Benaroya Hall Vinyl

JM188713JM188713 Posts: 31
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Just an idea, but what if Ten Club reissued this vinyl set because I know the demand is very high, as evident with ebay sales. I have everything PJ put on wax but I'm not ready to pay over $1,000 US for a set of LPs. I missed the boat when these were first released as I didn't have a credit card in those days, but please Ten Club here our plea release Benaroya on Vinyl... again :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    well, it would be great, definitely but it's not going to happen.
    Imagine the faces of those who have already one and who paid much for it (like me...) if 10C releases a reissue for let's say $50
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    it would be a small tragedy for me. I recently cracked my Benny open for listening purposes.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,384
    If they do re-issue Benaroya Hall's vinyl, it would have to be a whole new packaging. Different artwork, black vinyl etc .. so it won't be the same as the original collectors edition release like back in '04.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Slap it on black vinyl and put it in a regular case. It won't affect the collector's market and plz alotta fans.

Isn't there like 2000 of the original press? That's not that limited for a vinyl release these days.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,384
    DewieCox wrote:
    Slap it on black vinyl and put it in a regular case. It won't affect the collector's market and plz alotta fans.

Isn't there like 2000 of the original press? That's not that limited for a vinyl release these days.

So true! The Ben vinyl didn't even sell out. Went on sale @ 3am and sold out @ 11am Halifax Time. For only 2 thousand copies, 4 lp's @ $35 bucks, totally shocked me.

I would, if they do re-issue it in black, will there be a lot of bitching?
    My guess it, hell yeah!

But first re-issue all the studio records first. See how that goes.
  • demetrios wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

So true! The Ben vinyl didn't even sell out. Went on sale @ 3am and sold out @ 11am Halifax Time. For only 2 thousand copies, 4 lp's @ $35 bucks, totally shocked me.

I would, if they do re-issue it in black, will there be a lot of bitching?
    My guess it, hell yeah!

I'm still kicking myself not buying a set for that meager sum. :( :cry:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • JM188713JM188713 Posts: 31
    Just looked on ebay and some dude wants $1500 for the original set.

I do agree a reissue in plain black vinyl would be a great idea, maybe even changing the artwork possibly to mirror the CD release and keep some of the collectors from bitching (but they always bitch don't they?)
  • rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312

I have posted on previous threads this exact quote from a music distributor. This is a discription that was used for the Ten Reissue.

"Ten, the debut album that sold 12 million copies and introduced the world to Pearl Jam in 1991, will be reissued on March 24, 2009. The reissue of Ten serves as the launch of a planned two-year catalogue re-release campaign leading up to the band's 20th anniversary in 2011. Each Ten package will include two versions of the album: the remastered version of the original album PLUS an accompanying remixed version done by the band's long-time producer, Brendan O'Brien (Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC, Audioslave)."
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2