Kansas City Poster - Update

shepshep Posts: 5,764
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I was looking around EMEK's site a couple of minutes ago... Wondering if anyone else has noticed this (make sure you scroll to the bottom):

http://www.emek.net/posters/p/pearljam3_details.html

Looks like if you weren't at the show, you ain't getting one! lol...
Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    EMEK seems like a very harsh dude. We'll still see the bastardized version through the 10c I bet.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    I don't know if I'd say that. I've sent him a number of emails, and ronni seems pretty nice! (although maybe he lets her deal with the fans cause he's not as acommodating)....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,384
    shep wrote:
    I was looking around EMEK's site a couple of minutes ago... Wondering if anyone else has noticed this (make sure you scroll to the bottom):

http://www.emek.net/posters/p/pearljam3_details.html

Looks like if you weren't at the show, you ain't getting one! lol...

So no AP's, foil's, variant's, glass's, cream versions from EMEK & it won't be available in the 10club goods section after the tour is over? :shock:
    I'm sure the 10C must have some... But it doesn't look like EMEK is gonna make any available...

Guess he doesn't like money a whole lot... Either that or he doesn't need it :mrgreen:
  • The P.T.The P.T. Posts: 141
    If anyone has an extra, please let me know. I was there and did not get one and I collect those posters for the shows I've been to. Please! Thanks
  • NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    You all are reading WAY more into this than you should. All it says is "Not for sale to flippers". Which I take to mean something similar to 10C's "not for resale". I'm positive Emek will sell his batch, as will the 10C. Most artists are getting paid through their own personal sales of the print (which would net them more money than if PJ just paid them outright). So if Emek wants to get paid at all, he'll sell them. This is just his way of saying "not for resale".
    Now unbunch your panties.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
    You all are reading WAY more into this than you should. All it says is "Not for sale to flippers". Which I take to mean something similar to 10C's "not for resale". I'm positive Emek will sell his batch, as will the 10C. Most artists are getting paid through their own personal sales of the print (which would net them more money than if PJ just paid them outright). So if Emek wants to get paid at all, he'll sell them. This is just his way of saying "not for resale".
    Now unbunch your panties.

my panties were never bunched, I don't want one! Emek has so many wayyy better prints, I would rather save my money and buy the black hole sunblock or any of the mars Volta prints!

How is emek going to stop flippers from buying it, please tell me? I would say 50% of the prints he sells wind up in the hands of flippers... He gonna block his most frequent customers? I'd like to know how, seeming as they know how to work his paypal system the best...