the 1 thing thats sucks about loving this band

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited May 2010 in The Porch
does everybody think i have a special tree that grows pearl jam tickets?

wtf ? i was at a wedding last night and i had at least 10 people ask me for tickets

i wish i did because i love to spread the jam
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    For me the one thing that sucks about loving this band is always being poor :lol:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626

wtf ? i was at a wedding last night and i had at least 10 people ask me for tickets

And people are always pissed when you say "You can only get 2 tickets through 10c"....they're like "Only two?!"
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    I agree 100%..im always getting shit from friends about getting them tix. They dont seem to get the whole "2 tix per member" concept. If they really wanna go that bad, get them yourself!
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11

i wish i did because i love to spread the jam but people cmon
    And people are always pissed when you say "You can only get 2 tickets through 10c"....they're like "Only two?!"

I dont know any PJ friends other than on here so I dont have that problem. But it would annoy me being asked all the time. Im glad people from my neck of the woods are ignorant pop fans :lol:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

why didn't you tell me? why didn't you buy extra ? im kinda upset ..i see how it is blah blah blah

i'm like i have a hard enough time getting a few stubs for every show
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Unfortunately now that ticket prices are so high, none of my friends have any desire to go anymore.
    philthehip wrote:

i wish i did because i love to spread the jam /quote]

I dont know any PJ friends other than on here so I dont have that problem. But it would annoy me being asked all the time. Im glad people from my neck of the woods are ignorant pop fans :lol:

obviously the people that ask aren't hard core fans but they know alot about the music just from knowing me :mrgreen:
    and they really know how awesome the shows are

after the 5th person i was abit annoyed as well
    Unfortunately now that ticket prices are so high, none of my friends have any desire to go anymore.

unless you pick 2 tickets off your tree
    philthehip wrote:
    For me the one thing that sucks about loving this band is always being poor :lol:

im gonna be paying off my pj credit card for the rest of my life

and yes i really have a pj credit card
    philthehip wrote:

im gonna be paying off my pj credit card for the rest of my life

and yes i really have a pj credit card

Im gonna be saving for the 2009 bootleg boxset after the tour so my missus is gonna be MAD :lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Doesnt sucks at all..im more than ok with that...im happy to see friend in the shows..it takes time,but worth the trying..
    only today i found 4 spares and 4 friends,from UK,Portugal,Greece,Italy are happy :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Doesnt sucks at all..im more than ok with that...im happy to see friend in the shows..it takes time,but worth the trying..
    only today i found 4 spares and 4 friends,from UK,Portugal,Greece,Italy are happy :)

i do to but what i'm really getting at is some people think its my JOB to get them pj tickets

i wish i could but it doesn't work like that

i do to but what i'm really getting at is some people think its my JOB to get them pj tickets

in Europe i dont see any problem.noone think is my job to find a ticket..i found this easy..i see who is searching 10c spare and for exable if i see here in the forum someone giving his spare i sent him a pm with my friend mail and its done..and the opposite,,see someone here searching for spare ,i know a f/b friend have one ,sending a mail..and thats all.and most of people i know do the same...and all familiar faces are in early entrance :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited May 2010

in Europe i dont see any problem.noone think is my job to find a ticket..i found this easy..i see who is searching 10c spare and for exable if i see here in the forum someone giving his spare i sent him a pm with my friend mail and its done..and the opposite,,see someone here searching for spare ,i know a f/b friend have one ,sending a mail..and thats all.and most of people i know do the same...and all familiar faces are in early entrance :mrgreen:

your answers are the best...even though i have no idea what you're saying :lol::mrgreen:
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on

you're answers are the best...even though i have no idea what you're saying :lol::mrgreen:
    dont think u are something special ..alot of people cant understand what im saying.. :lol:
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i bombed out on 10C tickets for MSG1
    so i went the general sales route
    i made 2 different transactions that morning they went onsale,
    getting 2 different sets at different locations.
    A young coworker has never seen PJ, so I gladly gave him my 2nd pair
    ( for face and charges of course ) ,
    to spread the Jam and get him hooked.
    He is taking his girlfriend and it is both of their first Pearl Jam show ever,
    at NYCs Madison Square Garden ( theyre from Long Island ) .
    He's telling me how psyched he and his GF are
    and not only to check out PJ, but The Black Keys , as well.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    Just tell them to pay for your flight and they can go to whatever show they want!
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    dont think u are something special ..alot of people cant understand what im saying.. :lol:

we still love you D! :lol:

i put on fb when somebody here has an extra too but nobody has jumped at the chance.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    is that too many people like them and I cant get close to the stage with my 10c tix.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049

........took the words right out of my mouth :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: we love you D
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    I have no complaints.
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ...being so broke when they tour every year .... tickets..posters...shirts....flights...hotels....100's of dollars ... but COUNTLESS MEMORIES ........
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

you're answers are the best...even though i have no idea what you're saying :lol::mrgreen:

Something about tickets???

Something about tickets???
    :D the most important is friends who need a spare tix,or want to sell their spare to understand me..
    u can ask around ;)
    joe2468 wrote:

........took the words right out of my mouth :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: we love you D
    i know u understand me my friend... :mrgreen: ... but i dont love u Joe...my love for u will start .....NEXT WEEK... ;):lol::lol::lol: