Ken Burns' 'The Civil War'

ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Just downloaded this. It's great. I have it in England on DVD.

Anyone else love this 9 part documentary and/or Ken Burns' other stuff with PBS? His documentary on Jack Johnson - the first black heavyweight champion - is also wicked.

center_03.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Byrnzie wrote:

Anyone else love this 8 part documentary and/or Ken Burns' other stuff?

Your now going to lose your Job, i'm not kidding. When someone in my building gets let go, they send me in to wrap up there office and ship all personal affects to there house, every office for the last 2 years i've done has had a copy of this on there self, it's bad mojo. i recently saw one on my father in laws self, and warned him, he laughed at me, 3 month's later he was forced to retire. Delete it, trash it, do what you've got to.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    KO282453 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

Your now going to lose your Job, i'm not kidding. When someone in my building gets let go, they send me in to wrap up there office and ship all personal affects to there house, every office for the last 2 years i've done has had a copy of this on there self, it's bad mojo. i recently saw one on my father in laws self, and warned him, he laughed at me, 3 month's later he was forced to retire. Delete it, trash it, do what you've got to.

I'll let you know if anything bad happens work-wise in the near future. ;)

Anyway, maybe because I've just got a downloaded copy on my hard-drive I'll be o.k. I don't have the dvd box set sitting around here.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Byrnzie wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:
    Byrnzie wrote:

I'll let you know if anything bad happens work-wise in the near future. ;)

Anyway, maybe because I've just got a downloaded copy on my hard-drive I'll be o.k. I don't have the dvd box set sitting around here.

I'm hoping the DL version, gives you a pass, good luck.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Has anyone here been to Gettysburg, or any of the other battlefields? I'm interested in all the stories of ghosts and the supposed aura that these places exude. I'd love to visit these places myself one day.

Edit: Though I did travel through Harpers Ferry and The Shenandoah Valley in 1991.