Understanding Artist Comp Seats

KillTakerKillTaker Posts: 140
edited May 2010 in The Porch
To those "waxing poetic" about rows 1,2 - 9,10....

For many, many years it has been a common (and acceptable) practice for bands, teams, or any performing entity in a venue to have seats made available to them for use as they see fit. Where these seats are can differ from venue to venue, contract to contract, artist to artist etc... This is nothing new and has always been in place. 10C is under NO obligation to divulge where these seats are for reasons that *start* with security. It's amazing to me that some still don't see the scope of what the 10C does for us. Fugazi put it best with the line "it's not what they're selling, its what you're buying".. Meaning if you have a gripe over 10C practice let your membership lapse and get in line with the public on-sale. 10C has changed what they do NUMEROUS times over the years for the fans. Do some research and note all the roads they travel to try and give PJ's fans the best live experience they can for the money.

I've said this before but PJ and the 10C treat us in such a remarkable way that we expect something HUGE at every turn and with everything they do. Everything has to be EPIC- the show, the bootleg, the annual gift, the poster, the merch, the fanzine, the DVD, etc etc etc etc.. Lets get back to having a proper perspective of what this is. An amazing band that GIVES THEIR ALL at every show for us connected to an amazing fanclub that allows us to sit in an amongst their guest list. And does that take away a few seats for us- yes... But if that is a sticking point for you Angels and Airwaves just released a free downloadable album and for a mere $100 above the ticket price you can have a hot dog handed to you, see a soundcheck, and endure a 5min "meet and greet".. And oh yes- their friends and family will be in the audience as well.

So please- if you're here in this forum one would assume you have some general knowledge of the band and it's history- which very much includes the 10C.. And for someone that loves music, integrity, and live shows that knowledge is enough for me to remain a lifelong fan of this band.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Great point! I've never complained about anything PJ, they really are an amazing group of guys and they do way more for their fans than most other performers around. I'm sure they've been in this enough years to know you can't please everyone, even though they do their best there will always be those who complain. However, this does bring up a point that I've been wondering. I bought through Ticketmaster as opposed to the fan club and go ok seats, but nothing to write home about even though I was logged on and hitting purchase as they went on sell. How do you get better seats? Is it just the luck of the draw or what? If anyone could shed some light on that I would appreciate it. Thank you.

(I understand that 10C offers pretty decent seats, but I needed to purchase three seats as opposed to the two 10C seats and we wanted to be together.)
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    marigold wrote:
    I bought through Ticketmaster as opposed to the fan club and go ok seats, but nothing to write home about even though I was logged on and hitting purchase as they went on sell. How do you get better seats? Is it just the luck of the draw or what? If anyone could shed some light on that I would appreciate it. Thank you.
    Luck of the draw and work fast.
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Some folk just figure he/she is the most important person that wanders this world and deserve to be treated likely. Just raised this way, i don´t know.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.