Flying into Indy today? Cab is $140 to Noblesville!

Little ItalyLittle Italy Posts: 404
edited May 2010 in The Porch
If anyone is coming in and would be interested in splitting the ride, please, call me at 585-746-7111. I'm sitting at the airport and haven't seen a pj shirt yet! its dead.....
"he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,897
    Hotel or camp ground? If it's hotel , perhaps you can get their shuttle for far cheaper?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I'm guessing I'm too late for you, but if you go online and rent a car for a few days it will probably be much cheaper. More expensive if you walk up to the counter.
  • Little ItalyLittle Italy Posts: 404
    My buddy's hotel is in noblesville and I don't think they have a shuttle. As far as a rental, my license is suspended so I don't think that will work. I figured there would be someone who flew in for the show that may be in a similar situation, but its a ghosttown over here......thanks for the suggestions though.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,984
    That seems a little steep; Noblesville isn't that far away!
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    cab to bus station?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    1st time traveler? Planning is key.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,441
    HEY!!!

Be Nice!!!

The guy is in a shitty situation.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • jb7049jb7049 Posts: 75
    585 ?? Must be from Rochester
    Saratoga, NY 8.27.00, Boston, MA 9.29.04, Denver, CO 7.2.06 (with Tom Petty), The Spectrum 10.30.09, The Spectrum 10.31.09, Buffalo, NY 5.10.10, Newark, NJ 5.18.10, New York, NY 6.21.11 (EV Solo), Toronto, ON 9.11.11 (Neil Young Appearance!), Hamilton, ON 9.15.11, Fenway Park 8.5.16
    CMON PEOPLE!!!!

Somebody go pick this guy up at the airport!!!!!!!!!!
    Do you need the cash???

Do they have Western Union at the airport???

I could Western Union you the $140....And you could pay me back....

And if you dont pay me back...I will hunt you down!!!!! heheheheh

Seriously?? If it is a cash flow problem, let me know. Ill help you out.
  • Did you go to the information or welcome desk at the airport? There are always shared shutle services that operate from there. They can tell you who to contact. You can probably get a round trip shuttle to Noblesville for under a hundred bucks. Beats $280 rt.
  • My flight gets in at 4. I've rented a car and I'll give you a ride if you're still there when I get there.
    107 Shows and counting
    My flight gets in at 4. I've rented a car and I'll give you a ride if you're still there when I get there.
    THERE YA GO!!!!!!

You are a good person!!!!!!!!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    HEY!!!

Be Nice!!!

The guy is in a shitty situation.....
    I'm not saying no one should help him out. I'm just saying that in the digital age there are so many resources out there that could have prevented this situation from happening.
  • this board rocks.

I just googled every-fucking-thing about Indy to Noblesville.

Marriott has no shuttle.
    Greyhound bus? ffs.
    Amtrak.. lol.
    shit. Thumbing my way. Quick make a sign!

Wait until 4 for this wonderful person.

($140 cab sounds like roundtrip)
    WOOT!
    this board rocks.

I just googled every-fucking-thing about Indy to Noblesville.

Marriott has no shuttle.
    Greyhound bus? ffs.
    Amtrak.. lol.
    shit. Thumbing my way. Quick make a sign!

Wait until 4 for this wonderful person.

($140 cab sounds like roundtrip)

haha

i did the same thing ... it kinda highlights how much of a car culture some places are ... i would think there would be some shuttle service or public transit to somewhere central where you could get to noblesville ...
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Hertz was $42....
    [sic] happens
  • Do you need the cash???

Very nice of you to offer to help this guy out! Made me smile. I love tour time! :D
    Do you need the cash???

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate the generosity, but its just not in my budget at the moment. I had no idea it would cost that much. I remember reading on the board that Noblesville was 20 miles away and that a can would cost 40 bucks at the most. Obviously that isn't the case. I just hope this show will be a memorable one!
    I really appreciate the kindess displayed by you guys. I'm still amazed at how dead this airport is! My buddy is driving down from Noblesville, which they say is 50 miles away (not 20) and should take him an hour and a half with traffic. It cool I guess. Listenig to. '09 San Diego, laying on this grass over here by the arrival terminal. At least its peaceful hahaha
    I really appreciate the kindess displayed by you guys. I'm still amazed at how dead this airport is! My buddy is driving down from Noblesville, which they say is 50 miles away (not 20) and should take him an hour and a half with traffic. It cool I guess. Listenig to. '09 San Diego, laying on this grass over here by the arrival terminal. At least its peaceful hahaha

i measured it on a map program i have and it should only be about 35 miles ... mostly interstate ... good luck ...
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    Do you need the cash???

Very nice of you to offer to help this guy out! Made me smile. I love tour time! :D
    Cheers to that
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206

Awesome that your buddy is coming to get you. Awesome that Speedy offered cash and awesome that another fan offered you a ride at 4pm. Gotta love this community. Have a great time tonight! :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,984

I'm glad you found someone to give you a ride. It's obvious that the airport folks are either ignorant or taking advantage of you. It is NOT 50 miles to Noblesville from the Indy airport!! 90 minutes of driving also sounds far-fetched, since it is not exactly rush hour right now. I used to live on the opposite side of Indy from the airport, and it took about 45 minutes to get there.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Tone wrote:

Awesome that your buddy is coming to get you. Awesome that Speedy offered cash and awesome that another fan offered you a ride at 4pm. Gotta love this community. Have a great time tonight! :)

Thanks man. Gotta love the community and gotta love good people that aren't selfish and don't mind helping people. I have been fortunate to meet some very cool 10 clubbers

All is well now, almost to Noblesville. Let the games begin! T-minus 4 hours........
    Tone wrote:

How can I/we not help this person???

They are stuck at the airport??? After flying to Indy???

I dont care how he got stuck there...
    I dont care why he got stuck there.....
    I dont care if he screwed up when he planned the trip....

None of that really matters...right?

All I know is he needs $140 to get to the damned show.....