hay guys whats going on ITT?

N31T000Z.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    garo-yepremian.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Who took Snowflake?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    jimed14 wrote:
    garo-yepremian.jpg

2004159501.jpg

For my money, still the greatest team accomplishment in history. Playing from game 5 up until the AFC Title Game with a back up QB. Going on the road in the title game and nearly pitching a shut out in the Super Bowl if it wasn't for Garo.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Finkle is Einhorn!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Mercury Morris can sick a big fat one. I hate that guy and his inflated ego.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    youngster wrote:
    Mercury Morris can sick a big fat one. I hate that guy and his inflated ego.

Yeah, I can't stand this guy and how he appears every season when there is one undefeated team left. Go away Mercury!!
  • Options
    HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    Not even in the Top 25 of greatest football teams.

The best thing to come from Miami is Horatio Caine and his unstoppable crime solving mentality coupled with his compassion for the safety of mankind.
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972

The best thing to come from Miami is Horatio Caine and his unstoppable crime solving mentality coupled with his compassion for the safety of mankind.

You really don't think they're in the "Top 25"??

Then who is, the 76 Bucs?
  • Options
    HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    FirstExit wrote:

You really don't think they're in the "Top 25"??

Then who is, the 76 Bucs?

Be realistic. For their day, they accomplished a rarity. I'll admit that. Going undefeated through an entire football season is a difficult task. But, head to head, athlete for athlete, they would get DESTROYED by pretty much every Superbowl team I can think of off the top of my head. For example, all 5 49ers teams, Cowboys from the 90's, the Patriots dynasty, LT's Giants, the 70's Steelers and definitely the 85 Bears. That's nearly 20 teams without even thinking hard.

Hell, there were 25 teams in the NFL last year that would have whipped the '72 Dolphins. Not to piss on their accomplishment, but they are nowhere close to the pinnacle of football excellence.

I'd bet $1000 that Nebraska '94 would have beaten Miami straight up.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,801
    85 Bears would have kicked the living shit out of the 72 Dolphins........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    It's impossible to compare teams from one generation to another ... so, of COURSE the 90 whatever Cowboys would kick the shit out of the 70 whatever Dolphins ... hell the 2008 0-16 Lions would probably beat the 1972 Dolphins ... it's a silly comparison.

The only issue I have with the teams of the 70s and their rank in history is that the free agency rules were far different, so, it was far easier for teams like the Dolphins or Steelers or Raiders of that time to amass such ridiculous talent and keep it .. for a decade or so, they'd have 10-15 hall of famers on their roster, something that would never happen with today's teams with salary cap and free agency rules.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez