? about my seat at jiffy lube live

LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
edited May 2010 in The Porch
for anyone who has been to the venue and could answer, it would be greatly appreciated. i got a ticket in the 100 level behind the orchestra, 5th row. the bad part is that the seat is the last one on the outside. is this a terrible or obstructed view? does it sound alright from the corners? just curious because i was just at merriweather recently and some of the outside lodge seats looked terrible.....like you probably couldn't even see the drummer from some of them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    I don't think you'll have an issue. I work at jll and it seems to me that all the house seating is pretty good. If its Section 101 then that's where Chris Cornell stood two years ago when he was on the Project Revolution Tour. That was pretty cool.

I actually won't be working the PJ show for obvious reasons: I'll be there to watch it.

They used to have a 3D seating chart online but it looks like they took it down. heres a 2D one: http://www.livenation.com/venue/jiffy-l ... e-tickets#

Hope this helps. I'm pumped for the show!
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Hey Joerock,

Traveling into that venue is pure unadulterated hell.

...what's the best way to get there without hitting all the traffic? I'm coming from Richmond and have a GPS, but after the Radiohead traffic nightmare which had us outside the venue for 3.5 hours missing the show, any advice on a route to avoid traffic is appreciated.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • i got idi got id Posts: 867
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Hey Joerock,

Traveling into that venue is pure unadulterated hell.

...what's the best way to get there without hitting all the traffic? I'm coming from Richmond and have a GPS, but after the Radiohead traffic nightmare which had us outside the venue for 3.5 hours missing the show, any advice on a route to avoid traffic is appreciated.

No secret other than to get there early...Any time after 3pm, you're going to be dealing with huge amounts of traffic. Only two ways in or out, single lane each way
  • JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    We actually have a new road available to us from F lot (the Mountain Dew lot) (also known as the lot that is an ass ugly distance from the pavilion) As for advice "i got id" is right, you just have to get there early.

Hopefully parking will be a little smoother than prior years with this new way out of F lot. No promises though. Just as a rule of thumb for JLL, expect to sit in traffic for a while.

Sorry I can't be more helpful :cry:
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA