Best Way to MSG?

pjaddict91pjaddict91 Posts: 19
edited May 2010 in The Porch
I'm going to MSG I, coming from north of Philly. What's the best way to get to MSG? I don't really want to deal with traffic in the city while trying to get to a parking lot. If anybody knows of a place you can park and take a train into the city or anything like that, it would be really helpful. As long as I can get back after the show :lol: Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Glorified2030Glorified2030 Posts: 138
    you could drive over to hamilton train station in trenton.the train is cheap and takes you right to MSG, large parking lot/garage but i would advise getting there early as many people will be doing the same thing
  • sounds like you are the perfect candidate for Seacaucus (Junction)
    Its right off of the NJ turnpike and is big train station/hub, park there, and hop on the train, they run very often to Penn Station. Its 1 stop, 15 mins, brings you to Penn Station/MSG, 2 min walk to MSG. After the show is over, same thing in reverse. Leave from the NJ Transit section of Penn Station to Seacaucus Junction and grab car and hop right back on the turnpike south!
  • Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 568
    sounds like you are the perfect candidate for Seacaucus (Junction)
    Its right off of the NJ turnpike and is big train station/hub, park there, and hop on the train, they run very often to Penn Station. Its 1 stop, 15 mins, brings you to Penn Station/MSG, 2 min walk to MSG. After the show is over, same thing in reverse. Leave from the NJ Transit section of Penn Station to Seacaucus Junction and grab car and hop right back on the turnpike south!

+1
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • pjaddict91pjaddict91 Posts: 19
    sounds like you are the perfect candidate for Seacaucus (Junction)
    That sounds perfect. Does it usually fill it quickly though? I won't be able to get there until about 4 or so...
  • BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    you could drive over to hamilton train station in trenton.the train is cheap and takes you right to MSG, large parking lot/garage but i would advise getting there early as many people will be doing the same thing

I second the Hamilton station.

I also second getting there early. Bring beer.
    BM42909 wrote:

definately, beer is a must.
    BM42909 wrote:

definately, beer is a must.
    Only eighteen, so that may be a problem :lol: You say to get there early, how early are we talking? 2-3 pm?
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    If I were you, I'd get Amtrak from Philly 30th Street straight to New York Penn. Takes about 1 hour and 20 mins and there are usually seats for $49. I do this constantly for shows in Philly... faster than driving, comfortable and easy. No hassle trying to deal with a car in the city.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
    Tone wrote:
    If I were you, I'd get Amtrak from Philly 30th Street straight to New York Penn. Takes about 1 hour and 20 mins and there are usually seats for $49. I do this constantly for shows in Philly... faster than driving, comfortable and easy. No hassle trying to deal with a car in the city.
    Probably should have clarified that while I'm north of Philly, I'm still over an hour from it :oops: NYC is actually only about 20 minutes farther away, just east instead of south. So going from Philly isn't really an option, but thanks anyways. :)
  • lednukelednuke Posts: 48

Definitely Hamilton, I commuted to the Garden all last summer. you can drink on the train no problem and it takes you RIGHT there. costs about $20 round trip. Best way by far. Just take 95 to the station, exit 65b I think (technically 295 at that point)
    i would say 2, get there,on train no later than 2:30,in the city by 4:15, then you have some time to hang before the show
    The only problem with driving to Trenton is that it's nearly as far to drive there as to NY. :oops: I guess I should have specified more, I'm coming from the Allentown area. Are there any stations farther to the north? Right now the Seacaucus sounds like the best choice, but I'm a bit concerned about parking...
    The only problem with driving to Trenton is that it's nearly as far to drive there as to NY. :oops: I guess I should have specified more, I'm coming from the Allentown area. Are there any stations farther to the north? Right now the Seacaucus sounds like the best choice, but I'm a bit concerned about parking...

you could take a bus to and from, i know there is a bus service, but that isnt to reliable considering traffic and the bus running late. i would drive to one of the train stations mentioned above. you wont have to worry about parking in the city, traffic after the show, and having to pay for the extra gas.

you could take a bus to and from, i know there is a bus service, but that isnt to reliable considering traffic and the bus running late. i would drive to one of the train stations mentioned above. you wont have to worry about parking in the city, traffic after the show, and having to pay for the extra gas.
    Yeah looks like I'll try Seacaucus and hope there's parking. If not I'll just have to try my luck finding parking in the city :D Thanks for the help everybody.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    www.hopstop.com

enjoy !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    What about driving from Allentown to Jersey City, park near Pavonia or Journal Square, and taking the PATH? You come out not too far from MSG.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    the megabus from baltimore works for me for NY and priced well all the time
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 782
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

Yeah looks like I'll try Seacaucus and hope there's parking. If not I'll just have to try my luck finding parking in the city :D Thanks for the help everybody.

that is what I am doing. Couldn't find a cheap enough hotel in the city, so staying in Secaucus and driving to the train station. I don't think you would have any trouble finding parking there.