher in the short term.  I think they keep Gleyber unless it's part of something big.  He looked a lot better after going back to 2nd.

Yeah, all those guys are after thoughts, I'd think. I don't think you can plan on any of the 3 being key players.

I do think there will be some pretty big changes.  They won 92 games, but their run differential was only +42...not good.
    Josh Breaux has shown promise at catcher.  Volpe has exploded at SS as their #1 prospect surpassing The Martian Dominguez.  So there are 3 you could bring up.

Resign Rizzo.  Good fit for them.

The yankees have the problem of having good players not performing that other teams would love.
  • Options
    I likeCliffy6745 said:

Resign Rizzo.  Good fit for them.

he's always had the yankees preferred hair cut.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I still think Tampa/SF WS.

Let's see it happen.
    I like tampa, as a team, but hate watching games from their pathetic staadium.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    So I hear that the Dodgers and Cards have a game later.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Would love to see the Cards send the Dodgers packing.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    tbergs said:
    Would love to see the Cards send the Dodgers packing.
    Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Could be one for the ages. Tons of star power. Gonna be on the edge of my seat come 7:10