One Fans Thank You

as far as wavesas far as waves Posts: 33
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I love this band. From my first experience listening to the Mother Love Bone Shine EP on cassette up until Backspacer the elements of this band have been part of my life for over twenty years. They are the one friend who has experienced the ups and downs of adult life with me through out the whole ride. Struggles in high school, Ten helped me get through it, anxiety of college Vs. and Vitalogy rode me through that wave, No Code and Yield were my soundtracks as I started life working and falling in love. Binaural and Riot Act only deepened my appreciation for this band and Riot Act was helpful in the passing of loved ones. Avocado was salvation in the pain of going through a separation and rediscovering that love and Backspacer is now providing comfort in realizing that my (soon to be) ex wife and I are just not meant to be.

Through it all this band has gotten me through dark times and accompianed me on the great times. I have friends because of this band, I have met some great people at shows because of this band, I have had different life experiences due to traveling to see this band. From their love of sports, their charitable efforts, the music they like and that influenced them they hit all the right notes with me.

So as another tour is happening and we all go crazy speculating over set lists, hoping to hear “that one song”, what the poster looks like, what merch is available (they do make a great sock) I just want to say thank you. Thank you to the band, thank you to the 10 Club for doing what they do and thank you to the fans of this band who help make seeing a show the great experience it is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    That's a beautiful post, I feel the same.
    It's very amazing this journey and being with others who feel the same.
    Thank you for posting those great thoughts
  • Very nicely put. Thank You for that nice post. PJ is an awesome band that keeps giving back to its fans through the years. I hope everyone enjoys the shows. I can't wait until next week!!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • right on i agree. pj has helped mr get passed some hard times. and made the good better.pearljam music is the soundtrack to my life . it's amazing how much the music fits. Perfect! I TRULY LOVE THIS BAND! THANK YOU PJ ! PS. please tour fl. or somewhere close. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!
    thefixer
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    Many mirrorred feelings.
    Great post!!
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Great post. Im totally with you on all of the life experiences. PJ help me through the tough times and were there for all the amazing times and now as my life is amazing throughout they guide and travel with me. This band got me through the death of the greatest man in my life, my Dad. The friends I have made because of them, thats the big thing for me. Putting the band to one side and looking at this community alone, its a great legacy :D
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    I love this band. From my first experience listening to the Mother Love Bone Shine EP on cassette up until Backspacer the elements of this band have been part of my life for over twenty years. They are the one friend who has experienced the ups and downs of adult life with me through out the whole ride. Struggles in high school, Ten helped me get through it, anxiety of college Vs. and Vitalogy rode me through that wave, No Code and Yield were my soundtracks as I started life working and falling in love. Binaural and Riot Act only deepened my appreciation for this band and Riot Act was helpful in the passing of loved ones. Avocado was salvation in the pain of going through a separation and rediscovering that love and Backspacer is now providing comfort in realizing that my (soon to be) ex wife and I are just not meant to be.

Through it all this band has gotten me through dark times and accompianed me on the great times. I have friends because of this band, I have met some great people at shows because of this band, I have had different life experiences due to traveling to see this band. From their love of sports, their charitable efforts, the music they like and that influenced them they hit all the right notes with me.

So as another tour is happening and we all go crazy speculating over set lists, hoping to hear “that one song”, what the poster looks like, what merch is available (they do make a great sock) I just want to say thank you. Thank you to the band, thank you to the 10 Club for doing what they do and thank you to the fans of this band who help make seeing a show the great experience it is.

This is my favorite post in a long time!!! Well said.
  • scouser tommyscouser tommy Posts: 189
    i know where you are coming from , they never leave you feeling disapointed , change your mood after listening to their music and just blow you mind and change your life when you see them live . for these few things i will be always thankfull and hope it lasts a good while longer , cheers guys
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,901
    ski4 wrote:
    Many mirrorred feelings.
    Great FIRST post!!
    what ski4 said!!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14