Intro song????????

JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Not sure if this has already been posted but what song have they been taking the stage to?
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    So you wanna be a rock and roll star
    Of The Girl
    Sometimes
    Oceans
    Release

...In order
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • AH129339AH129339 Posts: 25
    obv the popular choice is corduroy, but if they place relase then corduroy then that will make my day !!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    do you mean the piano intro? are they using that this year?

if so it is metamorphosis 2 by Phillip Glass
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    JasonE wrote:
    Not sure if this has already been posted but what song have they been taking the stage to?

Philip Glass - Metamorphosis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwwKFBeZ ... re=related
    do you mean the piano intro? are they using that this year?

if so it is metamorphosis 2 by Phillip Glass

Yep! Sorry didn't see your post. :)
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Easties wrote:
    JasonE wrote:

Philip Glass - Metamorphosis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwwKFBeZ ... re=related

She does that justice. I love that piece of music and was so happy Pearl Jam used Philip Glass's work. Maybe they could let Boom give it a go?
    philthehip wrote:
    She does that justice. I love that piece of music and was so happy Pearl Jam used Philip Glass's work. Maybe they could let Boom give it a go?

I agree, It's beautiful. Would be cool for Boom to come out a little earlier and play the intro. Imagine Boom suited up in front of a Grand Piano with the stadium in darkness except for a solitary dimmed light on him. :D
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Easties wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

I agree, It's beautiful. Would be cool for Boom to come out a little earlier and play the intro. Imagine Boom suited up in front of a Grand Piano with the stadium in darkness except for a solitary dimmed light on him. :D

That would be cool, or even cooler would be for Philip Glass himself to come and play the intro but maybe play it all. 7 or 8 minutes to set the mude :D