Ames again...

2»

Comments

• Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i jumped at the chance for this subset.
    Half the shows in that set i'm attending
    so the luxury of not having to scramble into MSG or into The Rock for a Poster appeals to me-
    its just easier to have it shipped to my home, not having to worry.
    I am a fan of most of Ames Bros work, for the most part.

:)

Got the Book- Special Edition,
    love it also ! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well said. +1
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    Yeah, that poster is awful. My god. The better question is who will design MSG I and how sweet will it be. Klausen, you would think, would have to do another one this tour wouldn't you? I have a feeling the Buffalo one is going to be awesome, as well as the show and set list. 5/2/03 was fucking sick.

I also got the email for the Ames SUB... $280? No thanks. I liked their Rotterdam poster but I have a black and red fetish....

Klausen rules.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    That columbus poster kicks ass. Homage to R. Crumb if I ever saw it. You people have no taste. There is a man riding a T. Rex for Waffle's sake. What more could anyone ask for?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    hip_n_jamhip_n_jam Posts: 220
    jervin007 wrote:
    I would imagine that rules out Ames for Boston then. Come on BK!

Has anyone said (or speculated) on who's doing the Boston poster anywhere?

Generally speaking, I'm an Ames fan, and I do like this poster.
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Not jumping for joy at that news. :|

Nor am I buddy.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Sawyer wrote:
    any poster you get at a show you attend is an absolute winner....it is a memento for the memories there....that said I hope I can keep my Ames Indy dry

Agreed. I bought mine (stupid somebodies wouldn't allow poster tubes in the venue, but they SOLD tubes..grr) but oh well. I ended up with a poster because:

1) It's a Pearl Jam poster and I know what this site is like when Santos announces poster sales
    2) I wanted something to keep the memories. ... at least until I get the CD.

...and yes, I need the CD over the download. Something physical, something solid.

My first thought was that this poster SCREAMS "DO THE EVOLUTION!" as it reminds me of that video...but yeah, they probably could have done a bit better.

...don't they use these posters to hype up the shows? I never see them anywhere in advance of the shows.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    I happen to think that the Ames Bros. do nothing but fantastic work. I think people want the posters to be too "Pearl Jammy". I think the Ames Bros. like to incorporate the city in to the poster. The person who mentioned mr. Crumb as an inspiration for the Columbus poster is right on. I happen to think having the city as part of the inspiration is what makes the posters so much more amazing for the people in those cities.
  • Options
    It's the other way around I'm going to meet the famous Tami! what an honor! :D[/quote]

so no MSG I for you Jose?[/quote]

Nope just MSG2 :( but what the heck, when i lived in south america there was no PJ at all, so even just 1 or 2 gigs a year is plenty for me 8-)[/quote]

I am looking forward to sitting in the famous Tammi's 10c seats!!!! p.s.-please don't ditch me :)
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 455
    Although I am not a big fan of last nights poster, and made a few jokes on this thread about it, I will say that as I sit here and look around at the majority of my framed PJ posters hanging around my house, they are Ames Bros, and I love them. Up until the last few years, weren't they the only ones to do PJ posters (with the exception of the one EMEK)?
    I'm sure most of us in this fan club have some great Ames posters that we've purchased over the years.
    So, I take back my statements about last night's poster (but I sure hope tonight's is better :D ).
  • Options
    theboxerorthebagtheboxerorthebag Posts: 1,774
    I am looking forward to sitting in the famous Tammi's 10c seats!!!! p.s.-please don't ditch me :)

Why would I ditch you Ryan? Soo paranoid!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    this subset suddenly got alot better.

As a thank you to our dedicated customers, we are dropping the price of our sets for the next week to $230. You've already placed your order but we want to make sure you are able to enjoy the savings. Your FB15 discount still applies, therefore we will be crediting you $42.50! Thanks again for your order and your support.
    -Ames Bros.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    its better than the crappy StLouis one. a baseball logo? really?
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    the sets are dropping faster than the dow did yesterday. trader glitch or just shitty posters? ;)

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... STER+FRAME
  • Options
    2010Indi.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    my buddy bath... still the poster addict ;)

although i will say i was on the fence about this one... but decided against it

i wish they kept it the way things were in 09... with the large run and preorder ability

oh well

maybe they'll still have the large run?
  • Options

i wish they kept it the way things were in 09... with the large run and preorder ability

oh well

maybe they'll still have the large run?

Oh well, i hear what youre saying.
    I only jumped on this little mini set ( only 4 shows , 5 posters with the extra )
    because I am attending 2 out of these 4 shows, so its definitely in my interests to get those 2 shows and not have to worry about scrambling around at the venue for a poster .
    Later on I can use the 2 extras for trades , sales , or just hang them up with thumbtacks at my job.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    edited May 2010
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i jumped at the chance for this subset.
    Half the shows in that set i'm attending
    so the luxury of not having to scramble into MSG or into The Rock for a Poster appeals to me-
    its just easier to have it shipped to my home, not having to worry.
    I am a fan of most of Ames Bros work, for the most part.

Got the Book- Special Edition,
    love it also ! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Now that makes sense.I always buy the prints from shows I attend LUCKY you :D
    but so far this tour the only one I like so far is BK Nola poster
    Post edited by timc on
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    arq wrote:
    jones wrote:
    thankfully ames is working one of these shows. i have my reasons 8-)

I don't want to end up with something like this:

PJCMB.jpg

we already did and lucky us the same poster two time in different colors!
    1_9cf9b79588d413373ec71810b0a18c1d.jpg

Ames bros flat out sucks for posters now. They have an occasional cool one and a whole slew of lame ass kiddy shit. can they not get better artists?