Hope old lady at Indy is alright.....

primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Ed tossed her a tambourine and I think someone knocked her in the head trying to catch it. Saw her leaving in a wheelchair and an EMS person holding a bandage on her head. But she sure was gripping that tambourine very tightly! :D Hope the band found out about her injury and really took care of her. She must be about 80 would be my guess. PJ's big security dude was helping her out. Hope all is well!
Summerfest 7/8/95
Missoula 6/20/98
Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
Champaign 4/23/03
Alpine Valley 6/21/03
Missoula 8/29/05
Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
Grand Rapids 5/19/06
Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
Tampa 6/12/08
Chicago 8/23/09
Indy 5/7/10
Alpine Valley x2 2011
Wrigley 2013
Milwaukee 14
Telluride 16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    that's a bummer heres to a speedy recovery
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    she's old and TOUGH. She got banged up, bandaged up and moved on. She was more excited about the moment, and getting Ed's tambourine. If she was in her 20's she might have started a thread on here complaining about how she got "injured" by someone's flying elbow, and how her night was ruined.

ROCK ON OLD TIMERS
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,441
    Ed tossed her a tambourine and I think someone knocked her in the head trying to catch it. Saw her leaving in a wheelchair and an EMS person holding a bandage on her head. But she sure was gripping that tambourine very tightly! :D Hope the band found out about her injury and really took care of her. She must be about 80 would be my guess. PJ's big security dude was helping her out. Hope all is well!
    Ed hit decides2dream in the head with a tambourine?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • gmonetgmonet Posts: 37
    She seemed to be smiling when I saw her leave. I'm sure she's fine.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    glad she's ok.

i'm a wheelchair user too. ......but a lot younger. ;)
    in 08 mike tossed me a pick. the crowd came in fast! i felt an elbow right smack in the middle of my head. how dare people try to catch what was meant for me. hehehe
    i knew i got hit but really didn't feel it because i was so excited. ....probably same with that lady.
    anyway, the pick landed on the floor and even thou tons gathered around to get it, when it landed on the floor somebody was nice enough to give it to me.
    That's my pick bitches. :lol:
    that person is tops in my book.

mental note yourself:
    pj will make sure items get to who they toss it to.
    try to fight the excitment and urge to try for an item clearly being tossed to somebody in a wheelchair / the elderly.
    we can't move fast out of the way of flying arms/elbows.
    :mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372

Hope she's doing well too! Kinda sad if Ed is pointing to the woman, while everybody around her knew she will be getting the tambourine and then somebody close around her knocked her in the head? Mama mia! This day of age, if Ed even walked into a crowd, his clothes would of probably be stripped from his back & returned on stage naked. :shock:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,893
    demetrios wrote:

Hope she's doing well too! Kinda sad if Ed is pointing to the woman, while everybody around her knew she will be getting the tambourine and then somebody close around her knocked her in the head? Mama mia! This day of age, if Ed even walked into a crowd, his clothes would of probably be stripped from his back & returned on stage naked. :shock:
    Well , we can always use a new ed thread. "Pics where Ed is naked"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Well , we can always use a new ed thread. "Pics where Ed is naked"

lol. The moderators probably have their own MOD section here on a thread like that.
  • WM31482WM31482 Posts: 563
    What the hell is wrong with people? Who can actually feel good about taking home a tambourine knowing they made an old woman bleed from the head and need to be taken home in a wheelchair?
    WM31482 wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with people? Who can actually feel good about taking home a tambourine knowing they made an old woman bleed from the head and need to be taken home in a wheelchair?

The lady took home the tambourine, who got hit in the head. Haven't heard an update yet if she posts here on the boards. If she didn't get the tambourine leaving the place & I was in that crowd next to her trying for it & I saw the person who hit this lady over the head, take the tambourine away from her, I would so given this person a DDT then a pile driver followed by a forearm to the head. Then jump over the rail & run to the lady in the wheelchair & give her the tambourine that belonged to her. Then come back, share a drink with Ed with all that running, then jump back over the rail & back to my seat.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    She is a friend of mine, and we were staying together and travelling together as well, and I am happy to say that she is ok. A little bump, but no stitches or side effects from it! She is a tough one!! :-)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    She is a friend of mine, and we were staying together and travelling together as well, and I am happy to say that she is ok. A little bump, but no stitches or side effects from it! She is a tough one!! :-)
    Really???

Well I am glad to hear she is ok......

And I hope you had a kick ass time at the shows.......

Great new's! :)
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    edited May 2010
    Post edited by usamamasan1 on
    Really???

Well I am glad to hear she is ok......

And I hope you had a kick ass time at the shows.......

Yes Sir!! A very close friend. Have known her for many years now!! She got her tambourine and is home now safe and sound! I had a GREAT time my friend. Wish you could have come to Indy, but understand. Maybe you can come west in the fall! ;-) Heading home in the morning. Talk to you in a couple days!!

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12

Yes Sir!! A very close friend. Have known her for many years now!! She got her tambourine and is home now safe and sound! I had a GREAT time my friend. Wish you could have come to Indy, but understand. Maybe you can come west in the fall! ;-) Heading home in the morning. Talk to you in a couple days!!
    If all works out, I will be out West in the fall....

Damn, You 2 will be talking about this incident for the rest of your lives.....
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    Ed hit decides2dream in the head with a tambourine?

i just peed my pants... just a little

good stuff speedy
    WM31482 wrote:

it happens. read what i had to say. people get wild with excitement, it's understandable.
    but yeah i agree with you on If an item is meant for a certain fan hand it over to them.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    was that there ed did the double toss into the same area. looked like somebody got the first one which was aimed for somebody else. he told the person that got it to pass it, but that person said nope. so he tossed anouther and the right person got it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775

When I saw this thread title, I had someone in mind... and then this post. Doris?
    81 wrote:
    he told the person that got it to pass it, but that person said nope. so he tossed anouther and the right person got it.

that's shitty.
    i wouldn't put it passed ed to stop a concert until he saw the right person get the item.

pillowpants - there goes another example of kramer karma for ya. ;):lol:

jamburger wrote:

When I saw this thread title, I had someone in mind... and then this post. Doris?

You guessed it! Dont recognize you from your screen name, but I am guessing maybe we know one another as well? Drop me a pm and reveal yourself rougue poster! ;-)

• cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    WM31482 wrote:

it happens. read what i had to say. people get wild with excitement, it's understandable.
    but yeah i agree with you on If an item is meant for a certain fan hand it over to them.

That's every bit as lame as grown men who bring baseball gloves to games and snag foul balls that little kids are going for
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.