Please help!

alive25alive25 Posts: 124
edited May 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
How can i make my line 6 floor pod sound like a heavier stone gossard tone running through my amp? If you have a floor pod you know the knobs and such i have to choose from. My amp has bass,mid, and treble. Please help! Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Seems to me like the JCM800 patch is pretty much the early Stone sound... what model/preset are you using?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    Well im using a floor pod. and im using the "insane" distortion setting. but i cant get it to sound good
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Yeah, that's the problem. Stone's sound is not what I would call "hi-gain", so I'd abandon any of those presets. If you wanna play some Puddle of Mudd or Staind, then those are the right patches. For Stone, just pick a Marshall JCM 800 amp with the gain around 7 o'clock, and you should be good. More distortion sounds heavier, but it's also so compressed that it doesn't have any punch. It's a hard lesson to learn, but you'll figure it out.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    I think it might be time to ditch the floor pod. maybe get a nice amp and some boss stompboxes or something. because all of the settings on the pod sound like some kind of dying animal
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    getting an amp is a good idea
    the little multi effect floor units are fun but that's all.
    im so glad i ditched my old solid state rig .
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst