Joe Buck???

stykes10stykes10 Posts: 31
edited May 2010 in The Porch
LOL - just heard a quick voiceover from Joe Buck telling me I was listening to Pearl Jam radio. Cool to hear random people but I hate Joe Buck!! First negative for PJ Radio.
Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the ones I love

Dream the dreams of other men, you'll be no ones rival
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    on a brighter side, he did sound more enthusiastic with announcing Pearl Jam Radio than he did at ANY world series that he's announced!
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    any fan of Pearl Jam is a friend of mine.
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    Heard the same thign too. Joe Buck is a bitch and is the worst baseball/sports announcer ever. Everytime he announces a yankee game I listen to it on the radio while watching tv (and I also hate susan waldmen and john sterling too). Same with G-Men games. He is nearly retarded. He also said last year during game four (which took place on Nov 2 I believe or the 1, not sure) that Pearl Jam was closing the Spectrum that night and that he was a huge PJ fan. PJ closed the spectrum the night before and he barely knew anything about PJ when Mcarver asked him about it (mcarver is also an idiot).

Bring back Jack Buck...or even Phil Rizzuto (rivvuto?)....or even the versatile Al Trautwig. All better than Joe Buck
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,389
    MayDay10 wrote:
    any fan of Pearl Jam is a friend of mine.

Mine too! :)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Joe's just livin off his dad's hard work & fame. He's a prick.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    What's with the hate? Sure he's not his dad, but Jack Buck was the best sports announcer EVER!!

I think alotta people hate him b/c he is on top of the sportscaster world. Seemed like a nice enough guy at the St Lou show.
  • DDowning21NJDDowning21NJ Posts: 106
    bottom line joe buck sucks. I hate spendings saturdays with him and mccarver and sundays with him aikman.
    A Compliment For Us Is A Compliment For You

Hartford 05/15/10, Newark 05/18/10, MSG I 05/20/10, MSG II 05/21/10
    bottom line joe buck sucks. I hate spendings saturdays with him and mccarver and sundays with him aikman.
    Amen
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Joe Buck is pretty annoying. At least he has a little saving grace now.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • PJ44PJ44 Posts: 153
    stykes10 wrote:
    LOL - just heard a quick voiceover from Joe Buck telling me I was listening to Pearl Jam radio. Cool to hear random people but I hate Joe Buck!! First negative for PJ Radio.

i cant find the radio on pearljam.com any ideas?
    PJ44
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    I'm not gonna discriminate in any PJ celeb or sports figure fans I can get to do IDs for PJ Radio. Just happened to run into him on my way out of the building in St. Louis. And don't be hating on Mary Kate cause one day I'm gonna get one from her too ;)
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    DewieCox wrote:
    What's with the hate? Sure he's not his dad, but Jack Buck was the best sports announcer EVER!!

I think alotta people hate him b/c he is on top of the sportscaster world. Seemed like a nice enough guy at the St Lou show.

I think people hate him because he is EVERYWHERE. He does Saturday baseball games all season and then the baseball playoffs. He does NFL games all season and then does playoffs for that too. When you listen to a guy that much, he's goin to bother you. The fact that he can come off like an arrogant prick doesn't help either. What really got me was this show on HBO he had (maybe still has, I dont even know if it's still on). I dunno if he thought he was stand up comedian or what, but it was a fucking disaster. Artie Lange's appearance on there was classic.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    PJ44 wrote:
    stykes10 wrote:

i cant find the radio on pearljam.com any ideas?

Log off, then it pops up on the home page.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    NHiding wrote:
    I'm not gonna discriminate in any PJ celeb or sports figure fans I can get to do IDs for PJ Radio. Just happened to run into him on my way out of the building in St. Louis. And don't be hating on Mary Kate cause one day I'm gonna get one from her too ;)
    :shock: I saw you with Joe Buck on the way out. Your doing a great job with PJ Radio 8-) . Nice of you to get Laura & Zack in there too! ;)
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Phil Rizzuto (rivvuto?)....

is this a joke?! This is blasphemy if you are a Yankee fan! :shock:
    haha, just messing with you. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PJ44PJ44 Posts: 153
    Log off, then it pops up on the home page.[/quote]

thanks.
    PJ44
  • joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Artie Lange destroying Buck on his own show was one of the greatest moments in the history of show biz 8-)
    NHiding wrote:
    Dude you should get sports jayson bay, mark texiera, brian leech, theo epstein.....etc. all of which are 100000x better than those fools

Also, at Bonnaroo 08 I saw Mark Kate and Ashlry Olsen in what I would call a 'cat fight' in the festival grounds. My friends didn't believe me that it was then until one of them read about it in a tabliod weeks later. Crazy girls
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    I really like Joe Buck as an announcer. And the fact that he is a PJ fan makes him that much better. He has a great voice and......is probably one of the most unbiased announcers out there. Not sure where all the hate is coming from. He seems like a big fan, maybe even big enough to have a membership. It's a shame he could be reading all the hate on him.....
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Let's hope PJ Radio doesn't tank in 4 weeks like Joe Buck Live.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    hahahahajhahahahahahaha it lasted that long?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    hahahahajhahahahahahaha it lasted that long?
    My mistake. 3 episodes over a few months. Then it got the chop.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Buck_Live
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925