MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Dunn definitely fits better in the Yanks lineup, like you mentioned earlier in the week about all the K's between he and Pena. It would be another big bat but a lot of K's. Yanks can absorb that more than the Rays.

Look at Damon and Matsui's numbers this year. Dunn would launch so many into the short porch.

I am starting to convince myself the Yanks are going to end up with one of these two. Berkman is probably a better fit because of the less prospects but I think Nova would be pretty attractive to the Nats, he is big league ready. I can also see the Yanks picking up Qualls, who is much much better than his numbers. He should cost almost nothing.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    should be an interesting 24 hours.

I'm really looking to see what happens if dunn or berkman gets moved. really puts the pressure on the team that fails to make a deal.

don't rays and yanks play this weekend?
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm really looking to see what happens if dunn or berkman gets moved. really puts the pressure on the team that fails to make a deal.

Yes they do. This was mentioned in the Yanks thread but how horrible would it be if Arod's 600th was a catwalk shot in that joke of a stadium

Huge series.
    And as I say that, a Berkman deal is almost done.

Jeter
    Swish
    Tex
    Arod
    Cano
    Berkman
    Posada
    Granderson
    Gardner

Not fucking bad if I say so myself.
    Berkmans numbers since June 1 and especially July 1 are much much better than on the whole season
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yes they do. This was mentioned in the Yanks thread but how horrible would it be if Arod's 600th was a catwalk shot in that joke of a stadium

Huge series.

can't wait for Arod to hit 600 so I don't have to hear about it anymore. as a non-yankee fan it has to be the least interesting milestone of all time (since he cheated).

but whatever, you know how I feel about Arod
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Jeter
    Swish
    Tex
    Arod
    Cano
    Berkman
    Posada
    Granderson
    Gardner

christ, they don't need a rotation with that lineup. scary
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Huge series.

can't wait for Arod to hit 600 so I don't have to hear about it anymore. as a non-yankee fan it has to be the least interesting milestone of all time (since he cheated).

but whatever, you know how I feel about Arod

I hear you. The cheating thing is so overblown to me but that is a whole different conversation.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Jeter
    Swish
    Tex
    Arod
    Cano
    Berkman
    Posada
    Granderson
    Gardner

Yeah, man. That is solid. Granderson is on fire and would be hitting 8th and Gardner who is around .300 batting 9th. Tough tough lineup.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Jeter
    Swish
    Tex
    Arod
    Cano
    Berkman
    Posada
    Granderson
    Gardner

Yeah, man. That is solid. Granderson is on fire and would be hitting 8th and Gardner who is around .300 batting 9th. Tough tough lineup.

I don't understand why cano isn't hitting 3rd, but that's just nit picking
    Feinsand says it is about to happen and no big prospects will be given up. I like it.

This shit better not blow up.

Some dude says Berkman is thinking about 4 destinations so who knows, all I know if another trade blows up my head will too.
    Yeah, Cano can hit either. I think they gave him the opportunity to hit 5th this year and it was a lot to ask of him after his RISP numbers last year. He has been more than comfortable and they probably dont want to fuck with it. Plus I am sure with Tex's struggles, they wanted him in front of Arod. I like it the way it is.
    Cliff, didn't you say you hit PSU football games?

My wife and her friends plan a trip every year. Just got confirmation that we are going 10/30 for the michigan game...night game too. pretty fired up, last year they booked indiana.

Of course if the phils are playing a home WS game, I will be backing out of this trip at the last minute...and I'll probably be single come Halloween
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    The Fixer wrote:

My wife and her friends plan a trip every year. Just got confirmation that we are going 10/30 for the michigan game...night game too. pretty fired up, last year they booked indiana.

Of course if the phils are playing a home WS game, I will be backing out of this trip at the last minute...and I'll probably be single come Halloween

You sound as if you love your wife, but would rather have her as your girlfriend, no?
    The Fixer wrote:

You sound as if you love your wife, but would rather have her as your girlfriend, no?

nah man, I'm all talk. I couldn't ask for a better chick...tough to find someone willing to deal with me on a daily basis
    The Fixer wrote:

I do hit a lot of PSU fooball games, at least 1 a year, usually more. That is going to be an awesome time. I went to the Ohio State night game a few years back when they won. One of the best sporting events I have been to.

That is a great game to go too and I would definitely be there but I think I am going to be in Barecelona that week. Which also sucks because if the Yanks are in the World Series i will be staying up all night to watch the games. Oh well, I will figure it out. Shitty timing but only time this trip can happen.
    AHHHH

Source says he gave approval earlier today, so everything should be OK. But official word would not be until Sat. aft

Rosenthal

I cant wait till Saturday afternoon.
    Sounds like some weird 10 and 5 thing as to why it wont be announced until tomorrow but it is agreed upon and he has waived his no trade clause.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    berkman to yanks....just figuring out money
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    berkman to yanks....just figuring out money

Sounds like the Yanks will be paying it all and sending a non-prospect minor leaguer. Hell of a deal.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    The Nationals are frustrated in their attempts to get equal value for Adam Dunn, and conversely, rival teams are saying that the asking price for Dunn is enormous. This is why the Yankees turned away from the Dunn talks and snagged the player they perceive to be the second-best DH type on the market, Lance Berkman -- figuring the Rays might have turned to Berkman if they had ultimately lost out on Dunn. It's like a game of musical chairs. - Buster Olney
    The Fixer wrote:
    Then again, I love matt joyce...I think he's ready to be a borderline all star type player

there he is, right on cue. he's a beast
    Angels-Texas game is pretty crazy
    Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia, Westbrook. Not to shabby.
    Lilly and Theriot for fucking Blake Dewitt? wtf?
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    The Fixer wrote:
    Lilly and Theriot for fucking Blake Dewitt? wtf?

I can't believe they traded former Expo Tim Wallach's son in that deal..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    So Balfour got hurt wrestling his pitching coach.....
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    So Balfour got hurt wrestling his pitching coach.....

that dude seems like a meathead. I can definitely picture something like that happening.

anyone watching The Club on MLB Network? good stuff
    Looking forward to seeing Hellickson pitch tonight. Been a great year for prospects
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    annoying when I have the afternoon off and there is no afternoon baseball
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit