Trouble receiving emails

NJChrisNJChris Posts: 47
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Anyone else having troubles getting emails from 10Club?

My buddy stated he got an email yesterday regarding the Philly bootlegs.....I haven't rec'd anything yet.

I have noticed in the past that it seems there is a delay in getting email to my Yahoo! account. I just checked my SPAM folders and there is nothing there.

Any advice is appreciated.

-NJChris
Its the same every day and the wave won't break
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    http://www.pearljam.com/user/

edit contact and make sure both boxes are checked

if they are email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> and let them know
  • NJChrisNJChris Posts: 47
    Thanks Norm!
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    edited May 2010
    I have been battling the Yahoo email thing for a couple of years. I did not get the transmission email either.

I have contacted, Yahoo, 10c, my ISP, everyone. It is all up to Yahoo and they treat 10c mail as bulk mail, even if I classify it differently. It does not go into my spam folder, but Yahoo holds it and holds it and holds it some more. If you expand the header (lower right of the mail screen --- FULL HEADERS), you can see when 10c sends it , when it gets to yahoo, and when yahoo sends it to you.

I have given up, and will use another email provider hoping it improves.
    Post edited by PJ_Lukin on
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    One newsletter was sent out this week from 10club, right?
  • NJChrisNJChris Posts: 47
    I have noticed that Yahoo holds and holds the emails. My buddy got his Newark announcement earlier in the day and I rec'd mine at around 6pm the same day even though the mail was sent much earlier.

I wrote 10Club and they also suggested "Please be sure to add <!-- e --><a href="mailto:donotreply@lists.pearljam.com">donotreply@lists.pearljam.com</a><!-- e --> & <!-- e --><a href="mailto:webmaster@tenclub.net">webmaster@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> to your email address book." I just added that so lets see how it goes moving forward.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    NJChris wrote:
    I have noticed that Yahoo holds and holds the emails. My buddy got his Newark announcement earlier in the day and I rec'd mine at around 6pm the same day even though the mail was sent much earlier.

I wrote 10Club and they also suggested "Please be sure to add <!-- e --><a href="mailto:donotreply@lists.pearljam.com">donotreply@lists.pearljam.com</a><!-- e --> & <!-- e --><a href="mailto:webmaster@tenclub.net">webmaster@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> to your email address book." I just added that so lets see how it goes moving forward.
    Yeah, I did all that and more, and I still haven't gotten the email from 5/5.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    There are lots of threads about people never receiving Ten Club e-mails. I used to have the same problem using my comcast.net e-mail address. I did everything that Ten Club suggested, and nothing worked. I don't know if people using comcast.net e-mail addresses are still having issues. I started using my hotmail.com e-mail address and it works perfectly!
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder