Has the oil spill messed up anyones vacation ?

Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Has the oil spill messed up anyones vacation ?

I was gonna go to gulfshores or panama city but not now. I'm ok with not going I just hope they get this taken care of fast. Just think right now gallons and gallons of oil are spewing into the water killing life in the ocean and on the shore.Maybe next year I'll go to disney world.?
I'll be back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    My boss was supposed to go on a deep sea fishing trip this weekend and that is not happening now.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    i know my mate called me an said no surfin or fishin for awhile but this in corpus cristi an south padre island tx,,he said its random on how its coming in but yeah BP fucked up bro i would try an speak with a local bro,,,,an ask them have a great day
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    thanks fuckers
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FHjoS9VmJI
    halliburton? isn't that our buddy dick cheney?
    holy toledo...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzyqoZQZ2rM

i still can't believe people voted for these fuckers...
    unbelievable

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I'm just curious if anyone knows...Does it seem like it took these companies an unusually long time to react to the disaster by capping the leak? It's been two weeks and they just capped the thing?!?!

I assumed they had disaster relief plans in case of emergency, but it just seems like they are lollygagging on this... Am i wrong?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it is much cheaper for companies/industries like this to suffer "disasters" like this than to actually spend the money preventing it ...
    I'm just curious if anyone knows...Does it seem like it took these companies an unusually long time to react to the disaster by capping the leak? It's been two weeks and they just capped the thing?!?!

I assumed they had disaster relief plans in case of emergency, but it just seems like they are lollygagging on this... Am i wrong?
    no you're not wrong.
    someone is making money.
    hmmm

insurance, bankruptcy, shenanigans, & oil weasels..
    nawww never..
    everyone plays by the rules :lol:

fuckers........... :evil:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

so a few million alligators die.
    we all love trillions of fish floating in oil slicks, i know i prefer my fish drinking motor oil..
    and seabirds... forget about it... crude oil is fantastic for flight and as rain gear for dumb stupid birds...

personally bathing in grease..wait..
    swimming in oil fields (not beautiful beaches/oceans) is where i found the beach boys back in 1969..
    we were all very gay, very filthy... but holy shit we had money and we hated clean water so we drank shit water... unbelievable...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    btw i hate seahorses
    i vote seahorses be replaced by sea floor oil rigs..

matter of fact.. i want all whales held captive in a giant pools filled with tar and gravel..

btw...seahorses are very mean

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251

well they have to think of the idea first then they had to have the 100 ton thing made, then transport it to location, then get it down there. I read they are currently making a 2nd thing to add on to the other.
    I'll be back
    has the oil spill messed up anyones vacation? :shock:
    hhmmmm.. interesting way of looking at things..

how about,, um... has the oil spill fucked shit up big fucking time? and i don't give a fat rats ass about vacationing my balls in the sand of the gulf, now i'm pissed???

um, what just happened?
    :?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184

well they have to think of the idea first then they had to have the 100 ton thing made, then transport it to location, then get it down there. I read they are currently making a 2nd thing to add on to the other.

I don't think BP cares, they slickly placed blame elsewhere while on the other hand staking claim for the clean up. That's the nature of the beast the oil companies and their off shore drilling.
    Oil giant BP Plc has been carefully playing the public relations game by saying it bore responsibility for the costs of the clean up of the oil that was shooting out of the damaged well a mile below the surface of the Gulf. But in recent days it has begun to point directly at driller Transocean Ltd as the main culprit.

BP, other oil spill companies start the blame game

In case you don't know Transocean LTD is based out of the Cayman Islands a worthy tax escape for a company profiting in the billions. Profits rule their agenda and the environmental rsk is one they're more than willing to take.

Basically there was no contingency plan was made in case of an emergency, none if a hurricane came through and created the same kind of disaster. If you don't have a valve cap on site at the rig well at the very least have one or two already built just in case you come across a situation such as this. Why were they able to get away with this, years of deregulation *let's leave it up to the oil companies to regulate themselves*. Well then this is what you get, a disaster that will ruin, destroy peoples lives in the Gulf Region.

I do believe the very last thing this region is worrying about at this time and going forward is whether or NOT people's vacation has been detoured.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I'm not bitching about it, I'm fine with it, I'll save my money for something else next year. I know some people that are not going on vacation because of this and people that are still going to the beach and wanted to ask on here. Oh btw your comment "I do believe the very last thing this region is worrying about at this time and going forward is whether or NOT people's vacation has been detoured." I think those people that have buisnesses on/near the beach are concerned that vacations have been detoured
    I'll be back
    I'm not bitching about it, I'm fine with it, I'll save my money for something else next year. I know some people that are not going on vacation because of this and people that are still going to the beach and wanted to ask on here. Oh btw your comment "I do believe the very last thing this region is worrying about at this time and going forward is whether or NOT people's vacation has been detoured." I think those people that have buisnesses on/near the beach are concerned that vacations have been detoured

Well of course they are would you want to go on vacation and have fields of drifting oil washing up on the beach? BTW, after a month in Arizona this summer I'll also be spending some time on the Gulf in Sanibel Island (west coast Florida) and I'm sure when I go katamaran sailing they'll be a sent of frothing oil amongst the waves.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQq1RINZUnM
    unreal

earth quakes, volcanoes, oil rig fuck ups.... im running away, to a different planet...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    chadwick wrote:
    unreal

earth quakes, volcanoes, oil rig fuck ups.... im running away, to a different planet...

shit :lol: take a rocket!!!

this a freaking disaster to the ecosystem and peoples livelihoods....fuck vacations!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758

how many weeks did it take them to even find out where that leak from a nuclear power plant in vermont was coming from which made the water table almost as toxic as straight reactor water not that long ago??

oh wait, nuclear power is so safe
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758

yeah, they have to have the idea first then make it....or they could've just spent the $500,000 on the part required by virtually every other nation that would've prevented the leak.....

don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtq8Oc_LvkU
    it has been capped, right?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

yeah, they have to have the idea first then make it....or they could've just spent the $500,000 on the part required by virtually every other nation that would've prevented the leak.....

This exactly what I was speaking about earlier with the Bush years and their deregulations which gave the authority to the oil companies to police themselves. The question is did they, just think of ALL the shrimp beds that will be devastated?

Peace